Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

A positive gesture from Egypt

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Well if common sense is the Bashification che spoke about then you should all embrace it!

But wait a minute! In the same breath you said Bashism equals surrender, did you not yaa Farax?

Confusion xaal qaado!

Yes i did, I was speaking Baashi,the language of double speak :D

Castro   

1- Tell us what you think would be a realistic approach to end the current mayhem in Somalia.

A combination of fighting the occupier and engaging him politically. The enemy sooner or later loses his ambition and drive given enough opposition, however "hit and run" it may be. Negotiations are best made from a position of strength. Capitulating to the enemy then coming to the negotiation table is an exercise in futility yaa Xiin. The occupier and his puppet regime understand, and are feeling the effects of, the resistance's determination. You can see now that the days of "we will not negotiate with terrorists" are quickly coming to an end. And that is not because Ethiopia is getting softer but because the resistance is trying its endurance.

2-Articulate a strategy to remove Ethiopia from all Somali soil, not only from Bakara market!

The bigger task is making Somalis, of all clans, share a common vision. Even then, it will not be easy to lift Abyssinia's stranglehold on Somalis. Surely, negotiations alone will not work as no one, Ethiopia included, gives up land if they feel there are little repercussions to be suffered.

Nimaan warankaagu gelin weedhaa ma gasho, as our ancestors used to say.

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:

1- Tell us what you think would be a realistic approach to end the current mayhem in Somalia.

A combination of fighting the occupier and engaging him politically
. The enemy sooner or later loses his ambition and drive given enough opposition, however "hit and run" it may be. Negotiations are best made from a position of strength. Capitulating to the enemy then coming to the negotiation table is an exercise in futility yaa Xiin. The occupier and his puppet regime understand, and are feeling the effects of, the resistance's determination. You can see now that the days of "we will not negotiate with terrorists" are quickly coming to an end. And that is not because Ethiopia is getting softer but because the resistance is trying its endurance.

2-Articulate a strategy to remove Ethiopia from all Somali soil, not only from Bakara market!

The bigger task is making Somalis, of all clans, share a common vision. Even then, it will not be easy to lift Abyssinia's stranglehold on Somalis. Surely, negotiations alone will not work as no one, Ethiopia included, gives up land if they feel there are little repercussions to be suffered.

Nimaan warankaagu gelin weedhaa ma gasho
, as our ancestors used to say.
A combination of fighting the occupier and engaging him politically is a good approach I must admit. But given both the theatre (Mogadishu) and the consequence (more Somalis out, and more Ethiopian soldiers in) of muqaama’s recent fighting I am not sure if this strategy has been adopted effectively! Particularly, the political track of this strategy has either been lacking or utterly slow moving. Forgive me, but I am getting the empression of you suggesting Muqaawamah’s political engagement with the tfg should be contingent upon its military success on the ground. That is to say, if the muqaawaamah is losing both ground and men, then it’s disadvantageous for it to engage in peace talks. I would rather have the national considerations drive resistances engagements with the tfg, and not by how’s performing on the ground militarily. For the sooner some compromised settlement is reached between Somali groups the better Somalis can devise ways to deal with Ethiopia. You must understand that Ethiopia is there because of our lack of political cohesion. It has learnt throughout the civil war years to exploit and exacerbate any division we got.

Make not mistake adeer Somalis must fight against Ethiopia. But any fight against the enemy must take into consideration enemy’s long-term plans. I believe what happened in Mogadishu is beneficial to Ethiopia. More Somalis are abandoning their homes and properties. Eventually considerable numbers of those left Xamar will either end up in Kenyan refugee camps or with all probability leave the continent! So there is urgency from my part to minimize this mass exodus, and engage the enemy in other areas. It gave me hope when I heard the news that Ethiopian army was confronted and engaged in and around the borders crossings.

All in all, yours are great points! Where's Farax and Che? tuuji maskaxdiinna waryaaya :D !