Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

Starting a revolution at home?

I've been wondering about something for a while. In several western countries, groups are emerging who want to establish an Islamic state in the Western country they're currently residing in. They want to remove the godlessness and reinstate the quran as the only law, etc.

However, what I don't understand is why they want to even attempt this in the west. Isn't it hypocritical of them to concentrate their efforts on western countries, while the current so-called 'muslim' countries are rapidly declining? Why would any Western nation take an Islamic government seriously, when the current ones are a joke? Wouldn't their efforts be better spent trying to improve the state of current muslim countries first, by setting an example of Islam can really work, before progressing unto countries that are so ideologically different?

What are your thoughts about this?

If you haven't figured out yet, muslims are day-dreamers. I think it's a poor excuse to distract themselves from what's really important. I've been hearing about this dream of khalifah state for a long time, and quite honestly am sick to my stomach. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! We have fundamental issues here at home (wherever the muslims reside) we fail to acknowlege.

ma'asalama for now.

Gabbal   

Very true Tamina. How we can do anything when we, Muslims, are so seperated. It is ludicris to think of establishing any sort of Islamic state in the West, when we can't even do that in our majority Muslim countries.

Salaam,

I don't think that an Islamic state can be established without a substantial (probably 40%+) and supportive Muslim population. If there ever is to be Islamic government in the West, it would need to be preceeded by many years of da3wa.