Sign in to follow this  
Catalyst

Ancient Ruins in Ainabo - Central Somaliland (Pyramidal structure found!!)

Catalyst   

Ancient Ruins in Ainabo - Central Somaliland

By Musa Hersi

Somalia, in the Horn of Africa, has always been remote but its inaccessibility is all the greater today after nearly two decades of warfare and anarchy. While chaos continues in the south, the northern part of the former "Somali Democratic Republic" has achieved remarkable peace and stability in recent years, established its own borders and declared its independence and statehood as the Somaliland Republic - a distinct entity from the failed state in the south. Musa Hersi, a Somali émigré living in the UK, recently had the opportunity to travel in the Somaliland Republic. He came across extensive and apparently very ancient stone ruins in the central area around Ain (marked with a cross on our map), including a number of small pyramidal structures. He reports here exclusively for grahamhancock.com.

I wish to make clear to the reader at the outset that I am neither an archaeologist, nor a writer about archaic civilisations. I am no authority on any particular science. I believe I can best describe myself as an enthusiast of and a keen reader about past human civilisations. I would therefore hope that any drawbacks detected in the lingo and concepts used in this article will be seen in that light. The same goes if my hypothesis about the existence of previously unexplored evidence in Somaliland is seen by some as, perhaps, farfetched. Whether my claims can be proved or otherwise can wait until further investigations are made

On a private visit to Somaliland in the summer of 2005, I happened to be in a remote region called Ain for a week. During that period, I came across stone mounds and ruins, clustered along a stretch of land about 15 km long and 5 wide. As the reason for my visit was local community development, I was not able to do much work in recording what I saw there. However, I was able to reconnoitre the landscape and some of the structures involved. The following is a tentative attempt to present a picture of what I saw there, and it will be divided into three subheadings; a look at the general synopsis of the three distinct ruins; the myths and beliefs of the local people surrounding these ruins; and the challenges and difficulties threatening the future existence of these sites, which may be of immense scientific importance to the country and to the wider world Keep reading...

Qudhac   

very intrested article, i remember seeing these structures around country side when i was younger, i used to be facinated by them whenever i visit my uncle, he used to tell me they are xabaallo or burrial sites for Gaallo madow the original inhabitants of the somali pinensulea.

me   

Watch out Qudac!

We the Somalis have always been the original inhabitants of Somalia.

Your ignorance is wind in the sails of the GAALO MADOW to the West of us who claim our land belongs to them.

Keeping up the myth of us being arabs or coming from somehwhere else but Somali is suicidal.

We the Somalis have always lived in this land and these burial grounds are burial grounds of Somalis.

This is OUR HISTORY do not deny it.

I have also seen these burial grounds, There are hundreds of them all across North Central Somalia.

They are the remenants of an ancient Somali culture.