Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Sheikh Shariif ”Heshiiska Dowladda iyo Ahlu-Sunna Waa Guul

^^Castro, it appears that you are measuring with the wrong specs. Given the state Somalis find themselves in today one should not busy himself assessing the quality of those at the lead for in doing so one is bound for disappointment. Instead think of these entities as a crude log rafts, improvised dugout canoes and weak yacht sails organized to carry us to a safe shores, and out of civil wars. The point is if you are looking for flagship government with highly qualified and competent men in Somalia today, you may be radical activist for justice and effective government, but pragmatist, and practical man you are not.

These ahlu sunnah group may be motivated for clannish reasons but so were Somaliland an Puntland awoowe. If they have the good sense to join the TFG, grab few ministerial posts and merge their armed men with Sharif, why would one object to it?

Castro   

^^^^ Fifteen years ago I wrongly predicted that by 2010, Somalia would be at peace, have a stable economy and be well on its way to resurrecting the nation. I am fairly certain now that another 15 years will have to go by before we see anything that resembles my first prediction.

Quality of leadership is of utmost importance at this stage. And it's precisely because of the caliber of these leaders (which you're trying to play down) that we are in this predicament. They are either short-sighted, clan-minded, ignorant, uneducated, greedy, turncoats or mad mullahs. One could probably argue these traits reflect the populations they lead.

^^You were being overly hopeful at that time awoowe.

I have said before that the Somali conflict has been brought about and prolonged by a crisis of leadership in almost all aspects of Somali life i.e. religious, politics, traditional, and intellectuals. That is why I have developed tendency not to be necessarily angry at Ethiopia for Ethiopia is doing what any serious player in a tough region would do: manipulate and keep your foes within the sphere of your influence…especially when your foes's leadership affords you that opportunity.

But current situation would not permit the type of leadership we are yearning for to emerge. It’s imperative to allow gradual progression for this conflict to die down. And that requires us to applaud those who strive to bridge the gap between Somali factions…those who prefer peace over war and further displacement of Somali population…those who appreciate the fact that Somalia is at its lowest point in its history and genuinely want to make it better.

This heshiis is a progress, and not bad news at all.

Castro   

^^^^ I hear you saaxib. Did you read this part of the article?

Underscoring the difficulties, the same day the agreement was signed a senior militia official, Sheik Hassan Qoryoley, denounced it, saying there had not been enough consultation. He objected to a section that called for integrating the group's fighters into government forces.

Señor Qoryooley will soon flex his muscles and swear to fight the kaafir TFG and the murtad Ahlul Sunna. lol.