Sign in to follow this  
unixguru

Can I eat there?

unixguru   

If I have the keys to my neighbor’s house, is it halal for my to go there and eat there food anytime I want, even with out them knowing about it?

unixguru   

sxb, am just trying to understand this aya from nuur.

24:61 It is no fault in the blind nor in one born lame, nor in one afflicted with illness, nor in yourselves, that ye should eat in your own houses, or those of your fathers, or your mothers, or your brothers, or your sisters, or your father's brothers or your father's sisters, or your mother's brothers, or your mother's sisters, or in houses of which the keys are in your possession, or in the house of a sincere friend of yours: there is no blame on you, whether ye eat in company or separately. But if ye enter houses, salute each other - a greeting of blessing and purity as from Allah. Thus does Allah make clear the signs to you: that ye may understand.

unixguru   

Well, they are back, and I didn't eat their food... thanks for your help guys on my very imporant question rolleyes.gif

hey it wasn't a total loss I did take advantage of their cable and watch their TV, I wounder if that would fall under 24:61 too... confused.gif