Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Is hijab losing it's meaning?

Modesty   

We see hijabs coming in brand names these days, like CK, and Versace and girls are actually wearing that. Why does hijab need to be brand named? We see sisters with hijab, but it seems like the only part of the hijab they got right was how to tie it up around the neck and hair.There are some sisters who wear really tight jeans with hijab, and they call that hijab. Is hijab being diluted to a mere cloth? To me, it seems like the current trend in hijab is trying to make hijab lose it's meaning of piety and taqwa.Also, sisters who wear hijab are getting over arrogant, especially when it comes to seeing another sister without hijab. No one knows where they are going in akhira, only a fool would say he is perfect.

Naden   

It's very interesting to see younger girls/women wearing their headscarves in the most colourful and some, beautiful manner. For the fashion conscious, it's nice to see how they coordinate the colours, prints and designs. For the fashion...*ahem"...challenged, it's a little frightening to see so much clashing in one outfit.

I agree with you that no one knows what will happen in Akhira.

Modesty   

However, some girls take the colorful scarves to extremes, like wearing super colorful skirts with super shiny jilbab that you can spot them from a mile away.

Yes, some sisters wear hijab really prettily

Originally posted by Modesty:

To me, it seems like the current trend in hijab is trying to make hijab lose it's meaning of piety and taqwa.Also, sisters who wear hijab are getting over arrogant, especially when it comes to seeing another sister without hijab. No one knows where they are going in akhira, only a fool would say he is perfect.

there is this Persian saying " those who live in glass house should not throw stones at other houses" .. so with that in mind, i can only say that even if those sisters are wearing hijabs 4 vanity reasons, they at least are wearing it! and inshallah one day the rest will come. Coz at the end of the day we are all weak human beings and we should pray well4 those of us that are weak ... not point their weekness out!

May Allah be easy one us, when he is judging us!!! for he has that right!

Originally posted by Modesty:

....There are some sisters who wear really tight jeans with hijab, and they call that hijab. Is hijab being diluted to a mere cloth? To me, it seems like the current trend in hijab is trying to make hijab lose it's meaning of piety and taqwa.

Tight jeans is causing a great anxiety in our muslim communities..What would happen to see your sister/daughter in a tight outfit with protruding curves for all to see... It is better if you throw all the clothes one time than mirroring your curves.

Point blank,

Know why covering of the body was commanded in the first place, Then Keep it real..Wear your Hijaab nicely.