Sign in to follow this  
Nur

An Open Letter To Brother Sheikh Godane

Nur   

Akhi Bilaal

Not so quick bro. Don't drop the ball, I am just warming up for this discussion.

You write:

You concentrate on the dangers emanating from our enemies while I contend that the greatest danger to the resistance's cause is its failure to consolidate the peace by seeking an alliance with its principal opponent - i.e. the TFG.

The greatest danger in the Somali Stalemate is the emergence of free thinking people. This poses danger to the forces who are threatening to destabilize Somalia if it does not obey the orders of the New World Order which is in the making before our eyes.

A case in point, is the destabilization of the CIA of the brief six month peace in Mogadishu.

You see Akhi Bilal, I am all for peace and negotiation, not confrontation and killings.

In negotiation, when the gap between the price being offered by the buyer is much lower than the sellers expected price, the way to narrow it is for the buyer to offer other packaged benefits that will offset the gap as an incentive that can tempt the seller to take the deal. But the paymasters are broke, they would rather deny the Somalis to live in peace on their own, so that they can offer it as a gift if they agree to sellout the nation to these foreign interests. So, peace in itself becomes a bargaining commodity on the table as well as the promise for development.

Now, the paymasters of the warlords are offering:

1. Peace and security

2. Development

The peace and security they are offering is for themselves, and it will be on their terms, not for Somalis at all, are you kidding me! since the fall of Siad Barre regime, they were funding the warlords for their bidding. In the last 20 years, the warlords have killed, raped and maimed thousands of Somalis. Have you seen any international tribunal to try the Somali warlords for crimes against humanity? No, the "International Community" believes that Somalis are not human, but the Tutsi in Rwanda and the Darfur people in Sudan are humans, who deserve to take their case to the Hague International Court of Injustice! , therefore we have a politicized international justice system, which is owned by the very people who are breaking the international human rights, like the say in Arabic, "Xaamiihaa, Xaraamiihaa", in a nutshell, the new world order says: any criminal warlord who is an asset to the US global interests, has an immunity from any prosecution for crimes against humanity, which guarantees the warlord's total submission and obedience in exchange for the dropping of their criminal cases, while at the same time, any decent Somali leader who aspires for freedom for his people and seeks sovereignty is demonized, and declared a danger to world peace, and hence requires International sanctions.

As for the Development of Somalia as an incentive for capitulation for western demands, they are simply offering to feed Somalis a small part of their own cow, they want to drill oil on Somali coasts, to employ Somali kids. The share of the Somalis of the Oil revenue will be 10% for Somalis (Inclusive of the commission to the warlords) , while a hefty 90% of the proceeds goes for the Oil companies .

In light of the above, can you help me see how worse can we get if we don't hurry to sign an alliance with the devil warlords, how can the foreign agents deflect an imminent danger?

Can You Trust The Ashahaado La Dirir?

Nur

BiLaaL   

Br. Nur

Originally posted by Nur:

In light of the above, can you help me see how worse can we get if we don't hurry to sign an alliance with the devil warlords, how can the foreign agents deflect an imminent danger?

I guess things can’t get much worse in the short term. How things might turn out in the long term is an entirely different matter. The long-term consequences of the current stalemate between the resistance and the TFG are unknown but given the events of recent history, a TFG resurgence fuelled by Western armaments is not out of the question. As you can appreciate, if this was to eventuate, our country would be open to an onslaught – with the West operating as it pleases. This is why I emphasize the need for the resistance to be strategic and take advantage of their current, strong bargaining position to reach an amicable agreement with Somali elders and Culuma as mediators.

The points you’ve raised all have merit. Any peace in Somalia will be on terms defined by the West. The only way to stop such an outcome is for there to be unity between Somalis. Frankly, Somalia’s economic resources are already being pillaged and the human rights of its inhabitants violated right at this moment. The resistance has managed to stop some of these violations but it cannot put an end to them all or enforce any kind of border protection without being part of a recognized state apparatus. It can attain this recognition (whatever your views may be about the need for such recognition) by reaching an agreement with the TFG on terms which do not violate the Shariah. The TFG has signaled its readiness to enter into a power sharing agreement on similar terms.

As someone well-versed in Islam and its history, you would be aware that entering into an agreement (as long as it terms do not run counter to what Allah has revealed) with an opponent in order to further your cause is not uncommon in Islamic history. The treaty of Hudaibiyyah is the best example. It becomes even more of a necessity when those you’re entering into an agreement with are themselves Muslims, as is the case in Somalia. AS and HI would not only be furthering their cause but at the same time ease the suffering of the displaced and ensure that the affairs of Somalia remain in the hands of Somalis.

What would you rather have? A Somalia run by Somalis (however diverse their opinions) or one controlled by foreign governments? This is the choice we face. It’s a choice which the resistance can influence; they can choose the lesser of two evils while at the same time working towards bridging the gap between it and the TFG – i.e. what form a Shariah-based government should resemble and how it would operate. Were it not for AS, I’m pretty certain HI and Sh. Aweys would have chosen to work with the TFG in order to overcome the current impasse (thereby helping to ease the humanitarian crisis) and to thwart a foreign takeover of our country.

To date, we have limited ourselves to discussing the forces opposing unity and peace in our country. Such discussions have not advanced our cause. My approach is to acknowledge and warn about the political, economic and social servitude that our enemies seek to place us under but to also work for and stress the need for internal unity as a counter-measure to their destructive plans. Unity between the various opposing groups in our country is the surest way to avoid the disastrous plans that our enemies have in store for us.

Nur   

Akhi Bilaal

You write:

"The long-term consequences of the current stalemate between the resistance and the TFG are unknown but given the events of recent history, a TFG resurgence fueled by Western armaments is not out of the question. "

Akhi, the longer the resistance can hold ground, the more enlightened many Somalis will be, the robbery will be more transparent and the criminal will not be allowed to inherit his victim. At the moment, the strength of the resistance is moral superiority, not weapons, nor support of what is known as the "international community". As long as they stay just with the people, there is no way the TFG can compete for their allegiance, the resistance has risen the justice, transparency and security bar to new heights and I am afraid, that neither the TFG nor their handlers can jump the new standards that the resistance are setting for Somalia.

You write:

"As you can appreciate, if this was to eventuate, our country would be open to an onslaught – with the West operating as it pleases."

Akhi, the West can not operate outside of Allah's plans, if we follow that logic, Jews would still live under Pharaoh.

You write:

This is why I emphasize the need for the resistance to be strategic and take advantage of their current, strong bargaining position to reach an amicable agreement with Somali elders and Culumada as mediators.

Akhi, they have done it, more elders are embracing the resistance, the most recent is the endorsement they got from many clan elders.

You write:

The TFG has signaled its readiness to enter into a power sharing agreement on similar terms.

The TFG has no weight at all, they have to go to Addis Ababa for approval. Addis Ababa has to get approval from Washington, Shouldn't the resistance negotiate directly with America, the real power behind world misery?

You write:

As someone well-versed in Islam and its history, you would be aware that entering into an agreement (as long as it terms do not run counter to what Allah has revealed) with an opponent in order to further your cause is not uncommon in Islamic history. The treaty of Hudaibiyyah is the best example. It becomes even more of a necessity when those you’re entering into an agreement with are themselves Muslims, as is the case in Somalia. AS and HI would not only be furthering their cause but at the same time ease the suffering of the displaced and ensure that the affairs of Somalia remain in the hands of Somalis.

This is a big bite, " Hudaybia treaty" has been misused out of context lately, let us analyze the analogy.

Hudaibiya Treaty Context:

a. Parties: Two Different States with Mutual Recognition of each other.

b. Leadership: Independent Leadership For each party, Sovereign (Their decision is their own.)

C. Seat Of Government: Madina for Muslims, Makkah For Kuffar

d. Purpose: Peace.

e. Main Articles:

1. Cessation of Hostilities for ten years,

2. Freedom of free citizens of each party to convert to the other religion and migrate to their respective allies to practice their beliefs.

3. Allowing non-free dissenters of one party ( Muslims) to migrate and seek asylum with the other ( Kuffar), while Dissenters of the non-free non-believers who have not secured permission from their masters, who join the Muslim camp are to be returned to the non-believers.

e. Beliefs: Distinct; Islam and Polytheism

f. Situation: Confrontation and War

Today Context as per The TFG and The Resistance:

a. Parties: Two parties who do not recognize each other.

b. Leadership: One party, ( The Resistance) has independent Leadership, the other party, ( TFG) is a Special Vehicle for Foreign Control of Somalia.

C. Seat Of Government: Kismaayo for Resistance, Mogadishu Shared by Resistance and Proxy

d. Purpose of Treaty: Peace;

1. By way of sharing Governance of the Nation

e. Beliefs: Islam for Resistance and Hypocrisy for Proxy Party

f. Situation: Confrontation and War.

Analysis

Although Peace is a common purpose in both cases, the CONTEXT is very divergent and different.

1. Hudaybiya Treaty was represented by independent voluntary leaderships. The same can not be said in Somalia today.

2. In Hudaybiya, parties possessed distinct domain of influence, no land domain dispute, same can not be said of parties in Somalia today.

3. Hudaybiya Treaty's main purpose was the protection of the Faith ( Making Umrah in Makkah) from the Muslims perspective, and for that purpose, sacrificing the right of freedom of Muslims in bondage under Qureish was the price. In contrast, today the Somali resistance are being asked to sacrifice and compromise the practice of their faith in exchange of peace.

A good parallel in line with the Hudaiybiya Treaty for today would be for the resistance forces to make a direct negotiation with the Americans, here are the terms that could be on the table:

1. Cessation of Hostilities, between Americans and the Somali Resistance, the US withdraw their navy and all forms of military presence from Somalia's Sovereign waters, air and land and pledge not to interfere in Somalia's internal affairs.

2. Resistance to pledge that they will not threaten the peace of the United States, the West and African neighbors in any way including but not limited to by becoming a hub of what the US considers to be threatening to its peace and national security. The Resistance further pledges the clean up of the Piracy scourge from Somali Coasts and the respect of the international maritime conventions.

3. Any American Citizen resistance volunteer of Somali origin who migrated to Somalia and is wanted by the US can not be extradited to US. Any Somali citizen who fled to US and wanted by the Resistance can not be extradited to Somalia.

4. Any American or Foreign national wanted by his country for any crime and in the custody of the Resistance government shall be extradited to his respective country after a hearing against him is conducted in a transparent court of Sharia Law attended by international observers.

You write:

What would you rather have? A Somalia run by Somalis (however diverse their opinions) or one controlled by foreign governments? This is the choice we face. It’s a choice which the resistance can influence; they can choose the lesser of two evils while at the same time working towards bridging the gap between it and the TFG – i.e. what form a Shariah-based government should resemble and how it would operate. Were it not for AS, I’m pretty certain HI and Sh. Aweys would have chosen to work with the TFG in order to overcome the current impasse (thereby helping to ease the humanitarian crisis) and to thwart a foreign takeover of our country.

Akhi, I find the Americans to be more rational and more just than the criminal warlords, If I have to choose who to negotiate with, I would directly negotiate with their masters, why talk to a slave? when push comes to shove, we can maintain a long and enduring peaceful civil disobedience that wears out their masters.

If Sharif never crossed the line, if the unity of the resistance was not broken, all of Somalia would have been under a unified Islamic Governance. The Islamic Courts Franchise System was catching like fire. Unfortunately, Sheikh Shareef stole the drum, but no one is dancing around it.

Nur

BiLaaL   

Br. Nur

Unfortunately, you're making unhelpful, sweeping generalizations about the state of affairs in Somalia. I think it would be fair to say that your strong opposition to the current ideological and military struggle the West is waging in Muslim lands somewhat blurs your judgment. The conditions in the Muslim countries that the West is currently engaged in differ considerably - e.g. Afghanistan and Somalia cannot be compared.

For the sake of argument, let us compare events in Afghanistan and Somalia. The resistance in Somalia have largely won their struggle whereas the one in Afghanistan (as far direct engagement with Western forces is concerned) is still ongoing. Apart from the weak AU force, the resistance in Somali have no major military battles to fight. Its real challenges now lie in the political arena.

The irony though is that the resistance in Afghanistan seem to have the wisdom to engage in political dialogue (note: directly with the Karzai gov NOT Western forces) even before they've achieved any substantial victory against Western forces - which still occupy Afghanistan; whereas the resistance in Somalia are still refusing to engage in dialogue with the TFG even though they've largely achieved their military goals. Why do you think this is? Why do you think the taliban show more profound political wisdom than the resistance in our country? Is it because they been engaged in this struggle longer and are therefore ideologically more mature? Why do the taliban find engaging in direct dialogue with the Karzai government acceptable whereas you reject the same approach in Somalia. Are you more knowledgeable than the members of the Quetta Shura council and indeed of the many Islamic scholars across the Muslim world who find no problems with such an approach. I'll let you ponder these points.

I'd like to make two quick corrections.

1. I'm not asking the resistance to engage in dialogue with Somali elders or Culuma. The resistance is in conflict with the TFG not Somali elders or Culuma. The point I was trying to make is that they need to engage in dialogue with the TFG with Somali elders and Culuma acting as mediators.

2. The references I made in relation to the treaty of Hudaibiyyah aren't meant for the purposes of drawing direct comparisons. You have a point in drawing attention to the historical context under which the treaty was established. Few people citing this treaty ever use it in a contextual manner. However, they use it mostly to point to the extraordinary patience the Muslims exercised amidst terms which were extremely difficult to bear. The point here is that contemporary Islamic movements do not exercise the same kind of patience or foresight as they ought to.

I'll address the point of whether Sharif crossing the line is enough of an excuse to avoid dialogue altogether some other time.

Nur   

Akhi Bilaal

You write:

" I think it would be fair to say that your strong opposition to the current ideological and military struggle the West is waging in Muslim lands somewhat blurs your judgment"

I would be very thankful if you can help me see better , yaa akhi al kareem, I am for one, a champion of seeing the right things, seeing them through the right frame of reference and context and for that purpose have established eNuri Opticians Inc. When a Nomad suffers from a blurred vision, a kind Nomad comes to his rescue by putting together and presenting the right information that will help make the picture clear and sharp for the Visionary afflicted Nomad.

Akhi, I have not categorically rejected negotiation for the sake of peace in Somalia, please reread my thread above, to save time and effort, my concern was who should negotiate with who:

1. The TFG with the Somali Resistance

2. The Ethiopians with the Somali Resistance

3. The African Union with the Somali Resistance

4. The United Nations with the Somali Resistance

5. The United States of America with the Somali Resistance.

My suggestion was that the root cause of Somalia woes lies squarely with the USA alone, not with any other party as America claims to have the Lions share in the interests of peace in Somalia.(As far fetched it may sound, imagine an odd alliance of Al Shabaab + Hizb Al Islami Freedom Fighters, and the US!, who can stand in their way in all of East Africa where the USA has vast interests)?. About such scenario, Allah SWT says in Holy Quraan in Surah Mumtaxnah, v 7 "Perhaps Allah will make friendship between you and those whom you hold as enemies. And Allah has power (over all things), and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful".

Isn't it therefore prudent to get the word from the Lions mouth? what benefit does the stooge TFG , Ethiopians, AU and the UN can offer Somalia that would work without the blessing of the Lion USA? Our faith is based on taking direct straight routs to where we want to go, not wishy washy winding roads that get us nowhere, when we worship, we pray to our maker alone without intermediaries, and when we settle disagreements, we settle them directly with the party that counts alone! according to the Holy Quraan's commandment : " So enter houses through their proper doors, and fear Allah that you may be successful." Al Baqara, v 189. Holy Quraan.

If this above reasoning represents a blurred vision, please show me the way, like the saying goes, don't just curse the darkness, light a candle.

Nur

Note: Information is to our judgment of the situation in Somalia, as a lens is to a blurred vision, the more reliable the information that we have an access to and the better analysis of that information, the better our judgment of the situation and hence, the better our strategy for going forward. I have to admit and warn you too from the same, that my blurred vision is probably caused by watching too much of the wrong content like

BiLaaL   

Br. Nur

I understand that you do not reject negotiation outright nor is your reasoning blurred. I think the contention lies in whether your reasoning is sensible or even in line with revealed injunctions. In my last post, I touched on how numerous Islamic scholars, including ones directly engaged in the current struggle, would not agree with your reasoning. They would argue that intransigence and struggle for the sake of struggle is not of our deen. I won't indulge too much in this area without first hearing your thoughts on matters raised in my last post.

I agree with you on the need for reliable and credible information. Its important to be aware of the manipulative and devious methods of influence employed by media moguls such as Murdoch. I think its also important not to turn ourselves into media junkies to the extent that we start to rely on such information and exclude the wisdom to be found in deen sources. One should balance the two.

One cannot begin to see the wisdom behind current events or appreciate their significance without first reflecting on our deen and c*****ng ones way through similar historical events through the eyes of the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

Murdoch may be feeding us a heap of crap and plotting nasty things but we have to ask ourselves the question: historically speaking, are the likes of Murdoch anything new? Without getting too philosophical, didn't Qarun suffer from the same covetousness, use his influence in similar ways and ultimately lead men to turn away from recognizing and worshiping their creator?

Positive   

The country and Islam are not reserved for a certain group nor do they belong to certain authority but both are things we share and have to safeguard together. The solution is to denounce fighting as means to achieve goals and instead seek consensus in a peaceful and sincere manner so that good things could come to us in more beneficial ways through the spirit of our communality.

It is an escape goat to mention foreigners when our house is divided and we are participants in torching it. First we need to own our agenda; atleast try to do that before we point fingers.

Regardless of justifications for the ongoing fighting from any part, still it is destructive and its brutality is unparallelled in the history of our nation; nothing good can come from shedding the blood of a brother.

There has always been chance to embrace peaceful solutions and even in this dark hour it is not too late.

Wiilwaal:

Inan rag wax kasta waan ku deyey. xitaa hooyadii ayaan u geeyey. Walaalow waxuu ku dhaamo in aysan jirin ayaan ogaaday!

The Awakener2

Nur   

The country and Islam are not reserved for a certain group nor do they belong to certain authority but both are things we share and have to safeguard together.

True

The solution is to denounce fighting as means to achieve goals and instead seek consensus in a peaceful and sincere manner so that good things could come to us in more beneficial ways through the spirit of our communality.

Would be nice.

It is an escape goat to mention foreigners when our house is divided and we are participants in torching it. First we need to own our agenda; at least try to do that before we point fingers.

Is it a scape goat to mention that it was the Ethiopian foreigners who have invaded the country after the liberation of the nation from the clout of war criminal Warlord Control of 16 years? and that the Ethiopians have placed a flimsy dummy TFG government as a window dressing with a massive foreign prodding to safeguard foreign interests not Somalia's. How can you ignore this fact yaa saaxibi?

If this was a football game, the analogue would be our national football team aka TFG are all bribed and bought to score the goal for the adversaries against Somalia with the full approval of the referees ( UN, AU) who are as well illegally bribed by rich game fixers US and EU to look the other way, which prompted another self appointed national Somali team to denounce this traitor team and offer to play the game with the adversaries on plain ground with fair rules of engagement. Are you asking the self appointed national team to compromise with the known team members who are receiving bribes from the opposing team to allow couple of goals scored against Somalia to please the adversaries? That would be a boring game, wouldn't it?

Nur

Nur   

Bilaal bro.

You write:

In my last post, I touched on how numerous Islamic scholars, including ones directly engaged in the current struggle, would not agree with your reasoning. They would argue that intransigence and struggle for the sake of struggle is not of our deen. I won't indulge too much in this area without first hearing your thoughts on matters raised in my last post.

Akhi, sometimes, difference of opinion can be very healthy, and if one is sincere and wears others shoes and walks a mile with them, one can have an empathy and a fresh outlook that is different than his/her previously held world view.

However, insisting on one's rights should not be viewed as intransigence, specially if one is the victim and the other side is the rapist. The more the resistance insists on Somalia's right of self determination and non interference of foreign powers in the internal affairs of Somalia, the more owners of the Somali problem are expected to appear, and the more likelier that a more just environment than the current unipolar one can be put in place for justice to be served for the victims. There is no better strategy than to bring a stunning attention to a robbery in progress and a criminal thief to an oblivious audience. That is why we teach our kids if an stranger approaches them to steal them to shout loud for passersby to come to the their aide.

Nur

Positive   

The solution is to denounce fighting as means to achieve goals and instead seek consensus in a peaceful and sincere manner so that good things could come to us in more beneficial ways through the spirit of our communality.

Would be nice

The question that begs an answer is why consensus would not be THE option?

Is it a scape goat to mention that it was the Ethiopian foreigners who have invaded the country after the liberation of the nation from the clout of war criminal Warlord Control of 16 years?

It is not a escape goat to mention that but this was yesterday!

From the present perspective the brutality of the war is adversely affecting everyone and everything. We are not in an ideal situation and alternatives to this prevalent condition is a necessity for our survival. The problem now as I see it is that each faction is fighting in order to stay in the seat of power or to come to it by force!! While each faction has foreigners under their sleeves they are pointing fingers to the others. Hence destruction of the Somali nation as entity has become a worrying concern for many of us.

One ideal way to ward off the foreigners and their influence is our common resolve to stay united by cultivating brotherhood and empathy to one another; not doing that is a recipe for nation failure. As you are well aware the Ethiopian military left due to our higher resolve and unity otherwise they would have probably stayed today. These intellectual premises as I laid them out should be intelligible yaa saaxiib.

and that the Ethiopians have placed a flimsy dummy TFG government as a window dressing with a massive foreign prodding to safeguard foreign interests not Somalia's. How can you ignore this fact yaa saaxibi?

At present the primary institution of the TFG is the Parliament which have the highest authority to affect change in the country and the majority of them are neither chosen by UN nor AU. Nevertheless only in a conducive political environment which is absent now could the parliament carryout its mandate or sway the executive branch of the government to a right direction. We need to accept the realization that there are God fearing and honest Somalis in every faction and outside of the factions. If we could only opt for consensus could honest Somalis unite across the board. As I see it we ought choose consensus as principle because then this will empower honest members in the Parliament, the other branches of the government and society as whole.

If this was a football game, the analogue would be our national football team aka TFG are all bribed and bought to score the goal for the adversaries against Somalia with the full approval of the referees ( UN, AU) who are as well illegally bribed by rich game fixers US and EU to look the other way, which prompted another self appointed national Somali team to denounce this traitor team and offer to play the game with the adversaries on plain ground with fair rules of engagement. Are you asking the self appointed national team to compromise with the known team members who are receiving bribes from the opposing team to allow couple of goals scored against Somalia to please the adversaries? That would be a boring game, wouldn't it?

As long as the warring factions persist in their present path the inn-follow of arms and money from the foreigners will continue and in consequence our people and country will suffer most. From my perspective evidently the warring factions have most to blame.

The Awakener2

Nur   

As long as the warring factions persist in their present path the inn-follow of arms and money from the foreigners will continue and in consequence our people and country will suffer most. From my perspective evidently the warring factions have most to blame.

Blame Game! Akhi, solving a complex problem requires some simple steps:

1. Problem Identification: Are we talking about the same problem? mise cadan baa laga heesayaa? if you ask two Somalis what the problem is you will get different answers, this itself is the first problem. Do we want peace in this life only at the expense of next? do we want peace on both? etc.

2. Problem analysis: Do we agree on what led to this problem in the first place? What is feeding it to this day? who are the players who have an influence and what are their motives? can all the requirements of the different opponents and their supporters be met?

3. Possible solutions: A list of criteria and options to solve the Problem. How many solution sets do we have?

4. Selection of the best option: How should we prioritize these Solutions?

Please address these questions, that may take us closer to where we all want to go, I mean Jannatul Firdows inshAllah

Nur

BiLaaL   

Originally posted by Nur:

The more the resistance insists on Somalia's right of self determination and non interference of foreign powers in the internal affairs of Somalia, the more owners of the Somali problem are expected to appear, and the more likelier that a more just environment than the current unipolar one can be put in place for justice to be served for the victims.

Br. Nur

I have nothing against the resistance being intransigent when it comes to bowing to foreign demands. But I do have a problem with their lack of interest in compromising with their fellow Somalis.

The resistance's current path is one way of ensuring that foreign powers don't get their way in Somalia. But is this the only viable strategy and how long can one sustain it? Why not adopt a twin strategy where you exercise your right to self-determination but at the same time seek to compromise with the TFG on acceptabl terms?

The compromise that I am referring to is one undertaken on a local level - between Somali parties. Your argument that the TFG is wholly controlled from outside is not an accurate one. It may be controlled in some aspects but it's not wholly subservient. An intelligent resistance would concentrate on influencing the TFG in areas where it is sovereign. One of the qualities essential to establishing Iqaamat-ud-Deen is compromise.

I think you would agree that intransigence has marked the Somali dilemma for far too long. This is a trait which has equally affected all Somali parties since the collapse of the central government in 1991.

The resistance has produced a new breed of leaders whom we all hoped would behave differently and be free of this unfortunate trait. Blaming foreigners for our inability to compromise amongst ourselves is a little dishonest and naive. Let us be honest and not

lay all of our failures at the feet of foreigners.

We've covered some ground in this thread but a few questions remain.

It is clear that Somalia is strategically too important for foreign powers to give up on. Given this fact, let us consider these questions:

1.What will it take for us to establish a central authority with an acceptable level of sovereignty?

2.What is the likelihood of this authority being established by the resistance alone as opposed to as part of a larger Somali coalition?

3.Without a united Somali coalition, what is the probability of us reaching a position where we can fully enjoy our sovereignty and protect ourselves against meddling from foreign powers?

The short answer to the last question is not very probable. In a nutshell, Somalia will not be free from foreign meddling without there being a solitary, united Somali entity. We are unlikely to reach such an outcome without first compromising amongst ourselves. In effect, we can either allow our enemies to lock us into perpetual instability and conflict (in which they stand to lose very little) or we can use our intellect, work for unity and stop

repeating our past mistakes. We simply have to find an alternative to the zero-sum game which our enemies have too often managed to draw us into.

Nur   

Bilal Bro.

A very good argument indeed, I am sure other nomads would agree with you too because they may also be looking at the problem from the same perspective.

To tackle this dilemma, let us go back in History to learn few lessons from a similar helpless, divided, oppressed people like ours. The Children of our Prophet Israel ( Yacquub), may peace be upon him.

There is no story in the holy Quraan as celebrated as the story of the children of Prophet Israel and for a good purpose, Allah SWT is teaching us that the procession of the righteous people in history is continuous and that every generation of righteous men and women will be tested as the Children of Israel were tested by Allah SWT in so many ways. This test is for our knowledge of each other, not for Allah SWT as he knows what we conceal as well as what we claim.

Allah SWT says in Surah Ankabut ( The Spider) Quraan:

2. Do people think that they will be left alone just by claiming : "We believe," and that their ( Claim) will not be tested (Verified for all to see)

3. And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are genuine, and will certainly make (it) known the fake.

So, one of the main purposes in this long dilemma is truth to surface out of the ruble of deceit and to show the true colors of those who claim to be believers in Allah, whose action loudly tells otherwise a different story altogether

Now, let us go back to visit the plight of the children of Prophet Israel and how the test unearthed so many human traits of genuine faith in Allah, Kufr, bravery, cowardice, patience, impatience, perseverance, blame-game, generosity, kindness, cruelty etc.

Narrating their story, Allah SWT tells us in Surah Acraaf how Moses tried to calm his people in the face of Pharaoh's unbearable oppression that tried to break their will and their believe in Allah.

128. Musa (Moses) said to his people: "Seek help in Allah and be patient. Verily, the earth is Allah's. He gives it as a heritage to whom He will of His devotees, and the (blessed) end is for the Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2)."

129. They said: "We (Children of Prophet Israel) had suffered troubles before you came to us, and since you have come to us." He said: "It may be that your Lord will destroy your enemy and make you successors on the earth, so that He may see how you act?"

Note: Allah made His promise true, Allah destroyed Pharaoh his soldiers, and today those who claim to be descendants of Prophet Israel are more powerful than the descendants of Goliath, the Palestinians. The irony is that today, the weak and helpless Israelites have traded places with powerful tyrants, they are the tyrants and the Goliath who are oppressing the weak Palestinians.

130. And indeed We punished the people of Fir'aun (Pharaoh) with years of drought and shortness of fruits (crops, etc.), that they might remember (take heed).

131. But whenever good came to them, they said: "Ours is this." And if evil afflicted them, they ascribed it to evil omens connected with Musa (Moses) and those with him. Be informed! Verily, their evil omens are with Allah but most of them know not.

132. They said [to Musa (Moses)]: "Whatever Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) you may bring to us, to work therewith your sorcery on us, we shall never believe in you."

133. So We sent on them: the flood, the locusts, the lice, the frogs, and the blood: (as a succession of) manifest signs, yet they remained arrogant, and they were of those people who were Mujrimun (criminals).

134. And when the punishment fell on them they said: "O Musa (Moses)! Invoke your Lord for us because of His Promise to you. If you will remove the punishment from us, we indeed shall believe in you, and we shall let the Children of Israel go with you."

135. But when We removed the punishment from them to a fixed term, which they had to reach, behold! They broke their word!

136. So We took retribution from them. We drowned them in the sea, because they belied Our Ayat (lessons, signs, etc.) and were heedless about them.

137. And We made the people who were considered weak to inherit the eastern parts of the land and the western parts thereof which We have blessed. And the fair Word of your Lord was fulfilled for the Children of Israel, because of their endurance. And We destroyed completely all the great works and buildings which Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his people erected.

Note: This point in history is partially analogous to 2006 For Somalis in Mogadishu! Unfortunately, after Allah saved Somalis from the grip of the warlord Pharaohs, some of them with short attention span would later forget all about their 16 years suffering and plight under the criminal warlords and yearn for idol worship ( DEMON-CRACY)

Read On!

138. And We brought the Children of Israel (with safety) across the sea, and they came upon a people devoted to some of their idols (in worship). They said: "O Musa (Moses)! Make for us an ilaah (a deity) as they have aliha (deities)." He said: "Verily, you are a people who know not (the Majesty and Greatness of Allah and what is obligatory upon you, i.e. to worship none but Allah Alone, the One and the Only God of all that exists)."

139. [Musa (Moses) added:] "Verily, these people will be destroyed for that which they are engaged in (idols-worship). And all that they are doing is in vain."

140. He said: "Shall I seek for you an Ilahan (a God) other than Allah, while He has Fadhalakum (chosen you as the best for your devotion to Allah) over the 'Alamin (mankind and jinns of your time)."

The above verses were revealed to teach us to make our allegiance to Allah the cornerstone and unwavering principle that we stand for in adversity as well as prosperity.

In Surah Al Baqarah the children of Isreal asked Allah to raise a great leader from among them to stand up to Goliath's tyranny so that they can fight in Allah's cause ( Jihad) to stop the evil of Jaalut (Goliath), but not all Israelites had the will power to obey Allah in abstaining from the forbidden river water in order to have the strength to stand up to Goliath, as a result, most of them drank too much of the river water (representing the love of this worldly life), but the very few remaining faithful who obeyed Allah in abstaining from drinking the water had the will power, the drive and energy to fight in Allah's cause against Goliath and to defeat him at the end. Let us read the verses.

246. Have you not thought about the group of the Children of Israel after (the time of) Musa (Moses)? When they said to a Prophet of theirs, "Appoint for us a king and we will fight in Allah's Way." He said, "Would you then refrain from fighting, if fighting was prescribed for you?" They said, "Why should we not fight in Allah's Way while we have been driven out of our homes and our children (families have been taken as captives)?" But when fighting was ordered for them, they turned away, all except a few of them. And Allah is All-Aware of the Zalimun (oppressors).

247. And their Prophet (Samuel) said to them, "Indeed Allah has appointed Talut (Saul) as a king over you." They said, "How can he be a king over us when we are better fitted than him for the kingdom, and he has not been given enough wealth." He said: "Verily, Allah has chosen him above you and has increased him abundantly in knowledge and stature. And Allah grants His Kingdom to whom He wills. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower."

248. And their Prophet (Samuel) said to them: Verily! The sign of His Kingdom is that there shall come to you At-Tabut (a wooden box), wherein is Sakinah (peace and reassurance) from your Lord and a remnant of that which Musa (Moses) and Harun (Aaron) left behind, carried by the angels. Verily, in this is a sign for you if you are indeed believers.

249. Then when Talut (Saul) set out with the army, he said: "Verily! Allah will try you by a river. So whoever drinks thereof, he is not of me, and whoever tastes it not, he is of me, except him who takes (thereof) in the hollow of his hand." Yet, they drank thereof, all, except a few of them. So when he had crossed it (the river), he and those who believed with him, they said: "We have no power this day against Jalut (Goliath) and his hosts." But those who knew with certainty that they were to meet their Lord, said: "How often a small group overcame a mighty host by Allah's Leave?" And Allah is with As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).

250. And when they advanced to meet Jalut (Goliath) and his forces, they invoked: "Our Lord! Pour forth on us patience and make us victorious over the disbelieving people."

251. So they routed them by Allah's Leave and Dawud (David) killed Jalut (Goliath), and Allah gave him [Dawud (David)] the kingdom [after the death of Talut (Saul) and Samuel] and Al­Hikmah (Prophethood), and taught him of that which He willed. And if Allah did not check one set of people by means of another, the earth would indeed be full of mischief. But Allah is full of Bounty to the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

252. These are the Verses of Allah, We recite them to you (O Muhammad ) in truth, and surely, you are one of the Messengers (of Allah).

More analysis of the verses to come soon inshAllah

To be continued..........

Nur

Positive   

Little historical background:

First for the sake of simplicity let me present this analogy:

There was a family ( society ) who had a piece of fertile land ( country ). The affairs of the family was administered by the family's father and mother ( leadership ). In time some of the children become dissatisfied with the way the parents were running the affairs of the family and conspired to overthrow their parents and replace them. The rebellious children sought sanctuary in a fiendish neighboring family and after receiving help from the host family began to attack their family; eventually the rebels succeeded not only to overthrow their parents but they killed both of them. This act ushered in a time of great pain and discord as the brothers and sisters of the family could not agree who should replace their parents ( the leadership ). In a lack of agreement the family become divided into warring groups and every group expressing different preference sought help from whoever would help their group. The family opponents found ingenious ways to solicit aid from foreign families and even invited them to wage their war for them.

Certain foreign families in their side grasped at the opportunity and eventually become handlers for some elements in the fighting family members. War has become justified by all parts and since then nothing has been done but destruction of Life and property. This is the unfortunate situation the family is now.

In light of the above analogy let me try to answer your questions.

1. Problem Identification: Are we talking about the same problem?

We are talking about the same problem but looking from two different perspectives.

mise cadan baa laga heesayaa?

qof walba qumanihiisa ayaa qoorta ugu jira

If you ask two Somalis what the problem is you will get different answers, this itself is the first problem.

There are as many interpretation of an incident as there are observers to perceive it.

Do we want peace in this life only at the expense of next? do we want peace on both? etc.

Life in the hereafter is continuation of Life herein only more enjoyable or more suffering according to merit. We want peace in this Life so we can enjoy more peace in the next.

2. Problem analysis: Do we agree on what led to this problem in the first place?

According to my analogy the current Somali affairs is the consequence of the bringing down of national leadership and subsequent eroding and undermining of national institutions through rebellion and wars from the year 1991 but also before that in fact from 1977.

What is feeding it to this day?

Many things are feeding it which I can mention locally, among other things, lack of trust and compromise between the warring factions (TFG, Al-Shabaab, Xisbul Islam, Ahlul Sunnah etc); and externally foreign actors who are exploiting the internal Somali discord and thus wish to maximize their gain. It has to be evident to us that it is when we are divided that the foreign actors would have free ride.

who are the players who have an influence and what are their motives?

The fertile land is ours and family is us. Regardless of the foreign presence and their intentions we should be capable to collective safeguard our own interests. This is not wishful thinking from my part but a necessity if we have to exist as a nation. Otherwise the prospects do not look good.

can all the requirements of the different opponents and their supporters be met?

Somali opponents have relative similar goals but they differ how to approach it. The Somalis need to cultivate trust and compromise so that they can become open for consensus. This is the best thing we can choose under the circumstances. I hope you would agree that, atleast theoretically, foreigners could not impose their requirements on us as they are doing now if we could be united and had our own clear agenda.

3. Possible solutions: A list of criteria and options to solve the Problem.

I could write a long list but for now I will simple state that the right option is Consensus!Rest could come after this first momentous step.

How many solution sets do we have?

Not many. We need to sit under acacia tree and discuss how the family could again become whole and thus reclaim its own piece of fertile land. A prefered social way of Life can best be defined and agreed when a leadership that come into power in consensus sits at the helm.

4. Selection of the best option: How should we prioritize these Solutions?

A conducive climate for discussion should be created by opposing parts first. It is only through dialog that priorities and solutions could emerge.

Akhi, Nur before you embark your probably lengthy answer would you please first address if you deem that consensus is not the option and why you think so.

Peace

The Awakener2

Positive   

Brother Nur,

I’m still waiting answer. You could expand our discussion by giving answer to the following questions?

A) What would be your answer to your four questions?

1. Problem Identification.

2. Problem analysis.

3. Possible solutions.

4. Selection of the best option.

B) In your opinion are there any religious grounds why the opposition would not pursue the path of peace by employing consensus as method of settling the differences between the Somali brothers and sisters?

Let us be reminded that our discussion is for greater audience and therefore we have to finish what we begin.

Peace.

The Awakener2