Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland vice president arrives in laascanood pics

A_Khadar   

Originally posted by Xaji_Xunjuf:

SOMALILAND: VP arrives in Las Anod as UDUB party tries to win votes in Sool

AINABA (Somalilandpress) — Vice-President Ahmed Yusuf Yassin and a high ministerial delegation have traveled to the disputed southern town of Las Anod on Monday to persuade potential voters in the Sool region.

Mr Yassin and senior ministers including the Foreign Affairs minister, minister of Defense, minister of Commerce and Industry arrived in the Sool provincial capital early Monday morning by road as the ruling UDUB party concluded it’s nationwide poll campaigns.

The delegation was warmly received by UDUB local branch leaders and large crowd of UDUB supporters. They were taken to one of the local hotels where Mr Yassin addressed his supporters. He called on the people of Sool to re-elect the ruling party and promised changes and reform in the region.

Mr Yassin was in the near by town of Ainaba on Sunday where he took part in a ribbon-cutting ceremony held for the inauguration of a new central bank branch by Somaliland Central Bank. This is the second branch in the area after Las Anod branch was inaugurated in mid-2009.

There has been shift in Somaliland politics in the past two weeks as each candidate tries to win enough votes in swing states such as Sool where many predict it will be the battleground.

Most analyst believe Sool will be a key swing state as each party already has it’s strong holds. Even though many predict, only small percentage of Sool region will cast their vote – it is worth remembering in the last presidential election the difference between the winning party and the run-up was less than 90 voters.

Two weeks ago, the Chairman of second opposition party UCID, Mr. Faisal Ali Warabe was warmly received in the town by local UCID branch officials and their supporters. However neither UDUB nor UCID has received the same reception during Kulmiye party campaign rally in the town. Las Anod could give Kulmiye slight edge over the two.

UDUB camp concluded it’s poll campaigns on Monday and today, the main opposition party will take to the streets to rally their supporters.

The elections are scheduled for June 26 which is the same day Somaliland marks it’s 50th independence anniversary.

Somalilandpress | Tuesday – June 22, 2010

Dameer is always dameero - so it ain't matter whether it's written in English or Somali, still sympathizers of S/L wrote after.. Don't try to make it legitimate news because it's written in English..

Originally posted by Thankful:

You just tell Xaji we are still waiting for him to produce the video!

You think people were born yesterday? Where you have shown dozens of video's and pics from rallies all over the triangle and very little in LA, nothing been photo-shopped, I just cant be certain that is actually LA! Also, where is Xabsaade? Let me guess, he doesnt have to be in all pics!

Anyways, it looks like I won the friendly bet with JB, because Riyaale is no where to be seen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YrLPq6WRfo&feature=player_embedded

dawasho wacan :D

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

Khadar

Adeer
, ha caytamin. Sababta oo ah nin caytamay waa nin awood-rageed ka quustey, oo dabadeedna goostay in uu
"Afka"
ku xiilbaxo...
;)

inader iska internetka dad fara badan ba ku nafisa , ileen hada laga itaal roonado , hada luqunta lugu jarro luga meer meersha :D

Thankful   

Originally posted by Xaji_Xunjuf:

quote:Originally posted by Thankful:

You just tell Xaji we are still waiting for him to produce the video!

You think people were born yesterday? Where you have shown dozens of video's and pics from rallies all over the triangle and very little in LA, nothing been photo-shopped, I just cant be certain that is actually LA! Also, where is Xabsaade? Let me guess, he doesnt have to be in all pics!

Anyways, it looks like I won the friendly bet with JB, because Riyaale is no where to be seen!

dawasho wacan
:D
What does this have to do with the title of this thread? Where is the video of the Vice-President visiting, the video that should be accompaning these pics? This video does not show him, maybe you sent the wrong link. Or maybe I am missing him in the room?

It is in the realm of possibility that he visited LA, but these pics and this video you just showed haven't proven it. The thing is this...there was extensive coverage of campaigning throughout the Burao, Hargeysa, Bebera triangle and very little else where. The large crowds seem to only come out among the dominant family!

Again, this video even makes me even more suspicious!

Thankful   

Come on Oodweyne, lets be reasonable :D , the guy puts up a video thinking we won't notice that the vice-president isn't even in it!

Anyways, hope you guys have a safe and fair election!