Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

Kenya! Somalis; is this right?

STOIC   

The Map is not quite right.The Somalis predominately live on the North Eastern part of Kenya which borders Somalia.The Eastern Part (which is to the left on your screen on this map) is predominately lived by other cushitic speaking people like the Borana and Rendille tribes. Somalis in Nothern Kenya are poor compared to the rest of Kenya.They have been victims of imbecile leaders, corrupt government and social hereditary of tribal division.Playing upon a common weakness of susceptability to easy influence the province as a whole is way behind interms of education and health.Lack of persistence for change has left the Somlis in Kenya in deep hole.The people are wonderful and God fearing, but their choices for leadership is what I lost patience with long time.Can you picture that there is no single higher education instituition in the whole province (atleast that how it was the last time I was there). It is a province where I used to wonder if its leaders have ever done any assesment of their poeple compared to the rest of the nation.I don't ever think that they have ever engaged in any undertaking of major importance project to their people.Yes there are racism against the Somalis by the rest of the Kenyans, but temporary defeat should not make the whole province a hopless one.

Though systematically discriminated, N.E.P people have only themselves to blame. Electing selfcentred,uneducated and cynical "leaders" since time memorial. Poodles of some specific political blocks in the country. Just like our Macalin dugsi who, after 20 yrs in the august house, I'm sure, can't point out any major (long-term) achievement he conferred to the masses.

Do not expect any kind of crude 'Maendeleo' to take place as long as their leaders are of the same breed.

Ps. There are two higher education institutions. Not mentioning the vocational college(Polytech). They are empowered after 2002 and offer degrees (Not sure if GSA's polytech offer such degrees).