Sign in to follow this  
Mafia_Gal

HOW CAN WE BECOME BETTER MUSLIMS?

cos all we do is the basics....and we always say insha'allah next year i'll be a better muslim what if there is NO NEXT YEAR??? :(

im serious and i want 2 become a better muslim THIS YEAR...and no going back...so help ppl!!!

Start from now, think of your priorities. Start with the basics your prayers are they done punctually, the way u take udhu(ablution), learn some new verses of the Quraan by heart.Learn a new dua per week, repeat it till u know it by heart. Smile more, start your every action with Bismillah, say Mashallah when u praise something, use Inshallah more often. Be positive and take every mistake as a new chance to correct yourself. If your with family, do more favours without being asked. The list goes one, love the key is whatever new thing you put into your life let it be continous so that it can be part of your habit -your personality. Live up to the Islamic character.

May Allah make it easy for you. It starts with wanting to make a change n making the effort then everything becomes easy. We are all learning something new everyday. So dont think of next year think of Today and NOw.

Fiamanillah

Wol

Amin, sister and dont forget the advice in the Quraan and hadith of the Prophet SAW. Read also stories of the Sahabah and characters of the early Muslimah, esp the Mothers of Islam, they are excellent role models.

As the wise man said a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Stand tall,hbe prepared(have your Quran) , put your trust in Allah and without looking back begin it. Wonderful adventures lie ahead.

salams to all... it makes me happy to see ppl who r trying to better themselves in their diin... who r eager and willing to sacrifice for the sake of Allah SWA..it should be so.don't put 'till tomorrow what u can do today right...one thing i like to share with u guys and used to strugle with.. no matter how many times u hit rock bottom... get up and walk again.. Allah SWA never gets tired of forgiving, rather he likes to forgive,, one of the tricks shaytan used to play on me was that everytime i used to make a sin and repent and do it again,, shaytan whispers to me that Allah SWA it's not going to forgive that it's no use making "tawba" and start to feel hopeless,disgust and narrowness in the chest... and then i heard about the narrations of the prophet SAW like when he said"Fear Allah wherever you are, and follow the bad deed with a good deed it erases it..." some of the scholars have said "Fear of Allah" means to "put between you and the punishment of Alla SWA a prevention or protection,, and they explained this protection to mean... doing what Allah SWA has ordered us to do and to stay away what he has told us to stay away from... i felt happy 'cause i understood the first time in my life what this word meant and i used to say it so many times b4.., the other thing i tried to do was,,surround myself with good company, Wallahi trust me, it's very important, it was the advice of our prophet but a lot of us ignore it.. and after that i learned to talk less and lesten more, ofcourse listen to good and i started to learn about the diin,, i wanted to know what Allah SWA wanted from me as an individual living on this planet.. i found out that this diin of islam was the most precious gift i could ever achieve, 'cause my salvation in this world and in the hereafter depended on it.. so i had to force myself learn arabic to understand the diin better... Wallahi u can't imagine the sweetness u find when u r understanding what u r reciting or reading and listening... what made me more happy was when i learned how to make proper "Tawba" repentance from sins.. i learned that sins are divided into two categories: big sins and small sins... For Allah SWA to forgive big sins the person has to make proper "tawba" which means has to complete the conditions of "tawba", they r four and some scholars have said five.. which are:

1. To stop the sin

2. To make a resolution not to go back

3. To regret commiting that sin

4. If it involved a property,, you have to give it back to it's owner

5. The fifth one that some scholars have added was,,it has to be done before the sun rises from the west...

This is the best part... small sins: The scholars have said after looking into the qur'an and sunnah that they will be erased by "Good deeds" i was so happy i tried to do all the good deeds u can imagine ofcourse according to the qur'an and sunnah... like being good to ur parents,keeping up with prayer,wudu, smiling at ur bro/sis face when u meet them, go visit them when they sick, give salams to ppl that u know and the ones u don't know, buy them gifts ( whenever i could) for my friends, 'cause SAW said "give one another gifts so you will love one anothr" so sharing gifts is a reason for loving one another,fasting the voluntary one,remembering of Allah SWA by saying frequently "Subhana Allah" or "Istaqfuru Allah", and so one so forth,,so basically everytime i got myself into a small sin i ran to do a good deed to get rid of it...

So bros/sis this is my humble experience and i'm still climbing,, this didn't happen to me over night, it took sometime, scholars say that the iman takes time to flourish it doesn't enter into the believers heart one time,,, Alxamdulillah still fighting shaytan,, will never leave u alone.. that is his job but u defeat him by knowledge, if Allah SWA didn't teach me this little that i know,,Allah knows where i could have been... u have to know how to defeat ur enemy.. and shaytan is our sworn enemy on top of that we can't see him which is worse than an enemy that u can see..right... but with the help of Allah SWA after proper knowledge we can defeat him...Insha Allah..

Another thing that helps me is that i try to be sincere with Allah SWA.. since i cannot hide anything from Him,, and i ask him to guide more and more...

May Allah guide us all Ameen ya rab..

You guys probably want to know what is the defintion of a big sin and small sin,, right?

well i leave that to u guys to find out and share with us,,, if no answer i will post Insha Allah..

This is not the story of a person who became muslim,,, this is a person who was born in islam,, looooool

I apologize for making it long..

wasalam..

Haseena   

Bismi Allah

Salamu Calaykum Wa Raxmatullah Wa Barakatu

One thing I would like to say to those who's trying to become better muslims including my self, is I would advise you to use your time before you get busy, and use your youth before you reach old age...

Wallahi it is not good for a believer to delay a good action for tomorrow when he/she can do it today.

You never know when your time is due, our salaf during zuhur time didn't even consider they would live when it was time for casr. When you remind your self about your own mortality and that you don't know anything about your time of death, it would really cause you to use your time and make the best of it by dedicating it to true cibaadah.

Just look at our salafs

The salaf were people who were sincere in all of their actions. If they were to eat, it was to gain energy to worship Allah. If they were to visit a friend or family member, it was to strengthen the bonds of relationship as Allah had ordered them to. If they were to joke and jest, it was to give the heart and soul some relief so that it could strive even harder.

And even if they were to debate amongst one another it would be for the sake of the truth being reached, not for the sake of putting the other down and claiming victory over them.

Just look at how they lived, their entire life was Islam and Cibaadah.

May Allah make us amongst his rightouse servants, May Allah help the muslims where ever they are /aamiin

salams to all... Haseena u totally right.. i read the story of the salaf i enjoy reading them,, these ppl are my icons, i admire them, look up to them i try to match up to them,, after all they r setting the highest examples... Wallahi i love them for the sake of Allah SWA,the most god fearing ppl that history has ever known,,, we should read their stories with comtemplation,, everytime i go through some hardship and then i compare myself to what they been through for the sake of Allah SWA,, mine becames like a piece of cake,,

wasalam..