Sign in to follow this  
Ashkiro

The world's strangest presidential election

Ashkiro   

I had no idea about this@ Would You Like To Be President of Somalia? If so, send a résumé, photo, and $2,000 to a hotel in Djibouti.

A non-Somali friend of mine sent me this article, although i am no fan of slate magazine, it's quite strange and sadly funny. thought i share it with you since everyone is talking about this so called election. Allaho Sahal.

web page

all of the things she raised were true! While somalis are endlessly occupied with a clan fixation they're on the target in succeseding in wiping the somali race off the earth. In latest face of the never ending somali conflict you have groups and individuals competing to be seen as who's the one with the right teachings of islam while everyone knows there's only one message of islam. When i use to live in somalia as a kid let alone seeing a soldier even the police never carried a gun and know we see people calling themselves sheikh and ordering the shelling of a whole city full of innocent people. A sheikh used to be someone i saw in the mosque who'd lecture me in my religion and give guidance not someone who'd condone suicide bombings and calling the innocent bystanders killings as unfortunate while we know the muslim army's in spain use to corner the christian cities and demand the immediate evacuation of the civilin population out of the city before they attacked, this was the reason why so many people converted to islam in spain at that time but also why the christian armies feared them as this humanity effectively stopped the muslim armies to attack without the enemy knowing it. This even led the enemy's to dear them even more as the muslims never made there movements secret and were prepared to die for so it didnt matter if the enemy knew my plans. Dont the people of somalia deserve this from the warring parties as this gesture of humanity was extended to people who some somalis are easily ready to call unbelievers or kufaar. Our country where new generations are being lost at the seas of gulf of aden and the mediterranian sea, and where if you'd visit any of the few functioning schools and asked students what there plans were for the future was would certainly let you know there priorities were to get to europe or north america and nothing about somalia. A country where its population is preoccupied with how to flee a brutal civil war in the south and no real economic and educational future in the north are eventually going to join a community in the west marred by the lowest educational attainments and employment figures of any other community, but also very high numbers of ill health including mental health and learning difficulties in which the latter is seriously alarming the health authorities in minnesota state by the numbers of somali children seeking support services.You have the serious risk of the somali tradition and language being lost due to the new generations of somalis totally discarding it and parents unwilling to teach these kids(the reason why am writing this in english is probably half the people in sol cant read somali) You have a neighbouring country ethiopia who's population is exploding and have a systematic policy of moving highlanders to somali populated area including the garison towns of godey,mustaxiil, qabridahare and bookh to change the ethnic makeup of those cities like dire dhabe and which jigjiga is on verge and it wont be long before the towns of somalia which is being emptied by day through the lucky guy or girl who's relatives have secured a visa or the those who flee in boats and sets out for a uncertain future is populated by those people. You have the people who'd request for foreign troops without even setting a foot in somalia(the last president) or giving negotiation a chance or those self appointed sheikhs who attacked the seat of parliament and threw all kinds of threats against ethiopia thus creating more ammunition for ethiopia to present to the international community and get a clearance for an invasion. These sheikhs rallied the somalis with banners of retaking stolen land and the endless old nationalistic songs streaming from mogadishu radios and this posturing not only lead to thousands being killed but also worsened the condition of somalis they intended to save in somali galbeed as this was the time when a high level human rights delegation was touring the region investigating abuses and hindrance of food aid and the invasion not only allowed them to throw out age agencies and declare the area as millitary zone and kill many civilians and attack onlf in a huge operation in which, when foreign gov asked the ethiopians why there was so much fighting inside the somali galbeed they would say its onlf supporting the so called the terrorists in somalia. When will the sheikh who'd vow defiantly say they would never negotiate with the tfg while ethiopians are in somalia in which his stance led to the continued killings of innocent life and later made a huge u-turn, and later became the president under an institution who's creation was derived from a constitution he vowed he would never accept and which that institution's so called legitimacy is from a clan based formula in which he said was the reason of all of somalia's problems qabiil and was finally voted in under a tainted democratic system in which not a single mp from parliament was voted in by the people and which he declared was uncompatible with islam.

One chapter was closed with abdullahi who's actions led to death and destruction and now left the scene but new one will start with shariif who the people already had a selection to taste from.

Final thought would be for those who say who are one to say the shabaabs are bad or who knows what there real intentions are then look at the signs. You had the shababs who blew up 30 somali mothers for cleaning the maka al mukarama road, you had the grandmother who was a tea lady who cared for 6 children alone whos parents had been killed in previous wars who was killed because she sold a cup to an ethiopian soldier and tfg warlords who'd killed somali civilians with ethiopian supplied guns in bay and bakool region way before the tfg was created given almost ceremonial exit. Allah swt said in the judgement day the unbelievers (jews christians and the rest) will say it was there parents and ancestors who taught them these alterations and kids and they didnt knew better. But allah swt's religion is not hidden and its message and teachings is available anyone who seeks it. So to say in judgement day that you didnt know what really was in his mind me the guy who led you wont help you.