Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Mortar attacks convulse Somali capital

N.O.R.F   

Mortar attacks convulse Somali capital

(AFP)

12 February 2007

MOGADISHU - Gunmen fired a barrage of rockets in several positions in the Somali capital, sparking artillery duels with government security forces, as guerilla-style attacks continued to intensify, witnesses said on Monday.

An AFP journalist reported heavy shelling near Villa Somalia, the residence of President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, in the south of the capital, where artillery fire illuminated the night sky.

Witnesses said gunmen fired grenades into Madina police station, triggering a gunbattle.

“I saw gunmen attacking a police station. Then fighting started and one policemen was injured,” Osmail Mohamed, a resident told AFP.

There were no immediate reports of more casualties in the Indian Ocean city as residents remained indoors fearful of getting caught by stray bullets.

The attacks, which have steadily intensified since joint Somali-Ethiopian forces ousted as Islamist movement last month, were yet another sign of spiralling instability in the country.

Dozens of people have been killed in the attacks, targeting positions held by the government and its allies.

source

Odeygii madaxweyne ku sheega Filla Soomaaliya ku qafiifay hurdo la'aan daradeeda ku dhacday iyo naf jaceyl ugu cararay Filla Soomaaliya oo waa taas Baydhabo uu iska fariistay the last three weeks. Shame on him, naf jeclaa.

Now, attacks aren't even nightly. Bright daylight ayee sheekada mareysaa.

Hoteel Kaah ayaa la duqeeye.

Hoteel Lafweyn ayaa la weeraray.

Filla Soomaaliya ayaa la rusheeye.

Filla Baydhabo oo madaafiic lagu garaacay.

Qaraxyo lagu beegsaday Garoonka Diyaaradaha.

Hoobiyaal lagu tuuray Dekedda Xamar.

Hoteel Ambasadoor oo hub lagu tuuray.

Hoteel Golobal oo rasaas lala beegsaday.

Hoobiyaal kusoo dhacay xaafadaha Shiirkole, Yaashiid, Buuloxuubeey, iwm.

Saldhiga Hawlwadaag oo la weeraray.

Saldhiga Wardhiigleey oo rasaaseeye.

Saldhiga Madiino oo weerar culus lagu qaaday.

Dad lagu qaarjiye maalin caddeey magaaladda bartamaheeda ee Suuqa Bakaaraha.

Dad lasoo dhigay meydkooda Tarbuunka.

All this happening in the past week or so. Day in, day out. Waxaan waligeed kama dhicin, even the worst days of '92, oo Xamar Caydiid iyo Cali Mahdi isku rafiye, at least those days you knew meelahee xabbada ka soconeysay, oo xaafado qaarkood nabad ayee ahayd. Now afarta gees maalinba meel ayaa qarxeyso.

Badanaa masaakiin aan waxba galabsan ayaa qaraxyadaan ku dhamaanooyo, walaahi. Only if Xabashada ku baqtin lahayeen.

Pi   

^^Maskiin, the govermnent will not leave as a result of this.

Don't you think these people should stop this hit-and-run tactics, as you said, it's the civillians who are really suffering, so why not stop the attacks?

Maybe you've bought into some of the tribalist myths and conspiracy that say that it's the TFG who is doing all these attacks. Afterall, according to the monkeys who believe this, the TFG is one tribe who is hell-bent on causing chaos in Mogadishu.

Xoogsade   

^ Well Northerner, If you support A/Y, you want everybody else to support and welcome Xabashis into their homes and embrace them like Puntland Leadership has done and embraced them. Pi and company won't accept other somalis can have different choices and refuse to accept the presence of Xabashi troops in their middle.

Watch how they insult others simply because no one but them is interested in this.

My 95-year-old father lives in Xamar, who always refuses to leave, so is my hooyo and sister and her own family, who have to take care of him.

So is my elder ayeeyo and two habaryo.

Maanta Xamar waxa ka dhacaayo ama nabadeeda ama casilooneeda lama weydiinaayo nin Xabash u alalaasaaye shaley, oo markee Xabasho duqeyneysay ku faraxsanaa, kuwaas maanta ma weydiinaayo waxa Xamar ka socdo. They will be the last to be consulted about Xamar or dano ka leh dadweynaha Xamar degan.

Xamar waligood ma daneynin, maantana crocodile tears aad noo heysiin iska yareeya. No body believes those fake tears of concerning Xamar waxa ka dhacaayo today.

Dadkaas Xamar meelaha duqeynaayo have their reasons, whatever it is. Qabiil ha ahaado, ha ahaado Xabashdiidnimo iyo diin ahaan ha ahaato.

Indeed, boqolkiiba boqolka kii Xabash keenay, oo dad Soomaaliyeed ku laayeen, waa dhaamaan.

Kuwaas qaraxyada geysanaayo wax walba ha ahaadaan laakiin boqolkiiba boqol waa dhaamaan kii Muslimka Soomaaliga ahaa ku yiri 'argagaxiso' ayaa tahay, oo Xabashna loo gacangiliye. Kii diyaaradaha miigga waa weyn Mareykanka duqeeyeen poor geeljire masaakiin ah lagu laaye, hadana yiri waa 'terrorist' waa dhaamaan, boqolkiiba boqol. Kuwaas damiir Soomaalinimo iyo Islaanimo mar horee iska soo siibeen, kuwa kuwaas la jirina inta ku jiro waaba kasii daran yihiin.

I only wished they only attacked Xabashada, a Xabash who occupies my land -- anybody who attacks him I have no problem.

Xoogsade   

Hey saxib, dhammaan reer muqdisho ilaahay ha badbaadiyo iyo qaraabadaada. My parents live in Buulo xuubeey as well. they were okay and I called them earlier although their neighbours were hurt. Hadda xaafadooda buulo xuubeey Amxaaradiiyaa xiratay, meelaha laamiga ku dhow oo dhan. Waxaa la dhahay niman soomaali ah oo lebisan dharka Amxaarada aa habeen hore hilfaha usoo laabay Xabashida. So they want to get into people's homes and seek weaponry and uniforms. They said people who executed the attack came from the area and were dressed in their dress according to their intelligence/jaajuusiin.