Blame this on UIC

Originally posted by Baashi:

[..] Where we go from here? Anyone?

Dont blame it on the sunshine

Dont blame it on the moon light

Dont blame it on the good times

Blame it on the Mullah's

NGONGE   

Now that you dealt with that one, Baashe. I think it’s time you started a thread titled ‘Blame it on the TFG’.

If you view this situation in the same way I do (which has been the case for the past month) then surely you too can see the pitfalls that face the TFG now that they’ve won this little war. Will they stay as united as they were whilst fighting the Courts? I doubt it.

Will they bring peace and order to Somalia? I double doubt it.

Will they finally manage to govern? I’m not a betting man but I’ll still wager that the TFG, as they stand today, are not capable, able or suited for government.

What next you ask! As you were, I say.

Of course, what I discount here is the Ethiopian dictates, demands and expected rewards for winning this war for the TFG. It was a war after all and, to the victor the spoils. What will the Ethiopians ask for?

Ps

Some would argue that the Courts would be back. But that’s really neither here nor there now. If the reports about the internal fighting in the capital are to be believed the emergence of the Courts should be regarded as nothing but extra fuel on an already burning fire.

It looks like the TFG have finally managed to have ownership of our dying camel. Shame they can’t defeat the vultures in their midst or those approaching from all other directions. :(

Baashi   

North, gimme till the end of the day. We'll examine the situation and see what options do we have to avoid a complete anarchy.

Caano Geel, sit down, scratch your rasta hair and gimme your take on the way forward.

Ngonge, we are on the same page so far. All eyes are on TFG. Ethiopia and its Western backers have now utilized TFG to weaken and almost get rid off the Islamists, what will become of TFG. I'm at work now and hence short in time. Tonight Insha'Allah we will put the TFG under the microscope ala qalaaya taxtal majhar.

Pujah   

Am I the only who notices that the TFG already has bone to pick with Somali Landers. With all this talk that there is nothing called land and that Somalia is Somalia and we are its government straight from the horse’s (Gedi) mouth. Trying to imprison this semi autonomous state and pretending that they can actually control Somaliland’s sea, air and land without a fight. Is this government so confident that Melez will help them conquer Hargeisa?. Are they forgetting that he (Melez) will rather see this country turn into bunch of mini states with no perceived or real threat to Ethiopia?

Let’s assume for a second that Zenawi will actually go along with that idea, where will that leave the country? Isn’t that a sure way to repeat history? Now that Kenya is talking about the possibility of recognizing SLAND will they allow Somali northerners’ to be bombed second time in 20 years. And most importantly what will be uncle sam’s reaction

Anyway, as the saying goes “maba dhalane dhowteysan ogaa” TFG is already committing first of its many blunders, surely that will have lasting affect on the horn and I am not eluding that to be positive one. I for one was hoping their first priority to be bringing law and order to the rest of the country before they face the noble idea of bringing back the secessionist.

baashi

i've scratched and having consulted a few injir, they tell me the biliqaysi times are back.

If the mule traders can see it in their infinite wisdom to forgo a round of tit-for-tat (for the populous) and actually think institutions rather than power in pockets, then they would of learnt something from the cimaamad gaduud ....

However, given past performance (our only indicator for the future) and the nature of "scratch my back, i'll send in the brigades" the ingir fear that this is unlikely. Zenawi has no incentive to leave somalia -politically at least. It is his main cash crop since the EU barwaaqo has all but dried up, and a US windfall depends forcasts of anarchy. The others will do as they are told.