Sign in to follow this  
axmed_fiqi

Maybe It's time that we see somalia as former somali republic

Hi guys. I've become philosophical these days smile.gif

I've been thinking lately, About Somalia, Our beutifull countrey. The war (If it is continuing) has going on now for 16 years!.

If You think about 16 years is a lot of time.... The war broke out, All clans fought each other during the 90-ties. The fightings forced Somalia to go its pre colonlial clan borders....

If you think about it, Somalis are a speciall people, We are the only people, The only nation that is at civil war with no fucntioning government for 16 years.....

Some intelectualls are even questioning if Somalia exists among the somalis themselves.... There is Somaliland, Puntland, And the sporadic fightings in "southern somalia"

Maybe Somalis do not want each other, Maybe our culture, Nomadism is not fit for nation building. Sadly, I have to admit, Poor african nations as Uganda, Congo, Sudan are in better position then us, They exist as a nation depsote civil war is ranging in that countrey.

Maybe It's time for the world to view somalia as "former somali republic". Just as former soviet republic, former Yuguslav republic

Some out of desparation would like to deny this, I have even heard somalis say "well things are not so bad, despite we have a civil war we have the best telicommunications some newly built photos of apartments show this.

Well, It's true in some cases that the telicomunnications has gone better.

But true cold facts show that somalia is one of the few countries in the world that is not developing, It is going down.

If this current government fails it is the last chance I think that somalia is gone, Former somali republic is the future.

This is the definatly the last chance