Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Somalia: Al Shabaab Leader 'Wounded in Blast' - Sources

Liqaye   

Garowe Online (Garowe)

Somalia: Al Shabaab Leader 'Wounded in Blast' - Sources

20 May 2009

The leader of Somalia's Al Shabaab guerrilla group was wounded during a recent accidental explosion, inside sources tell Garowe Online.

Sheikh Muktar Abdirahman "Godane," one of the founders of Al Shabaab and the group's current leader, was wounded when an explosive device "went off accidentally," the sources said.

"The explosive device was being used for training [purpose] but it went off accidentally," said a source close the secretive guerrilla group, adding that Godane was being treated at a private hospital in the northern outskirts of the capital Mogadishu.

On Sunday, an accidental explosion at a house where Al Shabaab fighters were lacing vehicles with explosives killed 17 people.

Godane recently issued an audio tape where he spoke about the anti-government insurgency being spearheaded by Al Shabaab fighters in Mogadishu and other parts of south-central Somalia.

Al Shabaab, which is considered at a terrorist organization by the U.S. government, has been attempting to overthrow the Somali interim government led by President Sheikh Sharif Ahmed, former leader of the country's Islamist movement.

President Sheikh Sharif's interim government is the 15th attempt by the international community to restore national order in Somalia.

Kashafa   

^^ Don't showcase your desperation. This has already been 'reported' two days ago by similarly desperate nomads. The report is false.

inside sources
tell Garowe Online.

Garowe Online editors are known to read SOL. They probably picked it up from one of the peacenik SOLs desperate for 'good news'.

Liqaye   

Ahem who said I was desperate all I did was post a news article that I thought would be read by SOL members. I am not on the board everyday and sometimes [The overwhelming most of the times] I miss nuggets such as these.

Is every one who does not believe in your views desperate?

Kashafa   

^^ :D . Good point. Sayfta aa gal'ka iga baxsan. I should make use of the scabbard when the sayf isn't called for.

I thought you were rejoicing in the false report of Godane's injury. Other nomads, defeated nomads, were parading this news yesterday and doraad, hence my calling this latest report desperate.

Malika   

^Ar sefta yenee adigu kuguu diciin,withdrawing it at such a speed could be dangerous.

Liqaye,Your lucky,he didnt call you a worse name. :D

V

V

[ ta' ] ;)