Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

The anti War Rally who attended?

Salam aleikum Brothers and sisters, firstly i hope this topic finds all in good health.

The question i want to ask is how many Nomads attended the sept 28 anti war rally held in london. And secondly, and more importantly i feel, wot was the outcome of it, wos it worth it?

Haashim   

Thanks shujui, i was one of hundred thousands people who took part of this demonstration. In my opinion it was very succesful demonstration.

According to SKY NEWS it was the biggest anti war demonstration ever an estimated 450.000 people took part even though the B.B.C claimed it was about 150.000 and i think the reason is clear.

Although the muslim and particullarly somali presentation was significant, most demonstraters (ca 80%) were non muslim despite the fact that the issue was 100% muslim issue (Irak and Palestine).

Anyhow i hope this message will reach to the PM of britain and he will hear the demands of around half million people in this country or he and his party will loose the next election. :D

Finally, there were many remarkable posters, including a group of americans demanding REGIME CHANGE IN TH US. and DON'T HATE ME HATE BUSH ETC,

there were also NO WAR FOR OIL, IT'S OIL STUPID, NOT IN MY NAME ETC.

But the most significant thing was the huge presence of childrens among demonstraters, almost every family took their children with them to show the warlords that the children are the victims of war in Palestine and sanctions in Iraq

LACNADI HA KU DHACDO DAALIMIINTA IYO KUWA U GARGAARABA, LAAKIIN MAXAYNU NIRAAHNAA KUWA AAMUSAN IYO KUWA MARKA XERADOODA LA GALO UUN QAYLIYA.

Thats good to here muraad, i must admit i do know fell i sense of regret @ not attending. I also think ur right about the estimation, indeed its no supprisee to find the bbc estimate so low, we no who that 'independant' organzation is sentimental to.

Inshallah in future i will be bothered enough to attend and see for myself

Actually, I was quite surprised at the amount of Somalis who attended. Especially at the number of non-dhalinyaro women who took part. Very gratifying.

I'm not sure how successful it was tho. Blair isn't remotely interested in anything his constituents say. The war-drums are getting ever louder and nothing is likely to change about the Palestinian situation.

So, was it worth it?

YES, YES and YES. It felt absolutely fabulous to see that I wasn't the only one who felt angry, frustrated, helpless and totally hopeless about the current situation.

"Bush, Bush, We know u......Ur daddy was a killer too" :D

Thats good to here Barawaaqo, i think thats probably the best thing that can be taken from this type of event, of course the princple aim of it, and othe similar events would be to try to bring pressure to bear on the authorities, and to try and show the dissent to the extent where it force a change in the policy, but lets be honest we all new that it wouldnt.

But at least u did something thats more tthan most ppl.

Indeed wot i think wos quite disappointing, and i suppose in a sense slightly diminishes our (mulsims in general) crediablilty is the fact that the vast majority of the anti war campigns where non muslims, which is gr8 to see but for some reasons or another muslims dont really join in on these type of occasions? perhaps there is a good reason for this and am ignorant to it