Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Devil's Advocate

Baashi   

I don't know if u have seen 60 minutes (A CBS 1-hour long news magazines) last Sunday, I've watched it with interest...

The second segment of the program Morley interviewed Jacques Verges, the man who will defend Saddam Hussein. What makes very interesting is he intends to call to the stand and cross-examine Rumsfield, Cheney, and other US top officials.

Check it out.

LANDER   

Jacques Verges is one old clever french man, often when he defends war-criminals he points out the inadequacies that are present in some cases concerning the acusers. His opponents are usually intellectual featherweights that like to make general statements such as "he's fascist " neverminding the fact he fought for "l'Armee de la France Libre". I don't think he honestly goes to trial to try to win a case, but rather to force a society to reflect on itself. He should have a field day with the Americans :D

Baashi – Old boy, I’ve not had the pleasure to catch 60 minutes, but read portions of the transcript in relation to this matter, and I must admit this French frog is on to something. Notice how he challenges the dominant perspective that once condemned by the US and its allies, one is presumed to be guilty, albeit the appellant might be less culpable more so than the defence barrister might argue in the legal proceedings.

Mr Frog needless to say is shrewd, far more cleverer than he’s given credit for, yet is ill-reputed at the first stroke for questioning the lynching mob ala Sharon; and unless one embraces Judo-Christian beliefs, or one subscribes to the new world order theorem courtesy of Dubya, one's views hardly matter - check the Muslim world along with developing countries with not so readily exploitable resources.

It is no more than intellectual workout for the Europeans, they be in mainland Europe or in the North America, thusly matters not whether Saddam is seemingly brought to trial or not. Saddam’s daughters and imbecile Muslims surely will have fallen for his charm coughing up million of dollars in defence, Saddam will be sent to the gallows to be made of an example, and more power will have gone to the ruling families of Caucasia.

See where I am going with this?

Perhaps one would have been tempted to make further elucidation had the gathering flock attributed minute sense of urgency to this grave matter.

Shall leave there for there day,

Until then, so long old bud,