Sign in to follow this  
wacdaraha_aduunka

Proud to be Somali

Dont know what made me to take this picture but it made me proud to be somali something that you lack inspiration of in London. The other thing is that the guard checks if you're somali citizen or not as I was not( didnt hold somali passport but am still a moryooley) and therefore had to wait but other somalis gained acces immediately. Btw the image is of the Somali Embassy in Beijing.

MOving to Beijing next month so if any SOL

ChinaAfrica_30.jpg

Most of the pictures inside the embassy are family pics but these pictures are events the embassy did in the compound and other events they participated in Beijing. I took some of the pictures for the company my dad works for so enjoy.

ChinaAfrica_1.jpg

From left to right: Dahir Mire Jibriil, Permanent Secretary, Minstry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation and Li Qiangmin Permanent Secretary, Minstry of Foreign Affairs of China.

ChinaAfrica_3.jpg

From left to right: H.E. Mustafa M. El Guelushi, Secretary of the Great Libyan Jamahiriya People's Bureau, Ambassador Beijing and Dahir Mire Jibriil

ChinaAfrica_11.jpg

Dahir mire Jibriil and Liu Jianling, General Manager Senior Engineer, Chinese Business Community

talking about how Chinese companies can rehabilitate the infrastucture they built in Somalia prior to the civil war.

ChinaAfrica_13.jpg

And we had some visitors mostly ministers and officials:

Honorable Ismael Mohamoud Hurreh,Former Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation.

SomaliaMinister3.jpg

Tonson Technologies, LLC (TTL) meeting with His Excellency Hassan Abshir Farah, Minister of the Ministry of Fisheries & Marine Resources for the Transitional Federal Government of Somali Republic

Somali_Mtg1.jpg

Left to Right: Marc Espino, President, South America Division (TTL); Catherina Tonson, CEO & Managing Director (TTL); His Excellency Hassan Abshir Farah, Minister of the Ministry of Fisheries & Marine Resources for the Transitional Federal Goverment of Somali Republic Discussing the companies clean oil technology which can recover oil from virtually any type of oil waste while cleaning the environment.

These are pictures from the 47th years of independence party in the embassy. Guests were ambassadors from UK,FRANCE,USA,GERMANY,NETHERLANDS,SWEDEN.RUSSIA,BELARUS,KAZAKSTAN,JAPAN,NORTH KOREA,INDIA,AUSTRALIA,UAE,OMAN,QATAR,KUWAIT,LIBYA,EGYPT,MOROCCO,TUNISIA,GHANA,NIGERIA,SOUTHAFRICA,ZAMBIA,KENYA,YEMEN,SYRIA,JORDAN,LEBANON,EAST TIMOR, THAILAND,MALAYSIA,DJIBOUTI,SUDAN,CHILE,ARGENTINA,BRAZIL and the Chinese Minister for Foreign Affairs.

Entertainment was in the form of Sino-African Band compilled of Chinese and African artists collaborating. They played somali music too especially amusing when a chinese artist tried to sing Ala maanta ayaanta sii wanaagsan uu ciida.

safiirkaChina_1.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpg

safiirkaChina_2.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpgsafiirkaChina_3.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpgsafiirkaChina_4.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpgsafiirkaChina_5.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpgsafiirkaChina_6.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpgsafiirkaChina_24.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpgsafiirkaChina_25.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpg

This girl from the Foreign Ministry took her own initiative and came dressed with our trditional clother.. Dont ask me where she got them from but probably in china they manufacture them as anything else.

safiirkaChina_15.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpgsafiirkaChina_16.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpg

safiirkaChina_18.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpg

safiirkaChina_19.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpgsafiirkaChina_20.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpgsafiirkaChina_21.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpgsafiirkaChina_22.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpgsafiirkaChina_23.JPG-for-web-NORMAL.jpg

For the time being ,,, one should be shameful being Somali.

I don't see why people are happy to see a house in China while the capital is burning and people are masacared .......

I loved the 47th independence day celebration.

That house in China represents the fact that the Somali nation is still one and recognised by the world. We are going through a difficult time, so did the Chinese before us and many other world powers.

I never lost pride to be Somali, but I have felt that we lost many an opportunity throughout my life.

Juje   

Originally posted by General Duke:

I loved the 47th independence day celebration.

I never lost pride to be Somali, but I have felt that we lost many an opportunity throughout my life.

How can you be proud of something u have never been sxb, Somali?