Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Without Yusuf there is no TFG, no governance and back to guns

To all those celebrating, lads one thing is for sure, there will not be a vote were 2/3 of the parliament will impeach the President.

There might be a sham vote that will then be presented as an impeachment, which will be rejected by most parliamentarians and the president and also the base.

The enemies of the state are desperate; their only moves are the hand ringed sessions, without debate or due process. If this is carried out, then no problem the base will not fret nor worry and we will calibrate our moves to protect our interest.

In fact one welcomes this type of jugular politics, for the fact remains the old man is armed and has his regional base to spend his retirement.

What will become of those who chose a few dollars over their nation and the man who brought them to power?

Without Yusuf, there will no TFG, and no singular individual to keep the glue of government together.

But again that’s one scenario, the other is we complete the 5 year term and then a new president inherits the institutions of the TFG and the base.

Its clear our enemies are the NGO’s in Nairobi and they may win and continue their comfortable existence in Nairobi. The Somali’s are tools who will end up as irrelevant as Nur cade, Adan Madobe were before they ever met Yusuf, Yey.

Gabbal   

120 members put forward the impeachment motion.

180 is about 2/3.

That means around 50 more parliamentarians, persumably those sitting around Nairobi, needed to impeach Abdullahi Yusuf.

Ethiopia can get that vote in heart beat in the same it paved for Abdullahi Yusuf's naming as president.

Duke let's not kid ourselves or blind ourselves to the control Ethiopia has over that "parliament". smile.gif

^^^NGOOGNE, I dont much think of the past I am looking to the future. Yusuf time is ending not because of this nonsence, which he has been able to survive for 40 years. But the fact that he is old and sick. Now this type of news is important to wake up the base.

Yusuf has been our leader for a generation now, we need to think beyond him and the transition.

Its to priorities and calibrate our thinking and our interests with regards to the centre.

The base needs to rethink its interest post a Yusuf era and TFG.

Horn adeer, there will be no way they will get a 2/3 majority and even this figure of 120 is as accurate as the hand count of Adan Madobe these past days. Its garbage.

The rush of the event and all this hype shows the Ethiopian weakness.

We will fight this, not by the bullets for our lads are not like Hiiraales militia, or Al Kebaab and are worth in our eyes much more than nonsence like this.

But we shall fight and overcome this, as we have other days.

Its smells like a bad fraud and thats nothing to worry about adeer.

If Yusuf was to lose power legally I would worry. :D

Emperor   

It's true, Yusuf Yey is the TFG, even if he willingly resigns today and takes his forces back to Garowe, that alone will spell the end of TFG.

^^^These clowns think that everything will be undone. A more hawkish line will be created and infact it might strengthen Puntland's security and future.

Our internal rivals are broken and bloody and this vacume will leave many problems, like before the President came.

How many warlords were there, how many militias?

Anyhow the game is being played, but the base is not a single individual who will run to the jungles.

Yusuf has destroyed many myths and took this to a level none dremed of in 2004.

^^^Adeer I and others have been planning for the eventual end of the man since 2000, because of his age and sickness.

I am highlightng here that the game will continue and a whole new generation is coming to grab the mantle.

All you are doing is hoping Abdiqasin, or Ahmed AbdiSalaan or some other dude from Guriclee is elected and gives you something.

I want to take whats mine adeer, and not beg people.

^thats fine and dandy dear.

Let us all be honest with ourselves, shall we?

1) Accountability

2) Accountability

3) Accountability

This is much bigger than just replacing the pm..

The world is watching him, this is A.Yusuf's time to make the most of the spotlight he finds himself in.

By that, I mean, he needs to salvage some legacy, if possible. He needs to be remembered for something beside the man who invited the "so called" enemy of somalia into our soil.(I'm still not convinced axmaaro are the real enemies of somalia)

What I expect from the president and most would agree is for him to take responsibility, in doing so, I would like to see him do the decent thing and actually step aside, recommend a candidate of his choosing to parliament and let them vote on it before he graciously exists out.

This problem that we find ourselves in isn't going to go away by simply naming another candidate for pm, this doesn't cut it.(we went through this before)

Fellaz, I know you know that what is happening today and what has happened the last two days isn't going to go away simply because A.Yusuf does not want to face the reality on the ground.

Most importantly, I know the real enemies of somalia are watching and celebrating as we speak. Somalia is its own worst enemey and most in this forum know that to be self-evident.

That said, beating Dukey in the head with a cane isn't going to change anything. Let us come together and find a way out of this mess.

PS:Emperor, it does not have to be all or nothing. A.Yusuf can leave without having to dissolve parliament. This government can still exist if the man had a real solution. Remember, Cade and GEedi didn't get to become PM on their own, Yusuf had a hand in picking them, therefore if they were unfit, it also means the person who made the selection is unfit.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Adeer I and others have been planning for the eventual end of the man since 2000, because of his age and sickness.

I am highlightng here that the game will continue and a whole new generation is coming to grab the mantle.

All you are doing is hoping Abdiqasin, or Ahmed AbdiSalaan or some other dude from Guriclee is elected and gives you something.

I want to take whats mine adeer, and not beg people.

Duke when I said you, I did not mean you and your clan.

It meant you, as an individual, and your support to Abdullahi Yusuf, as an individual. smile.gif

As for your general comment, Somali waxay tiri far iyo meel bugtaa is og. I never addressed what Abdullahi Yusuf's fall, as an individual, bodes for your clan nor what their immediate future would look like. There was no need for you to respond in that fashion. ;)

Duke

I think it's time to abandon ship, the oday has been outplayed by the souther politicians and now they seem to have the support of everyone. You win some you loose some as they say.

Layzie-G. I welcome your comments and lest be honest the failure of this whole thing is as much the old mans as anyone else.

Now aside from the mask one wears in SOL, the truth is I have been thinking about these things for more than a decade and things need to change, in real terms and we need to build our bases without violence and fearing others.

Thats why I agree with federalisam, no other system can work, secessionists are silly and centralist just as bad at this moment.

As for this move, it is all or nothing and Yusuf will not resign because Ethiopia wants him to.

My own point is, let the old man finish his term and then thats it

His health and age should rule him out and we need to pick a leader who belives in the Federal charter and will build up the national insititutions.

Do you expect these silly fake Islamist to do anything

Or these greedy NGO, types?

No Yusuf for all his shortcomings is a nationalist who wants a Somalia for all.

The rest just react to him and have no ideas beyond hate.

Puntland can not be touched, so whats the point of all this fuss?