Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

How to generate a genuine National Discourse ..

How to generate a genuine National Discourse that may lead to a real reconciliation

A remarkable reflection of a different perspective, I thought. Not gone as far as would have been expected, and indeed not as cavernous as the anomalous Somali crisis would demand in exploring its roots and nature, but a clear demonstration along with a superb grasp of a peculiar subject matter.

Interestingly the author seems to be of the mindset that once conversant in contemporary politics and social studies, one would be equipped to deal a better hand in surfacing probable tenacious resolve. Or is it?

Excellent point -

".... They never talk about how to seek legitimacy of the new fledgling government they will create. They usually fail to discuss what obstacles and dangers the would-be government may face. They never lay out their economical, political, social, and educational plans. Completely absent from their conferences is any serious discussion regarding how they can reinvent a totally broken society. Most of these conference participants are not nation builders. Most of the time in these conferences is spent on simplistic and very shallow issues"

Is the author contradicting himself in these lines:

“…. These uncompromising and ever feuding warlords are not in a position to talk about unity. They first need to unify their violent enclaves and fiefdoms before they charge anybody of being anti-Somali unity. Their claim of Somali unity is a hogwash and empty. I am not a fan of any of the existing entities at this point, but I would like to respond to these baseless pronouncements of the warlords”

And

“… the international community should stop keep on picking up the tab of unproductive and fruitless Mafia style conferences. I can’t even call it a conference. Where on earth have you ever seen a conference going on for over a year with no outcome at all? It is time for the UN and the international community to stop these useless conferences and start focusing on the relatively peaceful regions of Somaliland and Puntland and any other peaceful region”

Is the author arguing that peace negotiations should be quick and effective at the same time? If so, could it be?

“…. where on earth have you ever seen a conference going on for over a year with no outcome at all?”

Am certain it shall make a good read for some whilst expectedly perhaps irritating some to the chemist.

There you have it,

Cheers.

Sophist   

Samurai, the author seems to allow his sentiment to drive him to the abyss of analysis paralysis--- then again perhaps the subject can not be dealt without emotion.

But I must say I do agree with his portriat of the war barons. They are mindless gits. Waxaan mar marka qaarkood is iraahdaa, qoom kasta hogaamiye uqalma ayuu Rabbi siiyaa.

Aloow noo gargaar.

Nabad