Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Iftaar time with Brother Nur

Nur   

Salaams Nomads

First of all, I want to express that I love you all in Allah, that love accomodates those who have a grudge or two against me for my views, I pray that Allah SWT cleansens our intentions so they are as pure as snow flakes on pine trees in January.

Its Ramadan, and most of us are busy with Ibadah at night and work in the day, which takes a lotta energy but aids the soul and the imagination.

I want you to join me here at this imaginitive tea shop, where we can discuss diverse topics, which at first I wanted to write complete article, but due to the scarcity of available time, I opted to treat as a Ramadan tea time chat, kinda laid back.

My problem is mainly time, but alhamdulillah, like asteroids, i get bombarded with ideas to write about, for example last Ramadan I posted ten topics, but i have only delivered three, my score says it all 3 out of 10 is no good, so, this time, I think up until i get the time, I should become an initiator of the topic, then sit back and observe how Nomads cook the idea.

Questions of the day:

1. What makes our iimaan weak? hint, please read Tawbah 75-77 and share your thoughts.

2. Brothers and Sisters busy in the Dawa work are all seeking Allahs pleasure, but not all of their efforts are accepted, why? Hint, please read the story of Habil and Qabil in Quraan, draw a parallel and come to a conclusion, do you have a remedy to the enmity of Adaawah and baghdaa between brothers and sisters in faith?

3. Rabbi Ka Cabso, iyo Rag Iska Celi, Isku Meel Ma Gasho ( Somali Proverb) , Is Violence an answer to solving problems? how can one play by the rules when everyone else seems to be cheating? they say, if its is good enough to have it, its good enough to cheat for, so, how can a Muslim who abides by Allahs rules, play ball with a Machiavellian world in which lies and deception are the norm, framing the innocent is a mean, and changing public opinion is the goal? your thoughts are apprecciated after iftaar of course, to be precise, after the first course, the bur and Sambuusi.

Nur

2005 e-Nuri Tea Time Chats

Quiet Times With Family ( Nomads)

Muhammad   

Nur, good to have you back bro..

Hordac: instead of the Tea, I'll have some roasted bunn beans, Fadlan!

first question; hmm... I have the image of a phone loosing its signal as it moves farther away from it's base station.

the second question; hmm... greed and evy? I have the horrible image of a snake swallowing it's tail!

third question; hmm... what goes around comes around, maybe we should master the gentle art of Judo?

contemplate further, I will! Insha'Allah

fi'amanillah

Nur   

Mohammad bro

Easy bro, your questions are so thought provocative, let me try them :

first question; hmm... I have the image of a phone loosing its signal as it moves farther away from it's base station.

Answer:

Base station is the Masjid, connected to Allah, the more we drift away from masjid or salaat, the weaker the iimaan signal gets and fades when Nomads migrate to Wichita and beyound.

The Anti Islamic media is the snake, its eating its own tail by dessiminating false info, as many people discover islam by curiosity to expose the media lies.

I prefer Aikido to Judo, at this stage, what we need to learn is how to fall safely without getting hurt, how to obsorb blows without losing our teeth, to get going , going and going like the Energizer batteries bunny, this principle is called Sabr in islam.

Nur

Kashafa   

What makes our iimaan weak? hint,
please read Tawbah 75-77
and share your thoughts

Heart-wrenching ayahs, runtii. How many times do we ask Allah of his bounty, promising in return to do good, to become pious, to follow the rightoues path. How often do we fulfil our end of the bargain ?

Breaking one's word is always reprenhensible, but is especially henious when the other party is Allah(SWT).

Then what ? " Fa acqabahum nifaaqan fii quloobihim ilaa youmi yalqawnahu bimaa akhlafu allaha ma wacaduuhu wa bimaa kaanu yakthiboon" Hypocrisy in your heart untill the Day of Judgement ?? I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly but it's beyond weakening of Imaan. These are some serious ramifications because you a) lied to God b) broke your promise c) turned away from his message

Muhammad   

Nur,

yes, The Masjid, which represents the Islamic Community, Khilafah, is the base station, the phone is the Muslim, and the Signal and Battery are the Imaan, Salaah is the charger.

Now if You want to have 5 bars in your signal, you have to stay inside or close to the Masjid, and to fully charge your battery it is better if you do it also inside the base station.

now Imagine if one neglects to charge his battery and it dies?

this can happen mostly for one reason, he must be too far away from the base station, somewere in Wichita maybe and lost his signal, if he had stayed close to the base station, he would have heard the Alarm(adaan) advicing him to Come and Charge your Battery(Haya Ala Salaah).

hmm... now the question is what took him too far away from the base station to Kansas?

as for the last two, they seem to both share a parallel - Aikido, swallowing their own tails, or better yet, drowning in their sweats.

and yes, we need Sabr for that! a Muslim's body can endure enslavement, but His Aqli is always free! Sabr and Time are his trusted allies!

Nur   

Kashaafa Bro.

Indeed these verses go far beyound the weakening of the iimaan, they predict that iimaan could be lost and Nifaaq ( Hypocracy) can be be permanently stamped on our hearts if we willingly disobey Allah or if we renege from a promise we made to Allah SWT when we were crossing the Kenyan border on foot braving the jungles, and its dangers and supplicating to Allah that if Allah saved our souls that we would be hear and obey, but as soon Allah saved us and provided safe refuge for us in Melbourne or Helsinki, we forget all about past promises and ignore Allah at will, no wonder so many Nomads are finding themselves to have lost the luster of iimaan.

Mohammad bro.

That was a some good roasted bunn beans! I am sure Nomads are still hungry for this stuff please share some more, just when I wanted to take more, the disg was empty.

Nur

Muhammad   

Salaams,

about breaking the promise, can someone tell me if this is true, I think i read that when our father Adam(as) was created, all of the Ruh's of his progony were taken from his back, collected together and asked, who is your Rabb? and they all said Allah(swt)?

bro Nur, others, please clarify this, JZK!

Nur   

Mohammad bro.

The great promise was the promise we children of Adam had collectively given to Allah before being born, we were souls at that time, and Allah has taken all of Adams progeny on a single ground and asked them to confirm " Am I Not Your Lord?" we all said yes, that promise is the single material witness on all of humans that they are not allowed to take others beside their creator as a soverign they give unquestionable authority over their lives. Allah further says that He took this auth from us so that some people may not say as an excuse that they didnt know any better, as they have followed their lost folk.

The gist: Tawhiid is an imbedded trait in humans like migration is imbedded in Salmon. So, committing shirk even when there is no trace of a devine message, out of ignorance is not excusable.

It is possuble that an eskimo makes to paradise while some Somali Nomads dont, why? because the Eskimo fisherman who hasa never heard of any devine revelation has never corrupted his innate tawheed of Allah, he worships none but Allah, but in his own way and its acceptable to Allah.

Nur

Muhammad   

Nur, Jazakallah Khair bro.

I believe I read that in Ibn Kathir's book, The Story of the Prophets.

so if we continue on this journey, then Tawxiid is Allah's signature in All of His Creation, not just in Humans, but from plants to animals, planets to galaxies.

so planet Earth is Muslim, the Moon, the Sun, the milky way, the constellation andromeda and so on.

takes his roasted bunn, sajayad and tusbah to the ardaa, sits cross legged and gazes into the heavens

S.O.S   

Dear brothers,

I’ve been invited to this particular restaurant (if you wish to examine my invitation papers, we can take care of it), so may I join your table?

As I was entering this inclusive restaurant, so far awarded with 99 Michelin stars, my eye caught the rules and regulation terms stated at the door.

It showed the menu list of tonight and the two prior courses before this last main one we’re having now (95:1, 2 & 3)

It stated that we are seated at the best and highest available seats, but if we order outside the given menu, we will be thrown out of this top of the world restaurant and be reduced to eat from the garbage! (95:4 & 5)

So the only ones allowed to remain in the restaurant are those who order their meals within the given menu list, who will enjoy what they eat with a never disappearing taste (95:6)

Unfortunately, I was too hungry to finish reading all the terms and conditions explaining the rules of engagements, such as section (5:35) with regards to:

1) How to be inside the restaurant

2) How to behave inside the restaurant

3) How to call and order your meal

4) How to wait for your order and remain there

5) How to eat and enjoy from the benefits

Therefore, in our "Frei will ich sein im Denken und im Dichten" mentality hides the danger of expulsion from this privileged position!

P.S. Brother Mohammed, why do you sit in the ardaa cross-legged or in awkward kadaloobsi position when you can enjoy your bunn in the restaurant? And brother Nur, no qooraansi in the digsi please smile.gif

Nur   

Shams bro

I need to look up tghe Quraan and come back, but till then, the digsi is making me salivate for tatsy food, although I am not fond of Swiss German cuisine.

Nur

Muhammad   

Salams Shamsuddin & Nuruddin,

Brother Mohammed, why do you sit in the ardaa cross-legged or in awkward kadaloobsi position when you can enjoy your bunn in the restaurant?

Akhi, it was the section listing the costumers of The Owner (17:44) that impelled me to gaze for a moment.

Salaxuddin

S.O.S   

the digsi is making me salivate for tatsy food, although I am not fond of Swiss German cuisine

Brother Nur,

No worries the Swiss-German cuisine has no place and probably will never come close to our soul-food on the table. Now the problem with looking in the digsi is the fact that the more you eat soul-food, the hungrier you get for more, and as your brother, I don’t want to see others mistaking you for qorqode (often the starving ones).

Akhi, it was the section listing the costumers of The Owner (17:44) that impelled me to gaze for a moment

Brother Muhammad,

Oh yeah! The exclusive tables on some of the top floors, I read that too and I figured if I eat as much as possible, I might be able to catch a glace at some of them from distance! Some say because of this never ending meal, the gazing mostly takes place between the bites, so please be seated.

Did you read the initial guarantee in section (9:115) of the rules and regulations pardoning us from becoming persona non-grada before the ingredients are fully made clear to us? A manager did come however (and how customer friendly was he (9:128)), he showed us detailed lists explaining the sections (10:1) and (10:9), I’m sure you guys were very impressed with him too! But does it mean that our initial immunity is now lifted?

Nur   

Shams bro.

You write:

Did you read the initial guarantee in section (9:115) of the rules and regulations pardoning us from becoming persona non-grada before the ingredients are fully made clear to us? A manager did come however (and how customer friendly was he (9:128)), he showed us detailed lists explaining the sections (10:1) and (10:9), I’m sure you guys were very impressed with him too! But does it mean that our initial immunity is now lifted?

The 9:115 caught my attention, couldnt even go past it, here is some good food that goes with that Digs (41: 14-18) pay special attention to three groups mentioned here, the Super, the good , the bad and the really ugly, but they are not in sequence, its starts with the ugly, followed by the bad, and ends with the good.

Nur

Muhammad   

But does it mean that our initial immunity is now lifted?

an interesting question, indeed frighting too.

since the Manager came(62:2), after the Dua of an earlier Manager was accepted (2:129) it seems that it is up to us, in which of those sections that bro Nur mentioned, we will end up in(33:72).

let us find sollace in the Menu that the Manager brought to us from the Beloved Owner, it is our medicine (17:82), and our guide (5:16).

a reminder: Insha'Allah after we finish our Iftaar at the Sojourner's Cafe, when it is our time to sign the Guestbook, I pray that we all sign in the Ciliyiin (83:18-21) and not the Sijiin (83:7-9).

Amiin!