Sign in to follow this  
me

The SNM was beaten

me   

^Well I heard the wells are already dug and sealed, teh equipment is there they only need to start pumping and there are still guards hired by Conoco guarding them and that no one dares touching them, even the SNM didn't dare intervere with the works of Conoco.

But Laas Caanood is not the only place, although the most promising sites are in the area of Laas Caanood, there are other sites in Awdal and other places in Somalia.

me   

Here is the link, there is some interesting stuff in it.

http://www.cod.edu/people/faculty/yearman/somalia.htm

...........Chevron Oil has begun exploratory drilling at the first of two sites in northern Somalia...Another Chevron employee, a Somali-born US citizen...believes the [somali National Movement] has taken a firm descision not [repeat] not to harass the oil operation in any way. The SNM believes the oil (which Somalis and Djiboutians apparently are convinces is present in major quantities) should be exploited for the benefit of the Somali people, particularly in the north. From a technical standpoint, that can only take place in the 1990's, when Siad Barre - and presumably his government - is gone..........

RedSea   

Horn,

You have already been given the answer. Some people tell me that Somaliland is nothing but desert hell hole and that if they secede from the rest of Somalia, they have zero chance of surviving.

Little do they know the rich natural gas that we are sitting on top of . Take some of the middle Eastern countries as example, they are at extodiranary level today, because of oil.

What does the South have? you are merely sitting on Galay (corn) and Banana. That is basically what we will "miss" the most, even given a money I am sure those farmers down Shabeele river would compete getting involved with business oppurtunity with oil rich Somaliland. :D

Mr. me,

Thanks for the info very informative.

Btw...you wanted me to say you had a point, aaaah, it's kinda a hard really. It was more like calaacal. However how bout me, you said it in private messege if you can recall. ;)

me   

Badacase,

Your comment on the 'South' sitting on corn and banana's was funny, but little do you know, even this 'South' has oil, most of it offshore in the indian ocean, uranium and many other valuable minerals. So if the Somali people learn to get allong then we may get a prosporous nation.

The secessionist project is doomed to fail because even this 'oil' that they dream of is mostly in areas that are pro unionist. Taa bal ka tali :D

RedSea   

mr. me,

the state of Awdal,which you pointed that it has oil is pro Seccesion, you should have just seen the welcoming that Ina Warabe got, and how they demostrated when Geedi said that Somaliland was of Somalia.

Secondly, it's nonsense, if Las Anod area has oil, so will Togdheer. The land is merely of the same climate, I am sure there is oil, from Saaxil area and throughout Togdheer. Thus far the area that those American companies have looked is the area, which you may think has oil, but Iam sure given more research, the whole area is rich with oil.

Third, speaking of valuable minerals saaxib. Boy o boy, you should have seen it the area around Berbera, aside from cement mountains, that area is filled with all sorts of chimpney stones, and other valuable treasure.

There is nothing that Southern has that we don't have other than maybe that we lack quantity of Banana and galay. loooool.

ps. getting along starts with respecting with others needs, if you want to get respect you must respect others. And stay clean of which that will cause them to not respect you. ;)