Sign in to follow this  
finestsista2005

Someone who is thinking about converting to muslim....needs your help

Hi,I have a friend who is Christian who would like to learn about our wonderful religion Islam.

He wil be reading the posts and would appriciate any advice you might give.

The Letter he wrote:

Dear Friends,

I am friends with a wonderful young woman who is Muslim and I feel that our relationship is growing stronger as time passes. I feel that perhaps one day if all goes well we would have the potential to get married. I’ve been

told that a Muslim can only marry a Muslim and therefore if we were to get married I would need to convert.

I come from a Christian (United) home, have been confirmed, and attend church with my family each Sunday in the summer when I return home from

university.

I have a deep respect for all religions, and am comfortable speaking about converting, but as you can understand changing religions is a big

decision and I am somewhat hesitant.I would like to ask you if you have any guidance for us. Perhaps you know of other people that have been in our situation.

Thanks for listening and helping us,

Dear Christian,

The legal rulings regarding the inter-marriage between muslims and non-muslims is very clear in Islam.

Please read this link : Christian-Muslim Marriage

I can understand your hesitations to convert to Islam. I'd encourage you to read more about Islam and talk to knowledgable muslims as much as you can. Also, Islam sets limits between muslim men and women who are not married:

What is the proper gender-interaction in Islam?

Hope that helps, feel free to ask more questions!

S.O.S   

Your friend should try reading the book "BEARING TRUE WITNESS" (2nd edition), by Dr. Laurence B. Brown, MD, who's a revert to Islam himself, and whose books will offer some valuable insights in one's direction of life after accepting Islam. After all, your friend can do good by first forgetting his (girl) friends, and focus all of his attentions on Allah, His Messenger and Islam (he'll understand what I mean by that ones he reads the book).

You can browse the book by visiting this link <<<<<

May Allah guide your friend

Dear freind,

Your wish to convert to Islam,marry the lady off, stay happy and be a muslim is great, You are Welcome, Feel Free to Click Here...

Good Wish.

Still, please know that, which is the Muslim's Holy Book has an established authority that we get enough information from.

AN ENCYCLOPEDIA ON ISLAM Islam In depth

A more bigger Encyclopedia..explanatory

ISLAM AGAINST TERRORISM

Click here

ISLAM AGAINST MISTREATMENT OF WOMEN

Get The Truth About Women In Islam....(A Long Blog)

&

What The Quraan says about Mothers and Women, The Holy Quraan on Mothers and Women

MISCONCEPTION against ISLAM, Read here to know What others are saying about Islam

STUDY ISLAM, Click here to know more about Islam

&

The modern Religion Called Islam

&

You are Welcome...............Many Muslim Sites

I suggest you should get your copy of the book:

"A mighty collision of two worlds"

before you embark on this project.

The book is a case study of a mixed marriage and should open your eyes to the perils of such a union.

I do not want to discourage you, but since you asked for advice this is the best I can give you...it isn't as easy as you think...

Please take a break from the relationship and start reading the book, both of you. But whatever you do don't convert to Islam just to get married.

Click here to check out the book

Baluug   

Masha Allah, lots of links in here that will definitely help insha Allah.....

Dear Christian,

Almost 5 years ago, I was in your exact predicament. I found a beautiful Somali woman that I wanted to get to know better, but I was also not Muslim. I was keen on learning about Islam, for the sake of marrying her. I wasn't a Christian like you, but that really doesn't matter. What matters is that you need solid scientific proof that Muhammad was truly a messenger of God, and not a false prophet at all. I found it on this website.....

islam-guide.com

In Chaper 1, you see that the website looks into 7 different verses of the Qur'an(which was recited by Muhammad, an illiterate man, 1400 years ago, don't forget). These verses deal with things such as mountains and how they are shaped, the front of the head("naseyah") and how it is responsible for decision-making, clouds, the oceans and rivers, embryonic development, and the origin of the universe.

The way that the Qur'an explains these issues intrigued me, as the verses were revealed a very long time ago, yet were so accurate, that scientists have proven them to be completely true in recent years. There is even a page with testimonials from scientists who, although they are not Muslim as far as I know, confirm this.

I asked myself, how could anyone in the 7th century go into such detail about these topics, let alone a camel driver with no formal education at all? Even the most learned scholars of that time couldn't know these things. The answer? Simple. He got this knowledge from none other than God Himself.

As well, on this website you will see how the Bible predicts the coming of Muhammad, in Chapter 3 of the website(by the way, this website is available in book form). I'm sure you know the verses in Deuteronomy Chapter 18 in which Moses is told of a prophet in the future who will be like Moses. Most people believe that the prophet that is mentioned is actually Jesus(peace be upon him. While Muslims do not believe Jesus to be the son of God, we do believe that he was a prophet who was sent with the message of God, and that his followers were the ones who falsely claimed he was the son of God). But this website will explain why we believe Muhammad was the prophet mentioned in Deuteronomy 18.

In conclusion, this website, and its contents, were what convinced me that Muhammad(peace be upon him), was a true messenger of God, and that he was not a liar at all, and I believe this will definitely help you in your search for the truth.

Sincerely, Ian Hunt AKA Liban

Asalamu Aleykum,

My friend would like to thank all the people who showed support and posted valuable Islam website for him to get information about the religion.

Another good news is, he will be going to the Masjid Insh Allah on friday, for the prayer and talk to the Imam, to gain more knowledge. He stil has some questions. Insha Allah, things will work out.

Again, thank you for all your help. I am sure he really appriciates it. If any one knows of a membership/club where converted people help each other and gain knowledge from each other in around toronto area. He would really appriciate if anyone knew if that existed.

Again Thank you and May Allah bless you!

Baluug   

Wa alaikum salam finestsista,

Tell your friend he is welcome anytime. If I didn't have people to help me along the way to finding Islam, Allah SWT knows what would've happened to me. As for the "convert club", if there was such a thing, I would probably have known about it, but i don't, so I don't think such a club exists. But he can always find the reverted bros and become friends with them, I guess that's like a club. :D