Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Somalia's Internet Domain sold by TFG (another National Treason)

Thankful   

Wow, Laasqoraynet is so petty!

They are upset that their community was excluded by the Prime Minister, so now they are going to start reporting news against the TFG.

November 1, 2010 ayaa si rasmi ah suuq geyn loogu bilaabay Domain-ka .SO (
), taas oo muujinaysa in si rasmi ah shirkadda reer Japan ee GMO lagu wareejiyey hanti Domainka Soomaaliyeed ee SO.

Let me guess its just a coincidence that they are reporting this information a few days after the ministers were announced.

Remember this???

Dhahar: A Ceremony in Support of newly Appointed PM held in Haylaan region

Maxamed Xasan Saciid oo Ka Tiran Golaha Degaanka Dhahar ayaa Sheegay In ay Si Weyn u taageersan Yihiin Reysul Wasaare Farmaajo Isla Markaan Muujin Doono Karti Iyo Hufnaan o Isbedel ku keeni karta Xaalada uu Iminka Marayo Dalka Soomaaliya.

Instead of making the communities voice heard, they welcomed him with open arms. While Garoweonline had that Somalia: The Story Behind Farmajo [intelligence Brief]

piece...believe me the Prime Minister felt the heat from certain regions in Puntland and made sure he included them....Puntland's Eastern Sanaag region did not play the right political game and unfortunately did not pressure the Prime minister.

LOL LOL LOL Aren't all Somali web media the same all HYPOCRITES. So, Why point finger at Laasqray? They are just slow to report....this is old new when U look at news cycle on the internet...Besides haven't U guys heard or seen the FOR SALE sign that says SOMALIA for Sale everything at a BASEMENT BARGAINED PRICE including humans trafficking.... Or U missed that LOL LOL LOL LOL

NASSIR   

Thankful, horaa loo yiri abuur iyo waano keebaa horeeya.

The is the new topic in town and look at u trying to score cheap points.

Adeer, reer Sanaag dantooda waa yaqaabiin iyo tan loo maro ummada Soomaaliyeed. Howl Puntland u taala maaha.

Again, i am above trolling & clannish innuendo so is the puepose of this thread.

The Zack   

The Thankful dude is totally something else. He somehow misses to discuss the issue at hand and focuses on the messenger which is entirely against the rules of a healthy debate. Adeer if you want to contribute to a forum, discuss the issues at hand instead of always shooting the messenger or changing subjects.

The domain .so has been sold, that is a fact. Discuss if that is right thing or what so!

Nassir,

Thanks for sharing this! This TFG is somehow selling everything the country had LOL. It was the sea the day before yesterday, the house of the Somali ambassador in Nairobi yesterday, and the .SO domain today. Darn!

NASSIR   

.SO is coming. SO, here’s an interview with the gentlemen behind the new .so registry It’s always a good thing when a company gets the right to market a ccTLD globally. It’s good for the industry and good for the country that grants the contract. Recently GMO Registry has been appointed by The Transitional Federal Government of The Somali Republic to market .so, the country code for Somalia.. [The domain Somalia.com is for sale for anyone that is interested] Over the weekend I asked Hiro Tsukahara some questions about the nehuw extension and he was kind enough to answer. I hit him hard in the beginning but I think I asked the questions we’d all be curious about.

Overall, I like .so. While it may not have what it takes to become one of the big extensions, it has its place and I’m sure GMO will run a nice business with it. I’m especially happy to hear him tell us that a portion of the proceeds will go to help Somalians. —-Rick –It’s interesting that you’ve cut a deal with Somalia for the .so extension. Can you tell us about your interactions with them? Who in the country do you deal with? What were they like? Hiro Tsukahara -Our first encounter with the gentlemen from Somalia was in Nairobi, right before

NASSIR   

Hiro Tsukahara -Our first encounter with the gentlemen from Somalia was in Nairobi, right before the ICANN meeting earlier this year. We immediately sat down for discussions and met again at a later date in Tokyo to finalize the deal. Those we are in talks with represent The Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications, and are nothing but great individuals each of whom manouevre multiple languages, which depict the high standards of education within the country. Rick –How secure is the partnership you have with the central registry? Is there any risk that something would happen that would cost the registrants their domains? Hiro Tsukahara -The partnership with the The Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications is set and firm. In regard to “risk,” we don’t see that there is any more risk for registrants than there is when registering other ccTLD domain names.

NASSIR   

Hiro Tsukahara -Our first encounter with the gentlemen from Somalia was in Nairobi, right before the ICANN meeting earlier this year. We immediately sat down for discussions and met again at a later date in Tokyo to finalize the deal. Those we are in talks with represent The Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications, and are nothing but great individuals each of whom manouevre multiple languages, which depict the high standards of education within the country. Rick –How secure is the partnership you have with the central registry? Is there any risk that something would happen that would cost the registrants their domains? Hiro Tsukahara -The partnership with the The Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications is set and firm. In regard to “risk,” we don’t see that there is any more risk for registrants than there is when registering other ccTLD domain names.

Thankful   

Originally posted by The Zack:

The Thankful dude is totally something else. He somehow misses to discuss the issue at hand and focuses on the messenger which is entirely against the rules of a healthy debate. Adeer if you want to contribute to a forum, discuss the issues at hand instead of always shooting the messenger or changing subjects.

The domain .so has been sold, that is a fact. Discuss if that is right thing or what so!

Zack concentrate on what you want to post and I'll do the same!

Laasqoraynet is completely ridiculous for going after the TFG and it is quite clear why they are doing it!

There is an enormous list of problems we can point at the TFG and the rest of Somalia's regional governments. The problems are endless but what is the solution??

You think I am something else, well I think constantly attacking an already weak government is unbelievable! Lets build something that's respectable internationally and than start critiquing it.

We will first start with our own communities as a base and then build form there!

Ismahaan   

Hiro Tsukahara -Our first encounter with the gentlemen from Somalia was in Nairobi, right before the ICANN meeting earlier this year. We immediately sat down for discussions and met again at a later date in Tokyo to finalize the deal

cajiib, waa wax lala yaabo in shaqsi Soomaaliyeed waliba masuul sheeganayo arintaan oo kale ku kaco. Toloow magaciisana maxaa loo qariyey , ma yaan la i sheegin buu yiri, inteese $$$ buu helay? :mad: