Sign in to follow this  
Snake-i

Satellite Spots 'Glowing' Ocean

Snake-i   

:confused: For hundreds of years dhuh

"Satellite images captured a large patch of glowing water off the coast of Somalia. The area is about the size of Connecticut, and researchers think billions of glowing bacteria are the source. "

Our ocean is glowing ...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4990705

November 5, 2005 · For hundreds of years, ship captains in the Indian Ocean have been writing of nighttime voyages through eerie stretches of water -- areas where the surface of the ocean glowed so brightly that sailors could read books on deck at midnight. These milky waters were said to cover thousands of square miles.

Marine biologists used to ignore these kinds of reports. Now they don't. A group of satellite photos has changed their minds.

:confused: could it be the toxi waste???

Could be. You got me thinking. But they are saying for hundred of years, sailors used to report.

waterlg.jpg

What is more interesting in this satellite picture is that there is no light whatsoever in Soomaaliya. You can see a little dot light on approximate location of Addis Ababa; farther north, some more light on Khartuum. And a lot of light surrounding the Nile River, obviously where most Masaari live. Then go to Carabta. Plenty of lights on locations of Jidda, Makka, and Madiina. More light on other khaliijka cities, such Dubeey and Dooxa.

Our light is only natural glowe. Sad.

Snake-i   

Miiskiin you right i don't think it is the toxic if it was glowing for hundreds of years...but insha'allah we will raise...thou i found this picture just wonder amazing...God i can't describe it...Allah blessed us in so many ways we aren't even thankful for...Look at somalia we have the longest coast line in africa and we can't even control it...One Day "WE" Will

About the light part...All my somalis are probably a sleep you know blow out the feynuus...after the sunsets

Maf Kees   

MMAqiyaar that shot could have been made after eleven when almost ALL lights are off. I see some miniscule white dots though in what seems to be Mogadishu, Berbera, Jigjiga, Dire Dawa, Harar and Bosaso. The rest looks like wild jungle.

Baxarsaaf, yeah, if you brighten the monitor extra bit, you can see very, very tiny lights from Jabuuti and Dirirdhaba.

And nice name, there. I like this word baxarsaaf, ever seen the tree its named? Gurigeena uu ka bixi jiray [it was imported from Baay since it naturally doesn't grow in Xamar], along with shoori and gob.