Sign in to follow this  
Drama-Free

Using an Egg Donor

God forbid but if the only means of having a child is using a donor's eggs and your husband's sperm. Would you have done it?

You do not want to consider adoption at this time. The emotional acceptance of not having your own biological child is very difficult. The emotional and moral issues of having a child that is your husband's but not yours is distressing too. You and your husband want to have children, and to be a family. Wouldn't it be the logical thing to do?

PS: Does anybody know what Islam say about the egg donors & procedures?

God Bless.

SouL_LaDy ,

You mean he cannot have a second wife to procreate with. Just kidding :D

I hope you do not mind a guy butting in with his two cents.

Not sure what Islam says about this but if that was my dilemma (God Forbid) I would never abandon my wife, won’t do the artificial insemination or the surrogate motherhood thing. I would simply adopt a Somali baby.

BTW-Good topic sister.

Peace…

loooool soul lady another one of ur question not a bad one though:

well i think if i was not able to have a child i think my first choice would be to adopt a kid cause they are plenty of them that need loving homes and ppl(of course i would try to have a somali or a kid from islamic countries). as to insenmination i don't know, if another woman has to provide eggs for my husbands sperm then for god sakes let her marry him too, i think this is the time where i must sacrific my love for him to have children if it is something that is important to him if not then as i said adopt or have no children at all.

that's my 1 1/2 cents on this topic.

hi soul lady,,great topic to start with

well, islamicaly i dont have any knowledge about this issue, but i can indulge my generall knowledge.

first of all, god forbid that both me and my future wife to be in this kind of situation and if it ever happens i dont think i will accept any donor.

secondly, allah has eased restrictions for both sexes and allowed them to divorce and get married to a different partner

thats my opinion, i hope it wont cause any scufle

thats my one-shilling

Macalin   

Another mind boglling Q..love it tho.

would love to know what islam says about this..but am afraid the answer maybe negative..but since this is scienstific am pretty sure there are some loop holes into it..but i am so hungry to know what it says.

Besides...one of my dear auntie has been married for 6 yrs and no kid(i know its sad..i know first hand!)...but Allah has his ways..and what he does is am sure out of good..but i would love to help her(ladies- any one can donate-just kidding!).

lastly...have a lovely day..wont you?

Oocyte   

It seems more guys have replied. whatever happened to the sisters?

About the topic,

Yeah It would be logical thing to do and the only chance to experience pregnancy, labor and motherhood. The bond between mother and child will be strong though the child wont be my biological baby. He/she will carry different genes.

In Islam according to my knowledge, some say it is allowed with argument of the woman will carry/nurture the child all through pregnancy.

Others say,it is NOT allowed with the reasoning of;

1)the egg will be fertilized by unwed man`s sperm.

2)genetically the child will not be hers....So the real lineage of family will be broken and later might lead to more social crisis.

Science is blossoming day by day and religions are trying to keep up its pace.

Debates keep going on and we never know what will be the Islamic rulings of egg donations 10-20 years from now.

Lakkad,

About your dear aunt, she should consult a doctor. women's infertility is 70-80% treatable and the problem could be from the husband.

Salaams

I didn't want to respond till I've found the answer. Libin, thnks for the research. I don't agree with it, just because I believe Islam honores one's identity. And for an egg to be fertilized you have to look at whether the sources (the sperm& egg)are ligitimate. Everyone has the right to know who their parents are. It's the same thing when it comes to adoption. In Islam, it forbids to change the child's name. There's no doubt that it's emotionally devastating for a woman to find out she's unable to conceive. Alot of sabar (patience) is required and accepting the fact that in certain situations its beyond our control.

Soul Lady, you had me wondering too.....interesting topic.