Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

President Sharif Ahmed and his problem

NGONGE   

Mr ME,

There is nothing in what you said that would make me rethink (never mind capitulate), saaxib. Your questions are too general and only act as an invitation to roll out a list of the achievements of Somaliland/Puntland in the past decade or so. You already know what they are so I shall not play this game.

As for the capital of the former republic of Somalia. Well, that is a different case. Our obtuse brother above is adamant that the people of that city are UNITED. He is arguing that there is such a thing as a (united) M Society! We are telling him to pull the other one.

You on the other hand are trying to run with his rubbish idea and use it as proof of some sort of resurection! I would take you seriously if you showed me how. Come on, bang your heads together and come up with one single example that shows the recent 'peace' is nothing but the result of the 120 days 'hudna' rather than any unity or agreement on the part of that city.

Geel jire, your great grandfather must have been from up north, you clannist so and so. icon_razz.gif

Emperor   

Mr me is one confused fella, now he's mistaking Puntland for Somaliland...

Saaxib Puntland spilled blood and spent gold for the return of the Republic, a unionist to the core, land of the free and the home of the brave...

As for your point regarding Mogadishu, how did Mogadishu safe-gaurded the unity or paid any effort for the return of the republic, contrary to that I thought it was the black mark of the nation that kept the rest walk in limbo... Which Mogadishu are you talking about, the confused multi-faction, multi-ideology, half-maxakim, some Alshabab, Ahl-Sunna waiting here, clan elders group, multi-dimentional civil soceity groups, half-PM Nur Ade of TFG, half-Yey others like Bakara market Business men of no no to all and nothing but null and void, all this post 2006... And don't even mention the two decades before 2006, the city of death, hell bent and the save-haven of the most brutal warlords and Moryaaan Somalia ever witnessed....

me, bal come back and tell us how Mogadishu did better in helping the return of the Somali unity, governance law and order and overall the well being of the former republic than Puntland and Somaliland....

Originally posted by Emperor:

Mr me is one confused fella, now he's mistaking Puntland for Somaliland...

Saaxib Puntland spilled blood and spent gold for the return of the Republic, a unionist to the core, land of the free and the home of the brave...

As for your point regarding Mogadishu, how did Mogadishu safe-gaurded the unity or paid any effort for the return of the republic, contrary to that I thought it was the black mark of the nation that kept the rest walk in limbo... Which Mogadishu are you talking about, the confused multi-faction, multi-ideology, half-maxakim, some Alshabab, Ahl-Sunna waiting here, clan elders group, multi-dimentional civil soceity groups, half-PM Nur Ade of TFG, half-Yey others like Bakara market Business men of no no to all and nothing but null and void, all this post 2006... And don't even mention the two decades before 2006, the city of death, hell bent and the save-haven of the most brutal warlords and Moryaaan Somalia ever witnessed....

me, bal come back and tell us how Mogadishu did better in helping the return of the Somali unity, governance law and order and overall the well being of the former republic than Puntland and Somaliland....

Oh boy! I am startled at the endless absurdities

Only somebody with a very superficial understanding will make such incongruous statement. History is awash with endless tales of the North-eastern people cooperating with the entire legion of Somalia’s enemies, from the Italians, British and lately the Ethiopians. Apparently, your glorious Puntland has once again done a very poor job of educating you of these very basic facts and realities.

Just ask for the evidence and I will drown you in a sea of shame.

I will never have you get a free pass on history. You can count on that.

The entire culture of warlordism you seem to criticize was engineered and created by people who call Puntland home. The SSDF was Somalia’s first rebel group after-all and Abdullahi Yusuf, that humiliated quisling, the founder of Puntland State, was its head.

Considering the fact that your beloved Puntland houses the biggest Piracy movement in the world and an inflation rate that can compete with Zimbabwe, it is always laughable to see Puntland psychos acting all self-righteous about their condition.

Delusions of grandeur don’t change the utter misery in which thousands of Puntlanders live. Instead of trying to lecture the “South,” it would be helpful for you to look into these facts. Why look at the “South” in isolation when this immoral lust for criminality and evilness is so wide-spread?

In what universe is Puntland “free and brave” You empty fantasies are just that. Don’t mix them with reality. In the real world, Puntland can’t even take one step without consulting the Ethiopian regime. The endless extraditions of innocent Women and children from occupied Western Somalia, arrests of Islamic Scholars and monthly visits to Addis Ababa flouts your weak reasoning. Try being masters of your own destiny first. :confused:

Things aren’t as black and white as you make them out to be- there are indeed some very entrenched problems in the Mogadishu and multiple interpretations of what the future holds and how to get there. Of course there are violence and division and they have made some very bad decisions in the last 18 years. But then there are also some equally entrenched shared sympathies for common causes such as the defeat of the warlords and the successful resistance against the Ethiopian invasion and the gang of quislings, certainly the people of Benadir has shown during the last 2 years that they understand their destinies are tied and have similar aspirations and so forth. Things are rarely so simplistic that they can be reduced to one angle.

Being realistic/proud means being well-informed-about both the good and the bad about your people, not to think of it in fantasy terms. Puntland/Somaliland being able to live in relatively peaceful compared to Mogadishu is not some sort of metaphysical reality of the universe; it is the result of concrete factors.

Intelligent humans question their “leaders” and their situation. Not cheerlead for them blindly

me   

Guys,

Runta aan isu sheegno.

Muqdisho sneezes and Somalis all over catch a cold.

It is Muqdisho where the future of Somalia will be decided and not in Hargeysa or Bosaso. It is Muqdisho that sends us wadaado and waxgarad.

If SL and PL want to shape the future of Somalia they have to come out of the isolation and deal with Muqdisho.

It’s hard for Puntland since it squandered the only chance it had, but for SL there is still room for manoeuvre.

But for SL to play along it should develop a strong civil society ala Mogz. Because as long as the secessionists determine the agenda for the people of North West Somalia they won’t have much room for manoeuvre and they will be stuck in the current limbo.

SL should come out of its self imposed isolation if it wants to develop. SL has now reached the limits of its development under the current secessionist regime.

18 years of so called independence and an admin that can’t provide water to its people.

Are they waiting for an NGO to fix it for them?

PL is another story, they are isolated not by choice but by their inept leaders.

PL has squandered a golden opportunity and it will take a long time before it gets out of this deep isolation.

Mogz on the other hand has the initiative for now and it will be Mogz and it’s civil society that will decide on the future of Somalia whether you SOL’ers like it or not.