Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Mayor of Burco - A man with a mission for a neglected Somali city

This young man not only understands his responsibilities quite well, needs of his constituencies, but also what is being required in terms of public service and how to work with whatever mere resources at his disposal. May we sire many more Somalis sons and daughters like him!

Best of luck!

Togdheer Online oo waraysi la yeelatay Maayarka Magaalada Burco [News Category - Posted by Admin on Wednesday, 23 July 2003, 16:22:50 GMT]

Burco(Togdheer Online) - Waxaanu waraysi la yeelanay Maayarka magaalada Burco Maxamed Diiriye Xayd waraysigaas oo dhinacyo badan taabanayey waxaa Maayarka la yeesshay weriyahayaga magaalada Burco Axmed Aadan Yuusuf waraysigaana waxaanu idiin soo gudbinaynaa qaybtiisii hore wuxuuna u dhacay sidan.

S.Waxaad war bixin kooban naga siisaa xaaladda magaalada Burco?

J. Nabad gelyada magaaladu aad bay u wanaagsantahay taana waxaa ka markhaati kacaya maalgashiga ay ku samaynayaan jaaliyada dibadu maagaalada, markaa maanta majiraan wax dhibaato ah oo ka jira magaalada Burco,takale waxa ugu badan ee la isku dili jiray waxa uu ahaa dhulka danta guud, taana waanu xakamaynay maamul ahaan iyo gole deegaan ahaan, taa markii aan xakamaynay dhibaatadii way yaraatay.

S.Dhinaca nabadgelyada maxaad odhankartaa baa ugu daran ee idinla soo kulma?

J.Horta waxaa ugu daran ee nabadgelyo darada keeni jiray waa dhulka, taana waanu xakamaynay, laakiin waxaa jiray dhacdooyin kale oo nala soo dersi jiray sida khamriga oo maalmo dhawayd aad ugu soo batay magaalada, taas oo inamada sakhraama ay magaalada rasaas iskaga furi jireen, rasaastuna waxay wax yeeli jirtay dad shicib ah iyo marmarka qaar Booliskaba, arintaana go’aan aayanu ka gaadhnay hadii aanu nahay golaha deegaanka ama gudiga nabadgelyada dagaal baanu ku qaadnay waanuna ku guulaysanay, meelo badan oo khamriga lagu iibin jiray ayaanu duminay, dadkiina qaar baanu qabqabanay, qaarna talaabooyin kale ayaanu qaadnay markaa hada arinkaasi waa yaraaday.

S. Mudadii aad xilka haysay waa maxay duruufaha ugu adag ee uu maaamulkaagu la kulmay.?

J. Markii aanu meesha nimid, anaga oo hada xilka haynay shan bilood , waxaanu nimid meel aasan oo uu gaadiidkeedu fadhiyo, shaqaaluhuna aanu mushahar qaadan 12 bilood dhaqaalaha soo xaroodana uu yahay milyan iyo badh iyo waxyaabo badan oo dhibaatooyin maamul ah, dabadeedna golahayagii deegaanku waxaanu markii ugu horaysay go’aansanay inaanu si talo wadaag ah howsha u galno, isla markaana aanu hawsha koowaad ka dhigano ilaalinta iyo adkaynta nabadgalyada, iyo ilaalinta nadaafada magaalada, talabaadna waxaanu ku go’aansanay inay noqoto sidii aanu shaqaalaha waxooda u siino iyo daryeelka gaadiidka dawladda hoose ee Burco, tiinadaafada iyo adeega magaalada markiiba waan ku bilownay oo olole ayaanu ku qaadnay illaa hadana meel wanaagsan ayay noo maraysaa shaqaalihii dawladda hoosana waanu siinay iyada oo shaqaalaha aanu meesha ugu nimsid tiradoodu ahayd laba boqol iyo dhowr iyo labaatan oo dayn uleh, 700-800 oo bilyan SL/SH dayntaasna bishii juun mooyaane wixii kale waanu iska dhamaynay waxaanuna bishan wixii ka bilaabma siin doonaa mushaharooyinkoodii ilaa feebarwari kasoo bilaabmay, sidoo kale gaadiidka aanu meesha ugu nimi waxay tiradiisu ahayd soddon baabuur afar qudha ayaa ka soconayay laakiin maanta sideed iyo toban baabuur ayaanu kicinay oo shaqaynaya, qaar kalena dhaqso ayaanu u kicinayanaa.

Dhinaca dhaqaalaha dakhliga dowladda hoose waxaanu ugu nimid milyan iyo badh iyo waxaan dhaamin maalintii, laakiin waxaanu lasoo kacaa kufnaba maant waxaanu marinaynaa inaanu gaadhsiino 11 milyan ilaa 12 milyan maalintii .

Haddii aanu nahay golaha deegaanka dacaayado ayaa iska jira oo ay dadka qaar leeyihiin golaha deegaanku lacago ayay iska gurtaan balso illaa hada waxaanu ku shaqaynaa iskaa wax u qabso mana jiro wax mushahar ah iyo lacagkale oo aanu meesha ka qaadano waanuna iska dhaarsanay sidii aanu wadankayaga wax ugu qaban lahayn.

Waxa kale oo aanu furnay ilaa dhawr iyo soddon waddo oo aan awal baabuur iyo dad tooni mari jirin.

Lasoco qaybta labaad....

Axmed Aadan Yuusuf

Togdheer Online Correspondent

Burco Somaliland.

AYOUB   

Cheers for that Samurai, good story and deserved better headline than that ;) . The story about Puntland refugees reluctant to go home got a 'booming economy' headline and the wonderful achievements of people of Burco gets 'neglected Somali city' headline, whats the world comming to? :rolleyes:

Ayoub_Sheikh – sure my man. Any good news for the old country is always desirable.

As to your query, the only difference is that Burco, once the commercial hub for the whole of Somalia, [pre-civil war Somalia] with its infrastructure and a population to match has been neglected by the successive, one-city type administrations of Somaliland. The city almost fell off the geographical map of the area. Tragic as it may, its sons and daughters abandoned the city for the cosy lifestyle in Hargeysa only to be resuscitated by the new mayor (5 month’s tenure) in 2003. This is an indicator as to how the will of the people, or a man for that matter, could bring about a deservedly, though overdue, sense of accomplishment, self-reliance and societal development in all aspects. A testimony, if you will that the pro-secessionist camp have not the faintest idea as to adverse, lasting repercussions of the object of their desire: the untenable jewel.

The underlining rationale for the headline is to stir the city’s sons and daughter (Oodweyne, Mystery, Angel-Dust and the likes) from their whimsical deep-stupor, and to talk some sense into their shell-like skulls delusional in nature and to highlight that once the dhow hits the rock, the oceanic waters sinking all aboard discriminates NOT its commuters.

Mystery   

Samaria Worrier and SmithNWestern,

I didn’t know that you gentlemen dream eat and sleep with our names. I am really flattered by the profound way we had an impact on you guys.

The underlining rationale for the headline is to stir the city’s sons and daughter (Oodweyne, Mystery, Angel-Dust and the likes) from their whimsical deep-stupor, and to talk some sense into their shell-like skulls delusional in nature and to highlight that once the dhow hits the rock, the oceanic waters sinking all aboard discriminates NOT its commuters.

Mystery I hope that answers your query about the modern history of Somalia.

As ever when there are well structured arguments backed with facts including dates of vents location and personalities we get silence, I hope that Mystery, Ayoub shiekh Miss Angel Dust and Oodweyn do not follow that path.

As to the above comment made by SNW about Bari_Nomad’s account of the Somaliland civil war, even if he presents it as a fictional transcript to Hollywood director, it wouldn’t sell.

As to your attempt to try to create division amongst the brothers and sisters from Hargeisa and Burco, let me assure you that you will not succeed. From your cleverly chosen title, which Ayub Shiekh pointed out clearly we can read between the lines and see your hidden agenda as it's transparent.

May Allah Protect Somaliland and its people from the evil whisperers. Ameen

India   

Samuria,

Is this how desperate you are getting?

I am a Burcawiyad But I love Hargaisa and indeed all of Somaliland equally.

Your ill attempts to taint Somaliland have made you infamous and now you are trying to distort reality again to create amonisty between the regions and it is people. NOT GONNA WORK MATE-SORRY.WE LOVE EACH OTHER-SOMTHING (LOVE) YOU HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF

Samuria---what in gods name feeds your hate of Somaliland?

There is a arabic saying that says "AL Hasad ma yaflah" .

Once Hargiesa is in full swing all efforts will turn to burco, erigavo , berber, las anod all around Somaliland. Cappichi Senior.

Dusty.

guraad   

`ngel dust ,

Did you say Lasscanood and sanaag ? No we as people of SSH are not part of separatest one-tribe called somaliland , we are part of PUNTLAND STATE OF SOMALIA .please dont talk about our lands in that way , dont speak foor as , SSH and its peole are against separatest state of hergaysa .

Listen we dont need you so stop crying for us like child with out mother .we will never leave our great somalia and our somali brothers/sisters . SO YOU CAN GO I HEAD ALONE WITH YOUR SEPARATE COUNTRY WITH ONE TRIBE . WE ARE NOT PART OF IT.

modern SOMALILAND= BURCO , BERBERA AND HERGAYSA. SO STOP CLAIMING OUR CITIES THAT IS PART OF PUNTLAND STATE OF SOMALIA.

India   

Guraad,

You are ALL welcome to be part of Somalia however, rest assure Somaliland's land will stay intact. So the choice is your leave and close the door behind you.

Please cry--there is hardly anything to carry for sxb!

Mystery   

guraad,

You sure you want to be part of Somalia?

No we as people of SSH are not part of separatest one-tribe called somaliland , we are part of PUNTLAND STATE OF SOMALIA

You posted the below article, which demonstrated how much you are so loved and welcomed in Somalia.

Muqdisho, (AllPuntland) -
Qarax wayn ayaa caawa laga maqlay Hotel Saxafi
oo ku yaala Muqdisho halkaas
oo ay dagan yihiin guddiga sahanka hub ka dhigista Soomaaliya ee ka socda Midowga Africa
......Lama yaqaan cidda ka dambeysa, waxaase jirtey waraaqo digniin ah oo Arbacadii lagu daadshay Muqdisho kuwaas oo loogu digayo guddigaasi inay magaalada isaga baxaan.
Waxaa waraaqahaas digniinta ahaa, lagu sheegey in guddigaani u shaqaynayaan Puntland

Boy, someone is having identity crises.

AYOUB   

Mystery, looks like we are not the only ones who see through the 'patriotic' scroungers from the barren lands of north-east Somalia. Boy oh boy, where are they gonna go now? icon_razz.gif

BN   

You guys actually talk like "somaliladn" is a seperate country. ITS NOT. SS&H are a part of NE Somalia; socially, ethnically, politically, and economically. Which is a part of Somalia. If you guys want to declare hargeisa-berbera a state--by all means go ahead. That's all "Somaliland" is. Togdheer and East are with their brothers in East/Central/South Somalia. And no amount of bribing, or dreaming on SOL is gonna change that.

guraad   

Angel-Dust ,

Are u asking me to leave my land? LOL. bring youR A$$ here and show me how Her(GAY)ysa will make me leave my land.

Somaliland ? OVER MY DEAD BODY . KEEP ON DREAMING.

We dont need you so please keep ss&h off your mouth.