Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed was right you were wrong. in Pictures

450.jpgAbdullahi Yusuf Ahmed was right.

His vision for Somalia was clear, his strategy was right and he is missed most by his enemies.

Yusuf a decorated war hero fough many in his day, he fought the imperial army of Haile Salasie when most Somali’s were still riding camels, he fought and won many battles against Ethiopia in the ****** war, this is another fact.

He stood up to the tyranny of Siayd Barre, when Siilanyu, Egaal, Omar Jess and others were singing meekly. He fought the dictator when Riyaale was rounding up SNM elders and sending them to the hell of Mandheera. Yusuf fought when like Chickens the elders and poets of the NW were composing poems for the “dear leader”.

He fought Menghestu and was put in jail for his bravery and stubbornness. Upon his return the whole nation was in upheaval and there was a new tyrant known as Aydeed. In the early nineties this man and his USC were the joggarnaut, who chased Siyad Barre on a Donkey all the way to Kenya.

Aydeed was unstoppable and he now he had, Omar Jess and others doing a weird strip tease. He destroyed Baidoa and took everyone on. Yet who in all of Somalia could halt this man ambition, this wild movement? Who else but the Colonel who put a stop to Aydeed’s day dream in Galkacyu and thus changed the game for ever.

After the USC were defeated, it was agreed that a new state should rise in the North East, again it was Yusuf who led. How many then thought this was nothing more than a delusion, and today even the hapless failures and clanist father of all Abdiqasin has recognized the importance of Puntland.

Yes Yusuf was right in helping do his bit for Puntland you were wrong.

As Somali president Yusuf was attacked by many clannish individuals and groups for trying to pacify Mogadishu. These groups were led by Al Shabaab & Sharif Hotel. Yet Yusuf told all Somali’s of the dangers of AL Shabaab, yet many raised funds and look were it ended them up?

Yususf was attacked for bringing “Ethiopia” into Somalia by men who were in Asmara at the time, the Sharif Xasan’s , Ibbi’s of this world who are now spying for Ethiopia itself.

We have groups who were waging Jihad at the time, now in Goday singing the Tigray anthem, yet they wanted no peace in Mogadishu as the old man wanted and dreamed.

Yusuf was a man, who had strong convictions and a clear vision. He never sold the sea to Kenya, he never cowered to the likes of Walid Abdalla, he never pretended to be a “Mujahid” and used the faith in the wrong manner. He was a politician, skilled, courageous and clear about his aims.

Again, you were wrong and Yusuf was right. He was right to fight Ethiopia, to fight Siyad Barre, to fight Al Shabaab;s dad, to fight Aydeed. He was right about Puntland, he was right about pacifying Mogadishu, he was right in not selling the sea and stealing national money. He was right to retire.

On Puntland

Mar la weydiiyey siduu u arko xaalka dhibaatada ka jirta Soomaaliya wuxuu sheegay inuu qabo in la qabto kulan balaaran oo ka dhaca gudaha dalka gaar ahaan goobaha nabdoon sida Puntland iyo Somaliland oo ay isugu yimaadan Soomaalida ayna heshiis ka gaaran khilaafka ka dhex aloosan.

Abdiqasin Salad Xasan

Shariif ayaa isaga oo hadlkiisa sii wata yiri "Puntland waa hooyadii Somalia waana ka warqabnaa waxa ay shacabkedu u sameeyen walalahood kale ee Somalia".

Sharif Ahmed on Puntland... :D

The acting commissioner of the finance control committee in the Somali parliament has censured some Ministers in the Somali transitional federal government for money laundry.

Some members of the finance control committee in the Somali parliament have submitted a dossier containing the list of the 10 Ministers in the Somali transitional federal government who are censured of possessing the Somali national wealth in illegal terms to Mr. Abdullahi Dahir Barre the Somali Attorney General.

“I have seen the dossier today and it was brought by a man who is unfamiliar to me, but I wouldn’t have received from him otherwise I have received a phone call from two people who are familiar to me before he has reached at my residential, I have somehow read it but not the whole of it” said the Somali Attorney General.

The Attorney General has added that the dossier had the signature of Mohammed Sheikh Ali Ahmed (Woosh) the acting commissioner of the finance control committee group.

“The cases of the 10 Ministers whom we have submitted their names to the Attorney General have all committed national crimes, and they should be brought before the verdict we have strong evidences for their cases” said Mohammed Sheikh Ali Ahmed (Woosh).

Eventually the Somali Attorney General has pledges that he will conduct thorough investigation related to the issues of the 10 Ministers who are condemned of national fraud, and added that he will reach swift verdict, and if they are liable of the cases against them he will announce them their penalty, and if they are above suspicion he will announce as well.

Somalia has been in anarchy and without strong central command for the past two decades.

Jacpher   

I think odaga was unique in two way. Under his administration, the country's historical enemy bombed the airport of the capital and other cities. We all know the massacre and mayhem that followed. No matter how much sugarcoating, I don't think history will ever purge those pages. And he left the political scene all together. No other warlord has accomplished those two things yet. So there you have it General. And this is only Southern Somalia. On the Puntland side, he led two brutal wars where brothers and cousins gunned down each other literally. Again, no other warlord managed to do that in PL. Somalis don't need to read or remember this geriatric warlord. They're glad to not see or hear from him.

^^^While I respect your position my friend. I would counter simply that in Puntland he kept the state together, if he had failed then more brothers and even sisters would be killing each other today in that state, and we would not have the peace that prevails. He was instrumental in that. As for the historical enemy argument, that does not hold water, for Somali's destroyed the airport, port, killed millions of each other and clan cleansed whole cities before such action took place. History will remember that with all his flaws, none have had the singular achievements ina Yey in modern Somalia.

The consistency and courage under great adversity is remarkable.

Today in peaceful Puntland that he help carved out of darkness, religious men can meet peacefully, protected by the same security forces and government he helped create.

Those who refused his leadership are now bombing Mosques in Mogadishu, suicide bombing graduation events and killing everything that moves.

We don’t need history brother, the facts of today prove the old man, was no warlord, but a visionary and a remarkable leader who took tough decision that paid off in the end.

NASSIR   

I agree his formation of the state of Puntland partly as a counterweight to Somaliland's goal to dismember Somalia and to the restoration of our great Republic was his biggest accomplishment. Of course he was aided at the time by great leaders and intellectuals from the region. One of notable founders of Puntland was Awad A. Asharo (a veteran politician and one of the early opposition figures of Barre's dictatorship in the mid 70s. ).

Kashafa   

Duke,

I will allow that A/Y is less evil than Shariif Ahmed, Janaqow, Ibbi, C/Qaadir Cali, and Sharif Xasan. I will allow that unlike the Murji'ah gang in Garowe, A/Y has never used Islam to justify his treasonous infamy; he seems to be pretty comfortable in his status as traitor and does not feel the need to justify it. I will allow that unlike the rest of the current crop of Xabashi slaves, he seems to have been using the Ethiopians as means to end(personal glory, settling tribal scores, power-hunger), yacni, he had an actual strategy(evil as it maybe), as opposed to being an actual slave who takes orders from Addis. I will allow that he has not enriched himself and he lives in a humble manner(some would say in humiliation) as a refugee in Yemen, whereas his erstwhile colleague, Mr. Ali Gheedi, is enjoying(for now) all of the millions of dollars he stole and embezzled from the Antarnashanal Kaamonity. Apparently, being a common thief is one of the qualifications needed to be accepted by the world as a 'serious respectable statesman'

Advice : Why don't you contact Adeer and tell him to make towbah, markaas inoo soo qubaysto oo ashahaadada(erey'ga towxeed oo qofka muslim ku noqdo) ku dhawaaqo and then appear on Al-Jazeera in a live telecast, and beg the Somali people for forgiveness for all the crimes he has committed against them. After that, he can surrender himself to any Islamic Judiciary of his choosing in any of the 10 provinces that has been liberated from foreign hegemony by the pride of Umada Soomaliyeed oo Xalaasha: The Victorious Youth. He can expect a fair, transparent, and public trial where he will be afforded the chance to plead his case and explain to the Islamic Court, and to the Somali people, why he did what he did and any mitigating factors that might help his defense. Of course, this isn't the

; in Islamic Somalia, Justice means actual punishment.

As painful as that scenario might be for you and for the Tol-ka, he will manage to atone for a lifetime of murder, of infamy, and of treason. And when the noose tightens across his neck, and his feet start dangling in the air, he will have achieved his moment of redemption.

A new chapter will have been written in Somali history: That of the repentant warlord, who weary of his sins, willingly gave himself up and asked for Justice to be done.

Wallahi, he would earn my respect then, ee ninyahow waan kula taliyay ee taladayda Adeer iyo intii ka naxayso gaarsii!

Jacpher   

^Odaga waxbuuba dhisayee idinku maxaad dhisteen. Qabuurtii xataa wey idinka nabad heli la'dahay. You are not in a position to speak of Islam, towba or cadaadal or moral judgment. Dhiigii baaba gacantaada ka qoyyan.

Duke: I respect your take on the colonel and I realize his militancy leadership brought peace and stability in PL during his time but it also had its dark days. I guess we agree to disagree on this one. :D

Getting late on my side, later.

Kashafa..LoooL..That's the nicest thing you ever say about Yeey :D

I will concede one thing and that's Yeey wasn't hypocrite, Sharif on the other hand is worst kind of hypocrite.

NASSIR   

You wlc Duke. I think we should let history vindicate Abdillahi Yusuf. I'm sure his many accomplishments would weigh more than the unavoidable losses he inflicted on the civilians. (Sayid Mohamed is just an example). And none of these public figures, Islamist warlords and their child suicide bombers are on nowhere near his well-known traits of bravery, integrity and as disciplined administrator.