Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Situation of Present Day Somalia

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

How is the Situation in Somalia? What do you hope to do for Somalia today, or the future?

I don't listen to BBC,so please someone inform me about the gov't situation there! Secondly, for the 2nd question I would say that I would open a big hospital somewhere in Somalia because health is very a lively issue!

Some of the nomads might say,"well, I'm American, British, Australian or Japanese" or whatever country ur a citizen of.But, my question is even if you don't plan to move back to Somalia, what would you do for the Hooyo land of Somalia? :confused:

Blessed   

^^ lol sweetie. I think the regulars of this section have gone on a little break ;) Recharging their batteries for another season of 'debates'.

I actually stoped following the politics of Somalia. I hope the peace talks or whatever works out I'A.

I don't know what/ if I'll do something. I'A I'll know when I go back next year.

Liqaye   

Salaams modesty,

I thought that people better placed than me would have responded by now, but scince they have not i will tell you what the deal is.

The present talks going on in kenya, is just the same as a case of a snake trying to swallow its own tail, either way it still loses, with out the proper participation of all sections of the somali community, and using the same discredited equation that peace between somali warlords equals peace between somalis, the peace talks in kenya are bound to FAIL.

I say this as a somali nationalist.

As for your plans about building a hospital in somalia, an easy first step would be to register at www.takingITGLOBAL.com were you will be able to liase with many dedicated somalis in the diaspora and in somalia as well.

All i can say is somalia is need of people like you that are thinking beyound their own selfish intreasts, hey the road may be hard but the view from the summit is worth it.

Modesty   

Ameenah thanks for the 411! :D

Liqaye thanks for the info. as well, you know we get so caught up in everything that we forget our mother land so quick. And about the hospital it is a dream I have, but I guess something could happen, since everything starts with a dream as they say.

Peace''