Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

Sharifieds: Remembering Our Great Leader

SOLers,

Do you remember where you were and what you were doing on January 31st, 2009?

Did you ask yourself where did the time ago and just how far did we come along from that sunny, cold winter day when our beloved President, Sharif Sheikh Ahmed was elected the President of the Transitional Federal Government?

Much has changed since Sharif Sheikh Ahmed was elected.

For starters, we have lost thousands of people since the Djibouti accord. We have mourned deaths, some of us have lost loved ones within the conflict and outside of the conflict and may allah grant them all Jannah, RIP Adeero and Che's Father.

For all the lives lost, only allah knows the path one will take but one thing we won't forget is the stand some of you took when those thousands of people were dying each and everyday, the Jihad cause.

The debate about who is right and wrong have been argued time in and time out and we have not come to an agreement and we may never come to an agreement for as long as we debate about the basic principals of democracy but remember farah and xalimo, democracy always prevails.

We fought you tooth and nail over your support for the opposition and you are still convinced you are a better muslim than all of us put together but what does that say about you?

We even went as far as questioning your motivation and judgement and we still do to this day but thats because we really care, or I care as I want no harm to come to some of you more than others.(just kidding)

Speaking of Jihad, most of us remember watching that memorable youtube video of the Shabaab leader in Marka lecturing the youth in the area after they have taken over the town, discussing at length how he will bring Sharia to Alaska and as far as Solomon Islands. We laughed at his absurdity but I'm here tonight to tell you that I am not laughing at him anymore, nor will I ever laugh at him.

That man, the one who took up the mic that afternoon, the one in the video knew what he was saying and how his message will be perceived. Besides, only one person is having the last laugh caawa and it is he and others like him. They are having the time of their life at our expense.

But the real question tonight is how many people are still laughing at him? Do you still think he is talking out of his a*ss?

Wake up ya SOLers and look around you and ask yourself, do I really know who hebel is or who heblaayo? Open your eyes ya SOLERS and question yourselves, who is he, who is she? Can she be trusted? Are these people on a sound mind?

They say its difficult for logic to prevail over emotions, especially when our resident tear dropper has a well he can draw from.

But the one who really should be asking these questions is Sharif Sheikh Ahmed. Six months have passed since he last took office. He made promises to the people and he took steps to executing some of those promises, only to fall short but nevertheless he tried and that is telling of the type of leader Sharif is.

I for one support Sharif because I know he is a competent leader, a people's president. It is why I supported him then and why I still support him today. But just how strong of a leader is Sharif?

Does he sell his vision to the naysayers as effectively? Do his followers still have the trust in him today that they did six months ago? I don't know, I can't say that they do but thats because he is not demanding of his people. He needs to be open and honest with the people. He needs to directly communicate with the average Farah in order for his message to be effective.

He needs to be a force and start building back some of the trust that was lost. He needs to go back to being the Sharif he once was and by that I mean he needs to display a good sense of character and connect with the people again. He needs to remind the public of his values and beliefs and most importantly his motivation, which is the people.

But none of that means much unless we understand the people behind the man. For one, how well do we know of Sharif's camp? Who are they? Why do they insist of going with business as usual, as thought that wins wars?

Who has the man's ears? They needs to be named and shamed and booted off but is is easier said than done. So, what next?

His current advisors have failed him, this much is evident but will he come to the same conclusion or perhaps he has he and he is waiting for the right moment but when is there ever a right moment? What should the man do?

How do we know that these men and women(advisors) aren't prolonging the war for their own self interest??

Matter of fact, how do we know who is really on Sharif's side?

People are switching loyalties left and right, including some pro-government supporters in this forum but are they really pro-government or are they covering up something? You decide

Bottom line is, for Sharif to succeed he has to take out the big dogs aka the so called advisors, the ones who have the most to lose. He has to surround himself with trusted knit of people, folks he can count on the same way he would count on his close-knit family. He needs to revaluate the click if ever he and the country are to have a chance.

But getting back to memory lane and on the eve of the most historic meeting of this government, I can only hope for the best. I can only hope that Secretary Clinton will do the right and in doing so, she will put pressure on our neighbours and call on them to commitment troops, especially kenya.

Kenya needs to do house cleaning and that includes cracking down on Somali business in the Eastleigh area who are funding the opposition and who are in plain side. They need to start arresting these folks and even step up a notch and freeze their assets. You need to cut the life line that feeds these animals if we ever want to be safe and thats that.

Secretary Clinton needs to step up her game because her hubby today out did her when he showed the world that he is still the biggest pimp that ever came out of America when he paid a visit to Kim Jong-il and got him to hand over the two journalists.

LayZieG contributed to the post

AYOUB   

^Yes, Sharif is surrounded by vegetables. Yes, his propaganda is aimed at the thickest ones out there. But, the question is; what would be your choice of "power-dressing" if the Sheikh interviews you for one of his "right-hand person" vacancies?

problem with Somalis= undying belief in the cult of the personality.

its not the man or leaders, its the whole ecosystem. Sharif is surrounded by men like Omaar and ina sharmarke. if they can't do it, we must admit that solving this problem is not a matter of leadership but a change of culture, ethic...

Nice one Layzy. She has always been a true believer in the restoration of the state and a supporter of Sharif. The problem is there is something wrong with the system as NN said Nd he needs to get rid of allot of rotten apples. The likes of Ibbi, Sharif Sakin must go.

Meiji   

But getting back to memory lane and on the eve of the most historic meeting of this government,
I can only hope
for the best. I can only hope that Secretary Clinton will do the right and in doing so, she will put pressure on
our neighbours and call on them to commitment troops, especially kenya.

No sane Somali would ever wish for Ethiopians and Kenyans, who have a vested interest in keeping Somalia on its knees while political pretenders perform their periodic ''pilgrimage'' to Addis Abebba and Nairobi, to send troops to Somalia.

Ever since the creation of the foreign-created regime in 2004 and the shameless quisling who went to Addis Abebba to request 20.000 Ethiopian troops, it has become normal to the foolish to openly state their wish to have Xabashi and Kenyan soldiers in Somalia.

Where are the days that you were put on trial for been suspected of working with Ethiopia and Kenya??

Meiji   

JB

Shouldn't you be too busy 'spinning' the imminent collapse of the secessionist regime?

Go and spread your propaganda for the fake elections.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Meiji:

quote:But getting back to memory lane and on the eve of the most historic meeting of this government,
I can only hope
for the best. I can only hope that Secretary Clinton will do the right and in doing so, she will put pressure on
our neighbours and call on them to commitment troops, especially kenya.

No sane Somali would ever wish for Ethiopians and Kenyans, who have a vested interest in keeping Somalia on its knees while political pretenders perform their periodic ''pilgrimage'' to Addis Abebba and Nairobi, to send troops to Somalia.

Ever since the creation of the foreign-created regime in 2004 and the shameless quisling who went to Addis Abebba to request 20.000 Ethiopian troops, it has become normal to the foolish to openly state their wish to have Xabashi and Kenyan soldiers in Somalia.

Where are the days that you were put on trial for been suspected of working with Ethiopia and Kenya??
good spot, ya Muqdisho Mujahid.

;)