Sign in to follow this  
Hibaad

Somaliland Independence day

Hibaad   

Nomad UK Presents: The Official celebration Of 13th Anniversary Of Somaliland Independence Day.

This Is A Fund Raising Event For Burco Hospital ( Last Year Donations worth $15000 went to Hargaisa Hospital )

SUNDAY 16 MAY 2004 2:00PM - 12:00AM

@ Hammersmith Palais, 242 Shepherds Bush Road, greater London, W6

Admission fee: £10

Nearest Tube station:

Hammersmith Station ( Piccadilly line, Hammersmith and City Line )

Map:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?

Call: 07950256223 for info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...someone sent me on a wild goose chase, finally found the thread ;)

Gives me a reason to give something back to my homeland plus i'm always up for an excuse to party :D

So whats happening on the 18th?

Blessed   

^^lol :D Isn't one party enough?

I think there’s something happening at the Rex and another do at Hackney somewhere. They'll probably give out the flyers on the Sunday.

But since the 18th is a school night, I won't be going...My bed will miss me :D Besides, NomadUK is the business girl, those other parties won't even measure up icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

Is there anyway of buying the tickets without having to attend no parties? I’m allergic to Somali parties.

Ameenah now i know whose pay roll system you in ***kidding*** I have a friend whose a member so I know what U mean...

Ngonge, If you just want to donate i'm sure they'll accept your money at the door and you can make a swift U-turn smile.gif , but I would like to add that its not all about partying and there is a plan of events scheduled, if its anything like last year, it will be the BOOM smile.gif ...

NGONGE   

I know that. But if I went all the way there it would be silly to turn around and leave. I was just wondering if there was a bank account or a website that deals with the event (if there isn’t, I’ll be mildly surprised). Anyway, we’ll see. if you're going, have yourself a very nice evening.

..I will IA.

btw there is a contact number

call 07950256223 for info

Might be worth giving them a ring. I am not sure about the website, so if anyone has the url please share.

Blessed   

^^^^ Why don't you go? There are speechs (which I always miss :D ) and plays in the early hours and than they'll end it with a few songs - it ain't one of those stand up riwayads where ppl sing dance and scream SL ha noolato. :rolleyes:

Anyways... heres their contact Nomad UK site smile.gif

I think there are other organisations working directly with the hospital.

AL

Naa, amus dee. Whats with the qarxis?

Kidding, am really not into raves and riwayads and I love the family atmosphere in the Nomad UK events. Plus- my friends have be bugging to promote it - or I was threatened not to be let in.

N.O.R.F   

About time i checked out the West side of town, see all ma peeps from Sheff who will be there, ^^^^ i will introduce if u like :D , good chance to see old faces and some whom i've been hiding from :D

Huh!..SomaliLand Independence day is 13th of May?? am i gettin my history wrong or the date was 26 June 1960???

Hmmmm..obviously someone has erred...

Cheers

NGONGE   

Nomad UK Presents: The Official celebration Of 13th Anniversary Of Somaliland Independence Day.

Legend of Z, 1960 would not make it the 13th Anniversary either. ;)

** waits for the penny to drop **