Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Bush Is a Reckless Assassin

Castro   

You never know, when you wake up in the morning, which Islamic country Bush may have bombed during the night.

Somalia was the latest.

The United States is not at war with Somalia. In fact, it helped overthrow the Islamist government of Somalia just a few days ago.

The new government is doing Bush’s bidding, and gave him its blessings for the attack.

But did Congress give him its blessings?

Somehow, I missed that.

At Tuesday’s White House press briefing with Tony Snow, the President’s spokesman was asked: “Did the President consult with the Hill before the military operation in Somalia?”

Snow answered: “I don’t believe there was a consultation on that one. I’m aware of none.”

The White House said it was aiming for the mastermind of the U.S. embassy bombings back in 1998. And maybe it was.

We don’t know for sure whether the bombing killed the mastermind.

What we do know for sure is that Bush’s raid killed a couple of dozen civilians, according to the BBC, including a four-year-old boy.

And that raises the question: How much value, if any, does the U.S. place on the lives of innocent people when it engages in these bombings?

The answer appears to be not very much.

Not very much in Iraq, where between 50,000 and more than ten times that number of civilians have been killed, thanks to Bush’s war.

And not very much in Somalia.

There’s another question to: What right does Bush have to launch bombs whenever he feels like it at whoever he feels like?

And finally, how is the latest bomb-at-will exercise going to make the United States safer in the long run. Some in Mogadishu said “the attacks would only increase anti-American sentiment in the largely Muslim country,” the Independent of London reported. And the Italian foreign minister told the BBC that Rome opposed “unilateral initiatives that could spark new tensions.”

The President is acting more and more like a reckless assassin.

The Progressive

Originally posted by Castro:

And that raises the question: How much value, if any, does the U.S. place on the lives of innocent people when it engages in these bombings?

That is the question I ask myself more than million times and almost everyday!

Why should we worry the deaths of the westerners when they worry not our deaths that is caused by their gift-bombs!