Sign in to follow this  
me

Sheekh XasanTurki oo sheegay in ay xoog ku soo furanayaan Sheekh Max'ed Ismail

me   

Ok let me entertain your independant PL idea. Tell me how will the leadership sell this to the general public. Unlike SL Puntland has never been an independdant state. A flag, army and clan territory doesn't make you a state. Somaliland with all its symbolsand its history couldn't do it, how do you think that PL will do it? Your forgetting Darwiishland. If PL declares independance the Darwiish will not appreciate it and they might work with the ICU. They might see that their 'interests' are better served by the ICU. They already feel marginalized in PL, they are in a semi-war with SL. They are just unhappy and have guns. The new found riyaals of the ICU might be an incentive enough for them.

me   

Ok let me entertain your independant PL idea. Tell me how will the leadership sell this to the general public. Unlike SL Puntland has never been an independdant state. A flag, army and clan territory doesn't make you a state. Somaliland with all its symbolsand its history couldn't do it, how do you think that PL will do it? Your forgetting Darwiishland. If PL declares independance the Darwiish will not appreciate it and they might work with the ICU. They might see that their 'interests' are better served by the ICU. They already feel marginalized in PL, they are in a semi-war with SL. They are just unhappy and have guns. The new found riyaals of the ICU might be an incentive enough for them.

PL thats independant will also loose any claim in southern Somalia, say bye bye to the claim on Kismayo.

Saxib who is claiming Kismayu? I know were Kismayu is on the map. Again you seem rash, what is this clan in Puntland you talk of, were they by any chance spared in Mogadishu or have thier farms in the south intact? I guess their interest is in the south to get what? Its all cloud cucko land talk brother.

Puntland is a single clan.

My point is that if there is war everything must be put on the table including seperating for a while..

PL thats independant will also loose any claim in southern Somalia, say bye bye to the claim on Kismayo.

Saxib who is claiming Kismayu? I know were Kismayu is on the map. Again you seem rash, what is this clan in Puntland you talk of, were they by any chance spared in Mogadishu or have thier farms in the south intact? I guess their interest is in the south to get what? Its all cloud cucko land talk brother.

Puntland is a single clan.

My point is that if there is war everything must be put on the table including seperating for a while..

me   

Never, Somalinimo wey ka ween tahay PL iyo SL. No one was spared in Mogadisho and the south, but you forget what happend in Hargeysa, Ceerigaabo and Burco in 1988 and 1991.

Waa lays cafinaayaa. Whole clns can not be blamed for what happened. There were criminal individuals an they should be brought to justice. We can not hold whole clans responsible for what happened. Its time to move on. We are very close ending this war and uniting Somalia under one Somali power. Continuing this war will not help anyone. Independance will not help PL. Independance will bring is demise closer. if the leadership PL is foolish enought to do that then they do not deserve to lead Puntland.

me   

Never, Somalinimo wey ka ween tahay PL iyo SL. No one was spared in Mogadisho and the south, but you forget what happend in Hargeysa, Ceerigaabo and Burco in 1988 and 1991.

Waa lays cafinaayaa. Whole clns can not be blamed for what happened. There were criminal individuals an they should be brought to justice. We can not hold whole clans responsible for what happened. Its time to move on. We are very close ending this war and uniting Somalia under one Somali power. Continuing this war will not help anyone. Independance will not help PL. Independance will bring is demise closer. if the leadership PL is foolish enought to do that then they do not deserve to lead Puntland.

I apologise but I am to old to be idealistic. Somalinimo is a great idea, yet to be put into practise.

I have this feeling we are heading towards yet another catastrophe. But I pray Allah saves us..

I apologise but I am to old to be idealistic. Somalinimo is a great idea, yet to be put into practise.

I have this feeling we are heading towards yet another catastrophe. But I pray Allah saves us..

^^^I have a right to defend my home, we lost everything in the war, I do not want to lose what little is left. Thats my right as a human being and the word tribalist is wrong, we are but one tribe.

Puntland works and what I want is to build upon that little success. Does that make me a clanist?, no. I claim nothing more than what the people of Puntland have agreed upon and chosen.

This ICU is none of our business our only relationship is through the TFG.

It is time to rethink what is important, a flag, an idea or what we have. Control of our own land.

^^^I have a right to defend my home, we lost everything in the war, I do not want to lose what little is left. Thats my right as a human being and the word tribalist is wrong, we are but one tribe.

Puntland works and what I want is to build upon that little success. Does that make me a clanist?, no. I claim nothing more than what the people of Puntland have agreed upon and chosen.

This ICU is none of our business our only relationship is through the TFG.

It is time to rethink what is important, a flag, an idea or what we have. Control of our own land.

me   

Everybody has lost in this war and no one has gained. The people of PL have chosen to live in peace, but they have never given up on The Republic. There is mistrust between the clans, but eventually a Somali man will lead the country, and that man will have a clan. If clans keep mistrusting each other then there will never be a united Somalia, maybe one that is united on paper. A federalist Somalia and 4.5 are against the interests of the Somali people.

Federalism promised us 5 weak clan based states that would report to Adis Abeba. 5 weak states that undermine each other, that are each others rivals. That can be manipulated by external forces.

I understand that there is mistrust. I too have lost relatives in Hargeisa 1988, Ceerigaabo 1991, Mogdisho 1991, somewhere in Hiiraan 1991, Kismayo 1992. All these murders were clan motivated. I don't know who committed them, I wanted revenge too but its up to god now. I will not waste my life hating whole clans for the actions of individuals. The its in the common good that we should end this war now. We should end the mistrust. If we do not see ourselves represented in the ICU leadership maybe its because we are not participating. You got to be in it to win it :D

No one will be marginalized. No one can be marginalized. We are all wiser now, everyone will get its fair share in Somalia and no more. 1 man 1 vote. LETS NOT BE MOTIVATED BY FEAR

me   

Everybody has lost in this war and no one has gained. The people of PL have chosen to live in peace, but they have never given up on The Republic. There is mistrust between the clans, but eventually a Somali man will lead the country, and that man will have a clan. If clans keep mistrusting each other then there will never be a united Somalia, maybe one that is united on paper. A federalist Somalia and 4.5 are against the interests of the Somali people.

Federalism promised us 5 weak clan based states that would report to Adis Abeba. 5 weak states that undermine each other, that are each others rivals. That can be manipulated by external forces.

I understand that there is mistrust. I too have lost relatives in Hargeisa 1988, Ceerigaabo 1991, Mogdisho 1991, somewhere in Hiiraan 1991, Kismayo 1992. All these murders were clan motivated. I don't know who committed them, I wanted revenge too but its up to god now. I will not waste my life hating whole clans for the actions of individuals. The its in the common good that we should end this war now. We should end the mistrust. If we do not see ourselves represented in the ICU leadership maybe its because we are not participating. You got to be in it to win it :D

No one will be marginalized. No one can be marginalized. We are all wiser now, everyone will get its fair share in Somalia and no more. 1 man 1 vote. LETS NOT BE MOTIVATED BY FEAR

Jananka, I didn't know your belief in Soomaalinimo was as fragile, and dependable as any perceived threat against that region Waqooyi Bari.

Soomaalinimo is greater -- and it should be for a reason -- than any region identity within greater Soomaaliya. Soomaalinimo, not any other identity, is what all of us brought here to take refuge and participate in this site.

Like the yesteryears of SSDF, SPM, SDM, SNM, USC, SNU, SNF, SSU, SSA, SNA, RRA, SSS, or whatever-S, today's UIC or MMI or IUC or Buntilaan or Soomaalilaan are all temporal, kumeergaar identities.

Soomaaliya is not an "idea" -- it is a reality. It exists. Existed yesterday, today and, Eebbe haduu idmo, tomorrow and beyond.