Sign in to follow this  
OLOL

IMPRESSIVE CURRICULUM VITAES of the UCID Party candidates

OLOL   

Kudos to somaliland people! I wish I could at least be present at or witness how the civilised Somalilanders run their elections.

Most candidates competing for Somaliland parliament are educated intellectuals with impressive background! No wonder they are living in an oasis of peace and sanity unlike the south!

http://www.ucidparty.com/

Qudhac   

Olol

i have been following the Election closely and i have to say after the representatives of each party was announced i have to come to the conclusion that Ucid parlimentarian candidates have the most impresive Cvs out of the three political parties, especially when you look at the areas of education and age, Ucids candidates seem to be of younger generation with less dirt on their hands, they seem to have given the average farax the chance to represent his degaan as well as an educated ellite and added a mix of people from diaspora.

while i think their leader is bit radical and extremist i would hope Ucids candidate win large quantity of seats, and root out the old men with dirt on their hands.

OLOL   

Yes, true that Faysal Waraabe is a revolutionary man but look at the background of the current president Riyaale, an Ex NSS officer and lackey of Afweeyne. It is a shame that he presides over the people who suffered most at the hands of his ex Boss.

Qudhac   

but its natural the old guards die out slowly and are succeeded gradually by younger fresher minds.

but i think Riyaales ex nss card is over played since there is very little evidence or claim from within somaliland of any wrong doing on his part.

going back to the elections one other i was very happy about was the fact that the current somaliland parlimentarians nearly all failled to get the backing of their districs to back them as candidates for this election since they did nothing for their constituency since they were in parliament.

one of the fundermentals of democracy is that people must not remain in positions of power for too long since its this that breeds corruption, mismanagement and unaccountability.

Castro   

Originally posted by OLOL:

No wonder they are living in an oasis of peace and sanity unlike the south!

Hey, quit rubbing it in! The south is down but not out. There are proportionally as many people educated in the south as there are in Somaliland. They just have more of the greedy, ignorant variety.

You see the difference between you and I is that I am happy for Somalis in the north for they are rebuilding their shattered lives. However, that happiness does not come at the expense of the southeners.

Grow up will you.

Castro   

Originally posted by OLOL:

Fidel, I am from xamar.

Damn! Pardon me while I wipe the egg off my face. I must have misunderstood your point then. It was out of concern then that you made those statements about the south. My bad mistake. I thought you were being high and mighty. Which is not unheard of around here.