Sign in to follow this  
AbdAllah313

Islamic government in Somalia

as-salaamu alaykum,

I assume that most Muslims would favor a real Islamic government in Somalia, but I know that many have their doubts, and suspect that most Islamic movements are just political/ethnic/nationalist/qabiil movements attempting to use Islam to gain control.

The need for Islamic government in the world today is huge, in order to combat kufr both internally and externally, and thus I am an advocate of a true Islamic State in Somalia, one based on traditional madhhabi fiqh, and following all of the limits set by the Prophet (pbuh) and sahaba, and supporting measures to reduce crime, encourage virtue, aid the poor, and improve the basic infrastructure in a unified Somali Islamic State. (not some Taliban clone, if that's what anyone's thinking)

So, here is my question:

What criteria are necessary to convice you of the legitimacy of a prospective Islamic government? Would you give an aid to such a movement if you were convinced of its true Islamic status?

Feel free to comment on anything else as well, and insha' Allah we'll have a productive discussion.

wslm

Haddad   

You're quite correct that most Muslims would favor a real Islamic government in Somalia. There are no criteria necessary to convince us of the legitimacy of a prospective Islamic government; what we simply need is reach a stage where we are physically capable of rebelling the interferences of the enemies of Islam. Without those interferences, Islamic rule in Somalia will take its natural course. There was a period in the 1990's when a part of Mogadishu was ruled with Sharia; the people in that part experienced peace and prosperity. Unfortunately, the experience has alarmed the enemies of Islam, and they conspired with the Somali warlords to abort it.

Islamis the appropiate path for our gloriou nation,

why should we let christians come to us and try to change us a muslims,

And its ridiculous ti have a church in mogidishu, just because chiristians have a one god religion does not make them our friends.

(chanting)

ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM.

Rahima   

What criteria are necessary to convice you of the legitimacy of a prospective Islamic government?

The criteria are many and extensive, but two which come to mind are that the government must implement the shariica across the board and not have a different set of laws for the upper class which basically allow them to get away with most crimes, yet punishing the poor for every minute crime (this is the case in Saudi Arabia). Basically, there must be an element of fairness where all are equal. With Somalia, I worry that this will be one of our downfalls if we adopt an Islamic form of governance.

The second will have to be the introduction of the shariica in a step-by-step mode instead of doing in an all at once fashion. You need for the people to understand the law before you can implement it. It may be that the religious folk of Somalia will have a fair understanding of the shariica, but the common Somali aside from the basic xuduuds probably lacks awareness.

Would you give an aid to such a movement if you were convinced of its true Islamic status?

As a Muslim how can I not?