Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Why doesn't the group in Asmara declare a government?

Peacenow   

I'm talking of the group led by the former speaker Sharif Hassan Sheikh Adan, and the executive chairman of Union of Islamic Courts (UIC) Sheikh, Sharif Sheikh Ahmad. The two men are honorable Somalis and they have the best interest of Somalia in mind. I support them. They have with them, numerous people, former parliamentarians. So why don't they create a 'government' in exile? - a clear cut alternative to the tfg.

For it is as clear as day into night, this group will never now be accepted.

The EU is exasperated by the TFG and the rest of it's backers are now quite frankly embarrassed in backing them in the first place. So why doesn't the 'asmara' group step forward. Perhaps basing themselves in somewhere more high profile like London; step forward?

http://www.sudantribune.com/spip.php?article21443

Hunguri   

To form a govermnet is not building a cottage house in the desert. Somalia has a goverment which recognized by the entire world.

PS:-

Peacenow, I wonder why you say the sky is red. I thought your political motives were so based on seculirism, untill you reached at a level, where you say "Gay law enofrcement" should be introduced in Somalia. Hence, what political common points do you have with Mr Sheekh Shariif?

Peacenow   

This post is not about me. There is a time to debate certain civil rights laws, certainly not now. Terrible things have happend in the last 5 months. What do you mean I said ''"Gay law enofrcement" law, you should be quite careful. I would support also many other civil right protection laws! You have clearly misconstrued my meaning. Im a liberal, I want a state where it is ruled by the rule of the law, one which is not a taliban state and certainly not a client state of ethiopia. Which is what the 'moderate' Sheikh wants.

You said the tfg is 'recognized by the entire world' Now, the important thing is that a government is accpeted by the people. Now how on earth, will this tfg be ever accepted. The recognition for this 'group' is not set in stone. It's actions has made people realise, what kind of a group it is.

What I'm saying why doesn't the asmara group, declare itself

^^^The governemtn is accepted by the people. The gun men did not represent the people hence the quite around the country, the relief and the hope.

The group in Asmara is becoming ever more irrelevet just like their host country.

Hunguri   

Originally posted by peacenow:

This post is not about me. There is a time to debate certain civil rights laws, certainly not now. Terrible things have happend in the last 5 months. What do you mean I said ''"Gay law enofrcement" law, you should be quite careful. I would support also many other civil right protection laws! You have clearly misconstrued my meaning. Im a liberal, I want a state where it is ruled by the rule of the law, one which is not a taliban state and certainly not a client state of ethiopia. Which is what the 'moderate' Sheikh wants.

You said the tfg is 'recognized by the entire world' Now, the important thing is that a government is accpeted by the people. Now how on earth, will this tfg be ever accepted. The recognition for this 'group' is not set in stone. It's actions has made people realise, what kind of a group it is.

What I'm saying why doesn't the asmara group, declare itself

Hunguri   

Im a liberal, I want a state where it is ruled by the rule of the law, one which is not a taliban state and certainly not a client state of ethiopia. Which is what the 'moderate' Sheikh wants.

[/QB]

You are totaly mixed up. If you are a liberal man, and looking for a liberal state, then keep in mind the ICU leader is not your kind of man. Talking from the political point of view, you and Sheekh Shariif have nothing in common. However, you can support him not that Sheekh Sharif will give you the kind of liberal you are looking for, rather you just want Somalia to remain a lawless countery.

Just have a look at Mogadisho. These are the lates news updates. The business men of Bakaaraha are ready to work with the goverment and will soon hand over the weapons to the goverment. The junctions and roads are monitored by the TFG police men and militery. The Civilians are fed by the TFG troops. What more than can satisfy you awoowe ?? And have a look at shabelle. Here they are reporting.

Source

lool @ liberal supporting ICU. I guess you didnt read the small print on the ICU political leaflets; for example the "law" that prohibited watching world cup soccer & cinema movies and was about to ban Coca-cola. But I guess a libertarian can accept a couple of prohibitive laws and actions...

Hunguri   

TheSomali, honestly speaking. The ICU could govern ppl like me. For, I wont have no problems if they ban films,movies and all those. What amase me most is, such a liberal man, who was advocating the Gays law enforcement supporting the ICU, and saying they are his ideal politicians. Waar anigu dadkan oo kale waa aqqaanaa. Qabiil ayaa taffaha jooga. And, I know his cheap political cards, that he is playing here. He must be a lobby of Rayaale. Covered but uncovered by Spy softwares!

Peacenow   

[/QB]

You are totaly mixed up. If you are a liberal man, and looking for a liberal state, then keep in mind the ICU leader is not your kind of man. Talking from the political point of view, you and Sheekh Shariif have nothing in common. However, you can support him not that Sheekh Sharif will give you the kind of liberal you are looking for, rather you just want Somalia to remain a lawless countery.

I'm not going to lower myself to trading tirades. There is a important question here. That needs to be answered. You have not answered it. Because you know fully well. Your puppet warlord group will never be accepted.

Which is why if the occupiers negoitate directly with the elders, the tfg is bypassed, not even consulted or advised.

Just have a look at Mogadisho. These are the lates news updates. The business men of Bakaaraha are ready to work with the goverment and will soon hand over the weapons to the goverment. The junctions and roads are monitored by the tfg police men and militery. The Civilians are fed by the tfg troops. What more than can satisfy you awoowe ?? And have a look at shabelle. Here they are reporting.

Oh what fantastic news. ''The Civilians are fed by the tfg troops'' I would like to remind you, the first role of 'government' is to protect it's people. Because if there is no one to protect, there is no purpose for 'government'.