Can Muslims be Americans?

Baashi   

Can Muslims be Americans? They ask...

8/12/2006 - Religious Social - Article Ref: IC0608-3075

Number of comments: 30

Opinion Summary: Agree:21 Disagree:3 Neutral:6

By: Dr. Aslam Abdullah

IslamiCity* -

Can Muslim Americans be loyal to America? She asked. The immediate response of the person to whom the question was addressed was a big no. It didn't surprise many who were present during the conversation as many nodded their heads affirmatively. It was an ordinary discussion in a home setting where friends and relatives had gathered and some of them had raised the issue of loyalty of Muslim Americans. An elected public official from California, who chooses to remain anonymous, was also present at the gathering. She told the audience not to jump to conclusions and that she would present the questions raised at the gathering, to a Muslim who she knew. She forwarded me a list of issues that were brought up at the gathering and asked my input.

I sent her back my response, which she found helpful and assured me that she would do her best to promote the truth and fight ignorance. The issues raised and my response to them are as follows:

Dear Aslam:

Per our conversation I am emailing you a list of issues that were raised during the gathering.

Can a devout Muslim be an American patriot and a loyal citizen? Is 'Muslim American' really an oxymoron?

Some people who were at the gathering, presented the following points to show why Muslim Americans cannot be both at the same time:

Theologically, No - Because their allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.

Religiously, No - Because no other religion is accepted by their Allah except Islam. Their allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Koran.

Geographically, No - Because their allegiance is to Mecca, to which they turn to in prayer five times a day.

Socially, No - Because their allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews. Plus their men are instructed to marry four women and beat his wife when she disobeys him.

Politically, No - Because they must follow the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teaches annihilation of Israel and destruction of America.

Intellectually, No - Because they cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically, No - Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Koran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot coexist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually, No - Because where as we declare our country to be "one nation under God," and believe God to be loving and kind, their God, Allah, does not allow allegiance to a Christian God and does not promote love and kindness.

Based on the above the majority of the people at the gathering were of the opinion that we should be very suspicious of all Muslims in this country. According to them, Muslims cannot be both 'good Muslims' and 'good Americans' at the same time.

Look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Dr. Aslam tries his best...read on

قد أسمعت لو ناديت حي

ولكن لاحياة لمن تنادي

وناراً لو Ù†Ùخت بها إضاءت

ولكن انت تنÙØ® ÙÙŠ الرمادي