Sign in to follow this  
Safi Abdi

Are you a Hate-Foster...Or a Reconciler?

Are you a Hate-Foster...Or Reconciler?

Do you get a kick out of hating humans?

Or are you the type of person who would nip the urge to hate in the bud and get on with life, even when angry?

Are you in the habit of nursing ill-feelings against others until it becomes humanly impossible to retract from your stance?

Or would you rather look yourself in the mirror and say, Look, it’s OK to let go of my rage. I may be angry at so and so’s doings or at such and such, but I don’t have to keep hating them forever...I've a life to live...

Feeling rage and expressing it at some point in one’s life is a very normal thing. More often than not, we might be forced into situations that warrant some form of retaliation. There are times the upsurge of the feeling is so swift that it can take us unawares.

It can happen to us all. Mother Earth was not meant to be stress-free, nor is it a place where people are allowed to keep their cool at all times.

In any given situation while one might be justified in expressing his anger, however, what is not desirable or helpful to one’s growth, is to allow oneself to be totally at the mercy of one’s negative emotions. Emotions, if not guided by wisdom or a caring heart can lead one astray, and the deeper one sinks into such sentiments the more disastrous the exaggerations.

If such delusions give you a high and you don’t mind entertaining them in your psyche then beware you might be a step away from being a Hate-Foster, if you already are not one.

Now a Hate-Foster is someone who enjoys bad feelings; he gets a kick out of bad-feelings so much so that hurting others is some sort of a tonic for his ego. Give him an excuse to get puffed up with rage and he’d jump into it without hesitation; he won’t ask questions nor would he allow himself a second opinion.

While most people’s dissatisfaction might be momentary, a Hate-Foster’s sentiments can last a lifetime. It’s as though his attitude were etched in stone. If he doesn’t like you today means he'll never like you, ever, no matter how nice you try to be to him.

Everything is in black and white. He'll never look at your positive side, nor would he try to place himself in your shoes, never. As far as he is concerned, you are a lost cause. There are no second chances in his books.

A Hate-Foster is someone who not only gets angry when he’s got a reason to get angry, he can also get angry without good reason or be enraged at people had never even met. If someone told him something about someone, he’d keep this in memory for as long as he lives. He won’t forget; and no, never will he pause to ask, Is it true what I heard? Could be someone is lying to me about this?

Such a person might be as eloquent and imaginative as the greatest of poets, but unfortunately for him, his dictionary is so tightfisted against his opponents, that he'll be damned if his opponents would ever get a whiff of such simple words as: forgiveness, even-handedness, etc. etc.

The more seasoned the Hate-Foster the harder it is to please him or change his stand.

This is a person who is so in love, though he wouldn’t know it, with his frame of mind; so much so that he never loses a moment to badmouth those he perceives to be his opponents; discrediting them at every opportunity, and sticking to his guns as though his happiness depended on it.

Such a person stands a high risk of alienating others; being in constant battle with the weaklings of this world, or so he thinks of those who won’t bow to his warped worldview. But his determination is such that he has the ability to infect his environs by disseminating misinformation, half-truths, and what have you, to unsuspecting folks. I wont drop any names but the internet is awash with such creatures.

And that’s how the condition known as Bias is usually born, and bred in the minds of people who don't think for themselves.

Now, due to the day’s political climate, lay people everywhere (whether they are normal people or Hate-Fosters) are being manipulated by smart politicians. People are conned into mindless games, of tit-tats, and if you're a born Hate-Foster, then God help you, for you’d not only jump on the bandwagon you’d make it your business to take over the reigns.

As we speak, there are many Hate-Fosters (and they come in many colors and creeds) who are jostling for the job and steering into perdition our planet without taking into consideration the harm they are casting to the hapless populace of this planet.

Most people would rather just go on with their do to day affairs. They have families to take care of; bills to pay; they need time to sleep and unwind from a hard day’s work; time to play, time to pray; and the list of errands are as long as your life, and the time and energy required to fulfill life’s demands just as enormous.

Moreover, even thinking and conjuring evil thoughts about others, I believe, must requires time and energy, that could well have been spent on the finer things of life, such as having warm feelings and good thoughts about others.

Moreover, most people would rather attend a wedding rather than a funeral.

A word of Advice to a Hate Foster:

Life is short. You don’t have a spare lifespan to waste on anger and delusions. Life is given to you to enjoy it and you won’t do that if you are always fostering hate and sizzling in anger. At the end of the day, it’s you who is wasting his time and health, and not the object of your anger.

Please stay tuned for, How to treat a Hate-Foster and transform him into the Planet’s Happy Conciliator.

Author Homepage -----------------------------------------

S.O.S   

A/c dear Safi,

A very interesting piece of writing indeed; there seems to be a hint of personal experience... thanks for sharing it.

I glanced some of your poetry at the Den and I enjoyed the following one:

It was a long fretful watch

Stretching years of secrets divulged

Ifs and whys splashed everywhere.

Even as I screeched a mark

On the mired pages

Scarred faces my pen evaded

Speechless,

An Angel shook its head,upset.

History stalled.

In the weeping arms of her mother

A baby girl rocked herself to slumber.

A disheveled kid rushed on the road,

A rusty AK-47 his only consort.

A door slammed shut, crestfallen,

The ruined house of Somalia,

Powerless to contain the hurt therein.

A widow gave birth

And increased a populace wounded.

The sea was overwhelmed by the salt it held

And took its anger on the wavering seized.

Doomsday is an arduous day,

A foretaste replayed in the African Horn

Even as Angelic discourses went by, unheeded

And the moaners dilly-dallied, sidelined.

It was a long fretful watch

Ifs and whys abounded

Unrequited questions weighed down our mother

Hellish burdens indiscrete

Hovered on shoulders too narrow for the hold.

Somewhere in the firmament

A higher being flapped bejeweled wings

Sun rose yet again to renew her calls

But the earth-bound as usual on the prey feasted.

Greed-locked they sullied the continent’s spoils.

Grow up, Africa! Your desperation’s flowered by your own meanness,

Own up!

Burnt stars shake off their ashes,

Own up, Africa!

It was a long ludicrous wait

Tongue-tied the pens quivering in the folds, wailed.

In this drapery of the world’s most tedious narration

Even the accursed devil his face buried.

My pen drowned in the sweat of my hesitation

Expecting clouds withheld their goods, a scenario

replaying my own vacillation.

It was time Sun bid adieu

And the day’s cares coated with dew.

I rest my case by the setting sun

And like a disgruntled branch

I can only my dissatisfaction share

With the reclining ground.

Ultimately,

A conductor of my spirit alone,

The melodies of nature alone in my ears a balm

Sight unwavering on the farthest horizon

This last Spark being what held my reason.

But then again,

When there’s none else but Him…

Isn’t the cry: Ya Allah!

Copyright: 2006 Safi Abdi, All Rights Reserved.

S.O.S.

Thanks, nothing personal in the article, it was a prelude to a real article I had been meaning to share:)

Please check it out under: How to treat a Hate-Foster.

I had to show the symptoms before treating the patient.

Btw, why is the place so quiet? Are you guys busy with studies??????

And thanks for sharing the poem...should be shared with the warlords as well.