Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

They said colonialism was over, but the beat goes on!

Paragon   

Talk of state sovereignty and independency, and surely most of the African states will raise their index fingers to yell 'Count us in'. They will adamantly reiterate time and again that all affairs of their states (except International Trade and few others) are rightly under their able authority. Dictatorships and so-called 'Democracies' alike may be under the illusion that they are what they think they are.

Even in this day of 'Globalization', where - we were told that - colonialism is a thing of the past, the old colonial dogs of the west are at it(again). This time, however, what once use to be done in secrecy has, in the last week or so, become open and public to the eyes of the world: the fiddling of the west in African matters, which endangers, predictably, the African continent.

Anyone in the United Kingdom who read the broadsheet papers or paid attention to Media reports, would have heard of the foiled coup de tat perpetrated against the government of Equatorial Guinea . The attempted coup -though foiled - was meant to overthrow the Equatorial Guinea's President, Obiang, but in the process of foiling the coup, a network of conspirators were unearthed.

It was also determined that the coup was to tap into the newly discovered oils of Equatorial Guinea. A plot all too obvious, or shall entertain another idea by saying: 'it was a regime change that has links with Bush and Blair?!' :D .

Anyway, according to the SUNDAY TIMES, the UK and US intelligent services were well too aware of the coup planned by Simon Mann and ex-President Severo Moto of E. Guinea. Whether they informed President Obiang or even Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe is another issue which I wouldn't go into now. However, involved in this scandalous failed coup was a man called Mark Thatcher -who is also the son of ex-Prime Minister, Baroness Magret Thatcher.

All these involvements don't matter that much to me, because I know these types of operation can be commonly related to the business of toppling old dictators and installing new Dictators of agents originating from the West & South-Africa in pursuit of economic gain. What matters most to us here (at least in Somalia's case) is the mentioning of a man nammed:Greg Wales.

This man according to the SUNDAY TIMES, "has intensive business interests in Africa, including mine clearance in Somalia and consultancy work...In a damages claim lodged by Obiang in the High Court, Wales is alleged to be one of the main backers of the plot. Wales denies involvement."

Wales may deny involvement in the case of Equatorial Guinea, but, if he has been approached by a charactor such as Simon Mann and 'du Toit'(who is also part planner of the coup now held in Malabo, the Capitol of Equatorial Guinea), I suspect the intentions of Greg Wales' mine clearance in Somalia!

The questions i'd like to ask is: Is there anyone in SOL who is aware of mine clearance operations in any part of Somalia? If such an operation is located in any part of Somalia, is Wales' operation a plan to influence Somali Politics in any way? (Mind you du Toit entered Equatorial Guinea while disguising his motives with the setting up of a Fishing Company with O'Biang's cousin).

I would also like to hear the views of all Nomads interesting the politics of the African continent.

Salma   

Originally posted by J11:

Even in this day of 'Globalization', where - we were told that - colonialism is a thing of the past, the old colonial dogs of the west are at it(again).

I don't think the Colonialism is over. It's not over, just the style of the imperialism and coloniaism has changed. Earlier the West used to invade, colonize and control others' lands and freedom by weapons,canons,bombs to control these nations. But Nowadays, the West dont colonize any land by weapons, destructions or killing; but by Debts Agreements, Westernization methods and Globalization. Even Globalization is a kind of colonialism but in a modern way.

Globalization=Americanization, controling the world as per the Cowboy's rules.

Believe me, sometimes i feel that the Colonialsim in old days were much better than these days, earlier the nations used to struggle for their independence for their freedom and liberty. How to defeat their enemy so that they lead their own lands, politics, economics by themselves..etc. But unfortunately, the Enemies are very smart and know how to change their ways and styles of controlling others.

Nowdays, they don't control our lands but our minds. That's why we are so weak and cannot stand and defeat them. The Africans, the Muslims, the Arabs, the Asians all are controlled and can't fight for their rights, and if they speak they will be labeled by "Terrorism" or called as "The Rouge States"

Anyway, simply I think if someone hurted your feet on purpose and you kept silent for that;you didnt defend your right from the first time, then don't blame that person if he spit on your face next time.

African continent said "Yes" to the Slavery once, then they said "Yes" to the Colonialsim again. And now they can't run their politics after the so-called "Their independence and Freedom".

I dont have any idea about the mine clearance operations in Somalia. But I heard of buyring biological and chemical European waste in the Somali Lands. Ever heard of "The North get richer and higher and the South get poorer and sicker" That's because those evils first, steal or buy the mineral resources from these weak and poor nation's in cheap prices and take them to their factories in their lands then sell it back to the weak nations in high prices. And if they have any trashs/waste they want to get rid of , they don't bury them in their oceans or lands but they send them to AFRICA (GOD When AFRICA will WAKE UP, this is making my blood boil, eeft)

So, Same story but with little difference, using our land as a Basket for their Trashs. You wanna the truth : People ,The Wild Wild West is still colonizing us.

Congratulations :mad:

LANDER   

I guess we can mostly agree on what is modern day imperialism or neo-colonialism as CHE would say; the problem is our people in the third world have yet to clearly define what it means to be FREE. CHE said it best in one of my favorite quotes:

"Each time a country is freed, we say, it is a defeat for the world imperialist system, but we must agree that real liberation or breaking away from the imperialist system is not achieved by the mere act of proclaiming independence or winning an armed victory in a revolution. Freedom is achieved when imperialist economic domination over a people is brought to an end. " - Ernesto Che Guevara

Paragon   

Lander sxb I agree with you there. Che put it in a superb manner; its not over till the fat lady is crippled :D .

Did you go to watch 'Motorcylce Diaries'? The movie based on Che? I heard its a good watch.

LANDER   

J,

no saxiib I didn't watch motorcycle diaries yet, but I intend on doing so. I'm not sure who made this movie though, I hadn't heard much about it.