Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

Gunz 4 Hire

NGONGE   

What is it with British TV and children at war these days? Two days ago they had a program on channel four about a 12-year-old Palestinian child that wanted to become a suicide bomber. It was a very sad and touching program (though I didn’t agree with their conclusions – they were subtly bashing Islam). Now, we have this show about the life of a 14-year-old Somali kid. It doesn’t promise to be a very cheerful program either. :mad:

Warmoog   

After reading the article and viewing the video clip, my heart ached for that kid. Even though he was a gunman (or should I say gunchild?), he was after all just an orphan... a dispensable pawn in a treacherous game far bigger than him. In the clip, many of the other gunmen appeared as though they weren't much older than Mukhtar. They're all kids! Subxanallah. Greedy warlords grow fat in the safety of their villas, while starving kids drive their battlewagons and die insignificant deaths. I can't help but wonder who cried for Mukhtar? Who'll remember him with any degree of fondness? I was reminded me of a character from Nuruddin Farah's Links, except there was no Stetson hat or any other comedic elements... only tragedy.

"Three days later Muktar was dead. At first I was told it was a gun accident, but then it transpired that he had woken one of his fellow militiamen too early.

Angry, the man grabbed his gun and shot Muktar in the head"

Very sad indeed,He was just a kid