Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Dream or Life, which is the true reality?

Kulmiye   

Man I’m taking this philosophy class- and I’m continuously dealing with this matter, but how could I write it in such a way that will do it justice? How could I use words to paint a picture that conveys what is in my mind? First let me set my priority as side- and if I find the time- I’ll sure to boil my thinking-pattern and put the image in here to share with you all. Nonetheless I appreciate ya’ll giving me a piece of logical substance to entertain myself.

much love and many blessing.

Chimera   

Paragon;400570 wrote:
I once had a conversation with a friend who is not afraid to extend the boundary and horizon of analytical thought. This friend and I had talked long hours about the essence of (real) life and dream.

The contention of our conversation, I confess, was an offshoot from common belief and conception of the roles of dream/s and reality. I started the conversation by indicating that life in essence is one figment of a continual dream and that dream is the true and permanent status of man kind.

The purpose of my saying so becomes clear if one considers carefully the already existing evidences. In all revelations to humanity, one trend of describing life has been common in all belief systems. The common thing in all monothystic religions is 'pre-destination' of events and actions in our lives.

First,
there was predestination.
Second
, creation.
Third
, there would be death.
Forth,
there would be resurrection.
Fifth
, there would be permanence.

So in this order, although it could mean that we were not created first as flesh and bones, our souls existed before the creation of bodies and minds. But with creation came what is called life. If life wasn’t there then it would mean we would have existed as a soul only and in dream.

Paragon, you should watch LOST, great series that will leave you wondering at times whether it's all a dreamworld, or not.

There is a story that I periodically work on set in Gondershe, Somalia that goes through the Five steps that you mentioned above and revolves around a Somali couple that are blessed with twin-boys. One however is enticed by the devil, the other son is near perfect, yet they are inseperable and therefore feel when the other is in pain or in joy, hence the Fifth destination tests their bond to the fullest.

btw how is your writing project progressing?

Paragon   

“but how do you explain the inconsistency inherit in dreams, and the inability for one to remember them unlike in life that has memories?”

To this question I answered: we cannot remember dreams that we have well for the basic fact that the now-ness of life is powerfully reflective in all capacities of our mind.

Dejavu! One hardly realised one was well into the journey, and after 7 years of contemplative inwardly travel, one has finally reached a milestone. That all was uttered without experiencing is indeed an underestimation. A witness of actualisation of events in the here and now must thus bow in sheer exhilaration and appreciation. Bless the words...

>Now to you, none other than it: Here is lived in its raw realness. 10.54<