Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

They should be worried: the west and the spread of Islam

Salam calaykum Nomads.

I posted this article here which i read from a link from Islamicity.com today i found it very interesting, and thought that the views of the author shows just how the Christian institutions in the USa are reacting towards the reality and the vast speed @ which Islam is spreading.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ellis: Islam filling void left by the church

Aug 20, 2003

By Rob Phillips

A pilgrim's walk

Muslim women gather and prepare for the haj pilgrimage to Mecca.

RIDGECREST, N.C. (BP)--Islam is rising in America, not because of its strength, but because of the retreat of the church, and if the religion founded by Muhammad 1,400 years ago continues to grow at its current rate, there will be more Muslims than Christians in every major U.S. city by 2020.

The observations were voiced by Islam expert Carl Ellis during the Aug. 15-17 National Conference on Islam cosponsored by LifeWay Christian Resources and the North American Mission Board's interfaith evangelism team at LifeWay's Ridgecrest (N.C.) Conference Center.

Ellis is co-founder of Project Joseph, an effort to educate the church about contemporary issues. An expert on Islam who travels around the world and speaks extensively on the subject, he was among the conference's featured speakers.

Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the world, with 1.2 billion devotees, with Ellis reporting its growth at 2.75 percent per year. By some accounts, Muslims will overtake the current 1.8 billion Christians by 2020.

In America, where there are an estimated 7 million followers, Islam is growing at a 6 percent annual rate. White Americans are the fastest-growing segment of U.S. Islam, and 80-85 percent of all U.S. Muslims consider themselves former Christians. If present trends continue, every major U.S. city will be predominantly Muslim by 2020, Ellis warned.

"We must understand that there is a comprehensive plan in progress to Islamicize America and the West," said Ellis, noting that since 1973 the Organization of Islamic Conference has spent about $105 billion in this effort, much of it funded by Middle East oil revenues.

----------------------------------------------

S-1 (laughs to himself) if only

----------------------------------------------

If this troubles Christians, as it should, they need not look at Islam's success, but at Christianity's failure, Ellis said. "The church in America has reduced the Gospel of the Kingdom to peddling personal fire insurance. As I talk to Muslims who have left the church, I find that they don't feel the church addresses their issues and needs -- yet the Bible speaks to every one of them."

Two axioms must guide Christian thinking about Islam, Ellis said. First, Islam is a system, while Muslims are people. Christians must challenge Islam and love Muslims. Second, there are three things a Muslim has no defense against -- the prayers of the saints, the love of the saints and the wise application of the Word of God to their core issues.

"I find among Muslims a sincere desire to be right with God -- especially among American converts," Ellis said, noting that he has personally seen more than 1,800 leave Islam and place their trust in Christ, often at great risk to their lives since Islam teaches that leaving the religion is a capital offense.

Ellis described Islam as a "works-righteousness treadmill. There is no assurance of salvation -- with the possible exception of dying in jihad." While many Muslims ultimately embrace the Gospel because of its message of God's grace, Ellis said the church has not adequately prepared believers to share that message. "We have neglected the teachings of the Bible. I suspect Islam is rising, not because of the strength they have, but because of the retreat of the church."

Ellis said what's happening in America -- the decline of the church -- is what already has happened in other parts of the world. "People used to say Islam would never take hold in the Holy Land because Christianity was too strong. But look at Jerusalem, where the Mosque of Omar, the third most holy place in Islam, sits atop the ruins of the temple where Jesus taught.

"People used to say Islam would never take hold in Antioch, where Jesus' disciples were first called Christians. But today it's in the grip of Islam.

"People used to say Islam would never take hold in Asia Minor, where the seven churches of Revelation were. But today this is Turkey, and Turkey is a Muslim nation. The same was said about North Africa, where Islam reigns today. Can anyone say America is safe as a Christian nation?"

Still, Ellis is hopeful. He said if Christians return to the Bible, embrace and engage Muslims in loving dialogue, the Gospel message will water the "dry well" of Islam. "At the end of the day, Isaiah 55:11 is still true -- God's Word will not return to Him void," Ellis said. "I count on the Word of God to do its work, if we will do ours."

--30--

LifeWay and NAMB will host a second National Conference on Islam Sept. 19-21 at LifeWay's Glorieta Conference Center in New Mexico. For more information, or to register online, log on to www.lifeway.com/islam. (BP) photos posted in the BP Photo Library at http://www.bpnews.net. Photo titles: A PILGRIM'S WALK and RELIGIONS MEET.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i dont no about you guys but i thought the author ((a supposed expert on islam, i have never heard of him before )) comes across to me as being distraught and speaks of delusions, lol at one point claiming to have personaly met 1800 ppl who had turned away from Islam. I think the fact that they proposes organising and actively challaging muslims in 'loving way' shows a fear that might exist in the minds of promonant Americans. A fear that manifest's itself into every way the inter-act with amercian muslims, and worse yet as we know dictate foriegn policy.

[ September 02, 2003, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Miriam1   

They Shall Never Defeat Us !!!!

Naturally they should worry, their irrational religion is falling apart.

One thing i found funny was this,

Christians must challenge Islam and love Muslims. Second, there are three things a Muslim has no defense against -- the prayers of the saints, the love of the saints and the wise application of the Word of God to their core issues.

First who needs saints when you have Allah (SWT) , why not turn to him when you are in trouble?...why go to saints

see how irrational that is!

the wise application of the Word of God to their core issues

Huh?...if he is truly an expert of Islam he should know better, The Quran is a guide to life, any matter that needs to be addressed in a muslims life is documented clearly.

Truely if those are the only three things they could find that muslims have no defence against, then they are PATHETIC...

Funny article though, thanks smile.gif

Am glad you took the time to read the article gents and ladies

Mizz unique no prob sis

Jawahiir indeed they will never stop the spread of Islam how can they

CM I think they already are lol judging by the sound of the article

Carl Ellis doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. :rolleyes:

They have no defence against Islam...other than to paint it as a 'backward, extreme and sexist' religion...plus the terrorism propoganda of course. Well, they're trying and still ppl are converting to Islam. Indeed, they should be worried.

N.O.R.F   

thanx for that Shujul!

You can see it happening,specially where i'm from, there seems to be more and more re-verts to islam plus the others,seeing there fearful faces when they see u standing at the magaxid on a friday afternoon is enuff to know of there inevitable inferiority in the future,and that is a gr8 thing!

Modesty   

Oh one more thing I forgot to mention-although we hear that there are 1 billion or so muslims in the world, that doesn't make a diff. 'cuz we're still 1 billion weak. :eek: