Sign in to follow this  
Thought_Control

Prejudice is in our DNA its just humane

SALAM

If our world were truly democratic and egalitarian

if the fatrae really were fair, there would be no need for positive discrimination. we may dream about utopia without borders, but the reality bites us with this paradox discrimination is in our bones it is coded into our DNA it sets us apart from one another enables us to be and to know who we are, it is in learning to live with paradox, in striving to accommodate, and perhaps moderate our prejudice that we make our institution and our world a safer place.

think any differently? explain yourself

"hypocrisy is the only evil that walks invisible except to Allah alone"

Xafsa   

Originally posted by Thought_Control:

SALAM

it is in learning to live with paradox, in striving to accommodate, and perhaps moderate our prejudice that we make our institution and our world a safer place.

I agree 100%. The truth is there is no real way of escaping from prejudice. The problem lies in trying to change something that is so deeply rooted in our being. Every individual here has some preconceived notion about praticular groups of people....the balance is found in realizing that its when you act on these notions that you run into the problems we face in this world today.

Jamilah   

Asalamu Calykum,

Brother I will have to disagree with you, undoubtedly there are many people who judge others in groups rather than individuals but they does not permit us to form our own conclusions, such as prejudice being in our DNA. Things like prejudice all come down to our personality and how we see life. A strong Muslim never judges others from what he has seen from a member of that particular race or group.

Salaam

:D

salam

u got a point dear sis jamilah but remember even the strongest of muslims do judge u ask wy? simple we are like mentioned in the qur'an "INSAAN" meaning human meaning not perfect,we're not talkin racism but being prejudice to certain extend...so therefore the strongest of muslims do judge too when he says the "kufaars" non-muslim good or bad, would have u beleive this and that therefore becarefull and i happen to beleive em lol

salam sis

"hypocrisy is the only evil that walks invisible except to god alone"

i disagree. prejudice is something we learn and are not born with. its true it is an instinct to fear the unknown, and therefore holding some prejudices against the unknown would be a bi-product of that fear, but in what group, or category you fall into, or who you must fear, or who must dislike is something you gather from yr environment and not yr genes. when we are born, we do not instinctively know what race, nationality, or even gender we fall into. all of these things are learned through time and with the help of our parents and society, and therefore yr prejudices, ideologies arent instinctive but learned.

salam

good reasonning somealien damn girl sup with the hammer time thang, reminds me of the old days lol "uh oh oh oh" lol salam by the way sis rarely do i come accross ur nick...well point made...like to argue but see no way out lol like to blame our ancesters,begining of life itself but that will lead us to xaawa and aden come to think of it they we're the only 2 therefore no other to be prejudice about....well case close now i should blame u 2 jamilah and somealien for assisting the end of my topic but way to go girls thumbs up. flying-still thanks for ur camaraderie lol.

blame the environment...and the upbringing

"hypocrisy is the only evil that walks invisible except to god alone"