Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

somalis are brought up all wrong

Liqaye   

Bfore i start i would like to make clear that i am speaking only of my generational set.

I only qoute this guy because my knowledge is limited, but Plato said that an ideal human is one trained in gymnastics as trainig for the body, and the love of all things beutifull i.e justice, humanity and such like.

using this flawed suppostion( as ny thing thought by a human as ideal is always flawed as set against the quran) my geeration broken down in to two parts are not going along well , and to use this tired cliche, it follows that our future gets darker every day this bussines, for profit called the civil war goes on in our homeland.

1) somalis raised out side somalia have lost their language a generelization sure but it must be admitted that our grasp of our mother tongue even when spoken by thebet of us is flawed.

we therefore cannot comprehend the uances of our culture hence that culture is bound to collapse under the weight of it's own incomprehension by those who are supposed t be it's standrd bearers.

we live in a dual world at once fulminating against the hypocrisy and aridity of western pop culture fr there is no longer any other.

whilst all these idiots are representin L.a or whatever wearing, talking and thinking shit even as they perform ablutions, to pray in language they dont preceive in a practise they would rather do with out.

At once calling new comer somalis backward as they hope against hope or peace in somalia.

watchingm there parents do things foreign to them, such as prostitution and they themselve if not agreeing with it, thinking of it atleast as normal progression of modernity.

here we stand with one foot in here another in there consequently, looking fools to the druggie they imitate and their parents who cannot understand them.

here is where we stand it would be funny if it does not cause be to lose breath.

2) soamlis in somalia have only seen violece as the acceptable form of conflict resolution as the SHIR is forgotten and ridiculed.

Forms of violence such as rape are considerd acceptable ways of control.

Disscusion is anethma, and dangerous and anybody who opposes,..well who opposes now, not them not the children of the diaspora.

there shall be no future, we keep denying our past talking tribalistic shit and loving it.

the future of somalia is that we will lose all, we may survive, but the land will say to those who listen i am no longer somalia forget me.

wot u say is very true an accurate unfortunaetly OGUN, thats the situation a lot of us are in now, but inshallah things will improve soon, beacuse we are starting to talk about everythin that has resulted in our demise, including Tribalism.

And even if the ppl suppose to be leading our various Factions arent, most of us ordinary ppl are and have been for along time. so i hope in tyhe future when the opptunity arises then we (ordinary ppl) will be ready to go back and help regenrate our devated country indeed it is all ready happening in somali land and Puntland.

I share u bleak out look saxib, but i must strive to think that somalia can still be rrevived once more with its ppl being its source of life, wot ever tribe they belong to inshallah.

Return to Islam as simple as that. WhaT Better a way to treach each other with respect dignity humanity and respect than to, as the quran and the sunnah say's.

Indeed this is the problem that will face the parties suppose to be thrasing out a peace process in eldoret kenya.

Thats the problem we have had i suppose since back in the day. However it was never Mangified to the extent where a whole ppl were under such a crisis.

I dont want to preach or sound nieve, but even after giving due sensitive regards to the various issues and problems associated with regain 'community trust' between our selves if ever we try to re-establish ourself back home in our life time, we will still have old wounds to heal.

we should learn from the mistakes of our recent past.

I.e. Disgard of Tribal faviour as Politcal means of Governance, establish Legal system and Proper education, and given a period of Stabiliy and a return to islamic way fo life am sure someone like myself, and the rest of my nomads, u included will flourish.

But i said before am not naive, the current situation is that we are spread all over the globe, huge parts of the country are in relative choas, ungoverned ruled via Milita law. So if the situation persists us such then, so to will our problems.

We need to get ride of this old cronies, warlords, uneducated, an-islamic mad med who have for far to long held the regins of power in somalia.

WHOA....broh why so negative i understand the idea that we somalis are not all happy and lucky with out situation but what better does it make for us to put ourselves down ..??? i mean isn't that the conflict that we put ourselves down..all the time ..i ussually never see somali's giving each other the much needed love..but you know what..i don't know..let's just be positive ..reading what u wrote back there just scares me man..reality or not what do u suggest..other than the belligerence of negativity u just posted.? help me out i'm trying to understand..is it that ur straying from culture or religion due to the negative aspects of our community? i don't know what your reasoning is ONE....<<<<<<<<<<<<<BROTHER OGUN

OPEN-MINDED...<

Liqaye   

Perhaps i was to negative, and maybe i should not forget that i am a member of the most reselient people on earth but all the same i was not trying to draw attention to the present situation, but rather the end result of the present.

Do you think that we are really going to develop a culture stronger, when all the forces of change are negative, from foriegn ideas imbibed haphazardly, to this sub-existence that so many of us felt at one time or another. Is this what will be used to rebuild our country?

by the way when a post states that we should return to religion, all i can say is that is a done deal theoreticaly, and impossible practicaly.

sMiLeY   

what u said is true......soo many of us lost our culture......u see kids that can't speak somali......daym it has been only about 12-13 years since the war started and we're starting to melt in where ever we are....imagine us in 50 years ......if someone from my generation is losing his/her culture imainge their grand children....i wonder if there will be such ppl called somalis in 50 or 100 years from now.

I always pray that Somalia gets better but then look at what's happening there is a war between tribes and then there is a war within each tribe......and wars don't end ........u hear a warlord died .....u might think things will get better but guess what probably his son or brother will replace him....

If u only see kids that come from Somalia.....u would feel soo sad......they can't do simple math like 2*2 ......they can't read or write somali or any other language.....not only that .....they don't behave like children.....no respect for elders.......I feel sorry for them seeing all the voilence it must had a big impact on their life and behavior.

I try to think of solutions for the problem......but i can't think of any......i personally gave up on somalia.......ALL i do is pray .......and hope ALLAH will help us and our country