of wealth and posterity

Yet

I have loved him

and found him lacking

I have desired man

and found nothing!

Disclaimer: This is a work in progress

Paragon   

I note the disclaimer but as much as I understand the subject of the piece, could tell me what gender the author is? It helps. smile.gif

SeeKer   

I am confused. You want to know my gender or what persona I am when I wrote the piece?

Ps:-the piece had started out as one thing and by the time I was done it had evolved to something else. It isn't about a man and woman though ;)

Paragon   

Oh oh, forgive me. Yes I quite understand that one can become someone while working on a particular piece. Remember how you called my mind trippy? :D

Anyway, I had entertained this crazy idea that the spirit (eternal) is genderless, and so we are who we are now (in body - in one kind of a life-form) but we retreat to a unison spiritual state later on - in the relief of death of the body.

So yes, I am interested in who you were who the inspiration for the poem oozed from the depth of your brain.

smile.gif

SeeKer   

Originally posted by humble.:

Anyway, I had entertained this crazy idea that the spirit (eternal) is genderless, and so we are who we are now (in body - in one kind of a life-form) but we retreat to a unison spiritual state later on - in the relief of death of the body.

Interesting theory that could somehow explain why some people are gender confused when dwelling in the vessels we call bodies.

As to who I was when I wrote the piece, I was a daughter, then a mother and finally i sunk into the soft earth and called my home mother earth. I guess it sort of lead me down that path and inspired another poem that is still slumbering in my notebook.

Ps:- Do you change names like you change shirts? Its hard to keep up with you since my trips to SOL are irregular I always have to reacquaint myself with you and your trippy mind. smile.gif

Paragon   

Haha. Well, it could be a useful theory especially for my journey and I guess it could 'explains' the syndrome you mentioned. True, bodies are what they are.

I will await for the completion of your poem then, daughter, I mean mother earth. :D Don't neglect it to the notebook though or soon enough you'll give up hope on it.

Yes, lately I'm changing nicknames...it's a transformation of a sort. But hopefully that's the end of it.

SeeKer   

I will try to work on it but most of the time it dies when the ink dries. I think its something to do with the emotional roller coaster one is on when then put pen to paper.

If man was never changing this world would indeed be dull smile.gif

And on that note.........

It is with the dawn feeble light

that I realize I am a solitary soul

roaming the earth

the pink, orange and blues

merge together to form a new day

whilst I wait in anticipation

to form a new me

born from the magma flowing inside of you

cracking through the crust

sinewy muscle and long limbs

I emerge and sigh

I am still the only solitary soul

walking the earth

Paragon   

'I am still the only solitary soul

walking the earth '

:D Ofcourse, ofcourse you are. In your own silent and solitary world. And I, likewise in mine.

Well the cure to that dullness is to know that one is a creature of this world, or in more conventional words, a man of this world. And thus none has more right to this world to with do it as you desire. If such a mentality takes roots, then any man can change the world to a percieved paradise or hell of his own. All it takes is a little dose of disregard or total irreverence..

The cure for the inspiration is not to let the ink dry... smile.gif

SeeKer   

Isn't man's life pre determined though? So what kind of change will you initiate but what you are meant to change smile.gif

C'est la vie. Learning to live in the moment is a change I can believe in!

~~Has a feeling of being mocked~~

Paragon   

^On change and what can be changed, if I were to comment on it, it'll take me weeks or months or perhaps years to write it down. I went through it all in thought and pieced them together but I can not go back to that now. I am at somewhere vital, and frankly, exciting.

On the advice on living in the moment? I think that is so far the best advice humans have but what is a moment. Not in time essence but it's very own fabric?

Originally posted by SeeKer:

whilst I wait in anticipation

to form a new me.......

I emerge and sigh

I am still the only solitary soul

walking the earth

Beautiful! Futility comes to mind when I read these two sections. You have captured a feeling many feel on a daily basis! At the beginning of each time, each day, each ramadan, each year! But, the "solitary soul" as you wonderfully put must continue to strive to "form a new".

You have a gift! the gift of insight. you can look deep down and put into words what many will seek "Prozac" for! Keep it up and keep on sharing it in as many fora as possible.

Paragon   

^Garmaqaate, my fellow North-easterner, welcome to SOL forum.

Now, if you will please, I am interested to learn a few things about the solitary soul that can 'form a new'.

Would you be kind enough to elaborate on your quote below? Fadlan.

But, the "solitary soul" as you wonderfully put must continue to strive to "form a new".

PS: If you are in some way as solitary as the two of us (I and seeker), then it seems here (this topic) unites us. smile.gif

SeeKer   

A Mandera fella? Kwani tangu lini mandera ina andikwa Mandhera? ;) Thanks for the compliment even though you attribute the unattainable to me.

Jamaal11, could you be platosizing? A moment is a breath, a heartbeat, a smile, a kiss, a tear, a burn or a silent prayer. You expect far too much my friend when you ask for a definition of a moment. It is but what your soul determines i.e. subjective.

PS:- I think I saw a while back in a deserted haunt of yours that you had a video clip of my home (Mlango wa papa). I am feeling nostalgic so can you pass it along so I can weep tears smile.gif

Paragon   

Seeker, Mandheera yes. That's in Somali. Me, platosizing? No my dear my fellow Mlango wa Papan smile.gif .

A breath, a heartbeat, a smile, a kiss, a tear, a burn or silent prayer and etc, aren't definitions of what a moment's constitutional fabric is, is it?

Aren't these, say, actions' done' or manifested within 'a moment', just that? Simply actions that the moment contains, whose inherent values cannot truly explain the 'intrinsic value' of moment? smile.gif

I know, I know - I am expecting too much from you but better yet 'what is what my soul is'? I mean if I can subjectively define a moment in my own terms, because 'I am', what am I? Ofcourse all involves thoughts, so am I a thinking thing? They say 'I think, therefore I am'. I understand the 'thinking' or the witness', but what is the definition of the 'I am'? How can 'I be'? :D

Oh forget it ... I have nothing better to do but talk this way..because it's enjoyable when you are the recipient of crazy thoughts.

Lol@tears of nostalgia. You know I am unable to use the other means of communication. Connection probs - but I'll find something on MSA to have you tear and sob. smile.gif

SeeKer   

Originally posted by J11:

I know, I know - I am expecting too much from you but better yet 'what is what my soul is'? I mean if I can subjectively define a moment in my own terms, because 'I am', what am I? Ofcourse all involves thoughts, so am I a thinking thing? They say 'I think, therefore I am'. I understand the 'thinking' or the witness', but what is the definition of the 'I am'? How can 'I be'?
:D

Its saturday morning and for the life of me I found my eyes crossing when I read this. Talk about a stretch..... are your brain muscles fatigued? smile.gif

Dont worry about msa. I think I am over it for now. thanks.