Sign in to follow this  
qoslaaye

WHO HAS THE BEST SOMALI POETRY?

qoslaaye   

WHERE DOES THE BEST SOMALI POETRY ORIGINATE FROM? EAST SOMALIA, WEST SOMALI, NORTH SOMALI, CENTRAL SOMALIA, SOUTH SOMALIA,

I THINK WITH NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THE BEST AND ALL SOMALI POETRY ORIGINATED FROM WEST SOMALI KNOWN AS OGADENIA, IT THEN SPREAD TO NORTH SOMALIA KNOWN AS SOMALILAND. ALL THE OTHER SIDES OF SOMALI HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH POETRY OR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

IF YOU DISAGREE PLEASE PROVE YOUR POINT, INCLUDING NAMING SOME GREAT POETRY FROM WHICH EVER SIDE YOU THINK HAS THE BEST POETRY IN SOMALIA.

THANKS

i think the best somalian beot was smaciil mire

#1 ragow kibirka walagu kufaa kaa hala ogaado

#2 adaa koofilow jiitay aan dunida joogayne

#3 guuguulihii

#4 nin walba wixii loo katabay waa lakulansiine

#5 xasanow xuseen baa kaa xusuus badane

those are just the begining of beautul peoms

use to read those in middle school

then there many other people like sayidka ali dhuux,qamaan,salaan carabay,khalif,samatar,magli,carab, ilaahay ha u naxariisto dhamaan and ofcourse me i don't even like to start lool

Thought this is not a complete list, it should give you an idea as to whom and from which regions Somali poets are.

Without a doubt, Sayyid M A Hassan remains the greatest poet of all. My favourites are Osman Y Keenadiid for not only was he a literate but a great observer of the social ills and virtues, and Abdillahi S Timacade for his nationalistic fervour, and Khalif Sh Mohamed for his prowess in translating popular feeling at the height of the start of organised opposition against the military regime.

http://www.golkhatumo.com/abwaan.htm

Ladiif   

Qoslaaye, please change your topic to "Who was the best somali poet(s)INSTEAD of which part of somalia they came from. It sound like u asking which Qabiil has the best poets even though that might not be ur intention. Thanks.

For the brother who said Ismaciil Mire was the best poet, yes he was a great poet but I doubt if he could even make to the top 10.

Og-girl, yes Ina Cabdille Xassan was "one of the best poets" but defintely neither #1 nor #2.

The Title #1 poet or best somali poet is a toss-up for 2 men namely, Raage Ugaas and Qamaan Bulxan. Followed by Salaan Carabey, Ina Cabdille Xassan, Cali Dhuux. I believe these were the top 5 poets, the greatest ever!!!!

i am the Greatest Somali Poet that ever set a foot on this planet and for those of you who think otherwise then i challenge you to prove me wrong!

asalaamu caleykum w-br.dhamaantiinba..

Qoslaaye sxb horta ,sida taariikhda lagu xuso wax gabya oo ugabya sida maanta joogta ee hooyaalaha looyaqaano,ama uugu luuqeeya hooyalayey hooyaalayey waxaa uugu horeeyey RAAGE UGAAS r,caleek, waana sida aad usheegtay inuu gabaygu saldhig leeyahay, in kastoo deegaanada qaarkoodba laga aqoon gabayga , oo la ga isticmaalo ama lagu maansa boolyo guuroow ama saar.e.t.c,waxaase mar ahaantaana ay ku xidhantahay qofku marba marxalada uu ka gabyo iyo sida gabaygiisu uu tisqaad(caan) unoqdo, iyo wacyiga lagu jiro, tusaale ahaan gabaygu waagii hore wuxuu uuga dhignaa dadka soomaaliyeed sida hubka wax gumaada ee maanta aduunku isku muquuniyey..tusaale ahaan waakii abwaanku lahaa...(afku wuxuu laxoog yahay magliga xawda kaa jara) waxaana ay ku cabiri jireen marba xaalada jirta dhib iyo dheefba, xaga caashaqa..colaada...nabada..xamdi naqa.hawaala waranka..iyo fariiinta .ama dhambaalka ..ducada..e.t.c tusaale ahaan xaga ducada aan soo qaato tix yar oo uu tiriyey Xuseen AW-faarax oo uu utiriyey dhimashadii cabdilaahi suldaan tima cade...dhamaantood ilaahay ha unaxariistee......wuxuu yidhi ab-waanku..

ALAHA unaxariisto.

oo ha u nuuro xabaasha.

iilka neecaw udgoon iyo.

haku siiyo naruuro.

inuu naar ka xoroobo.

oo NEBIGII(scw) la xiriiri

oo nasiibkiisa la geeyoo

janada uu ku nagaadoo

nimcadeeda ku waaro

oo xuural cayn ku nikaaxo

ayaan niyadduuga duceeyee

RAXMAANKOOW iga yeel|||

amiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

QOSALAAYE-----malaga yaabaa inuu SHAKA-ZULLU-uu yahay gabayaaga qarnigan hada bilawga ah?--lol

Ladiif   

lol@Og-girl, did I scare you or what? at leasst that wasn't my intention. Sorry dear sabeenbaa kugu xiran/xidhan ;);)

Mangalool, sxb welcome to S.O.L.I think you will like the place. Feel at home sxb

Shaka, sxb cabsiinta iyo bootada nagga dhaaf hadii kale kagga dhawaaji haba lawada maqle e :D:D

Originally posted by Latiif:

Shaka, sxb cabsiinta iyo bootada nagga dhaaf hadii kale kagga dhawaaji haba lawada maqle e
:D:D

Latiif saaxiib Gabay nooce ah ayaad dooneysaa?

waxba ha xishoon waad iweydiin kartaa noocwalba oo aad jeceshahay.

to latif

well bro that is one man's oponion and is all good

we can post who is better smaciil and raage and i will respect the result.

smaciil to me is the best of all ilaahay ha u naxiriistee but all those man are dead. now i think hadraawi is the best somalian poet.