Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Black

Hibo   

I thought I would share this with ya...A friend of mine forwarded it to me... It has insipred me indeed...

Why did you make me black Lord...

Lord... Why did you make me black?

Why did you make someone the world would hold back?

Black is the color of dirty clothes, of grimy hands and feet....

Black is the color of darkness,

of tired beaten streets...

Why did you give me thick lips,

a broad nose kinky hair?

Why did you create someone

who receives the hated stare?

Black is the color of the bruised eye

when someone gets hurt...

Black is the color of darkness

black is the color of dirt.

Why is my bone structure so thick,

my hips and cheeks so high?

Why are my eyes brown

and not the color of the sky?

Why do people think I`m useless?

How come I feel so used?

Why do people see my skin

and think I should be abused?

Lord, I just dont understand...

What is it about my skin?

Why is it some people want to hate me and not know the person within?

Black is what other people are "Labeled" when others want to keep them away....

Black is the color of shadows cast

Black is the end of day.

Lord you know my own people mistreat me, and you know this just aint`t right...

The dont like my hair, they don`t like me skin, as they say I`m too dark or too light!

Lord, don`t you think it`s time to make a chage?

Why don`t you redo creation and make

everyone the same?

God`s Reply:

I made you in the color of coal

from which beautifuldiamonds are formed...

I made you in in the color of oil

the black gold which keeps people warm.

Your color is the same as the rich dark soil that grows the food you need...

Your color is the same as the black stallion and panther, Oh what a majestic creature indeed!

All colors of the heavenly rainbow

can be found throught ever nation...

When all these colors are blended,

you become my greatest creation!

Your hair is the texture of lamb`s wool, such a beautiful creature is he...

I am the shepherd who watches them,

I will ALWAYS watch over thee!

You are the color of the midnight sky, I put the star glitter in your eyes...

There`s a beautiful smile hidden behind your pain...

Thats why your cheeks are so high!

You are the color of dark clouds from hurricanes I create in September...

I made your lips so full and thick, so when you kiss...they will remember!

Your stature is strong,your bone structure thick to withstand the burden of time...

The reflection you see in the mirror, that image that looks back, that is MINE!

So get off your knees, look into the mirror and tell me what you see?

I didn`t make you in the image of darkness...

I made you in the image of ME!

Just gorgeous!!

Hibo   

Sis, while the post was quite interesting still I don't think as muslims we should promote such stuff.. especially the last part it would be like painting a picture of Allah and nobody knows what he looks like. The other thing is I don't think it is fair to say Allah favours his creature based on their color.

Jaber   

I hope am not intrupting ur black party!!

sorry to be rude..but I've read this somewhere in one of these so-called black websites(yet owned by asians&Latin's)...

Hibo....I've on so manu ocasions tried unsuccessfully to understand how the brain cells of some of you(YO in ebonics) functions!

this is where I breath in&out without fellow nomads(geeddiyaasha or geeljirayaasah).......must I logon and see this balck crap been posted in every god damn somali website?!!

if I wanted to socialize with the lost tribes of Africa..all I have to do is go to one of their sex-motivated sites and read the nonsense they write about blackism!

....these r the same people who kill eachother yet call one another A BROTHER!!!

....these creatures have no culture......no religion...belong to no color........

they don't like us Somalis period.

I heard enough comments about my not so nappy hair.....my flat nose...and cute but no black looking face!..they often ask me if am an ARAB!!

u see to em we r no blacks...........and to the arabs we r no arabs!

can we just be SOMALIS&NOMADS for gods sake?!

Pig   

Originally posted by Hibo:

I thought I would share this with ya...A friend of mine forwarded it to me... It has insipred me indeed...

Hibo, if you need this to inspire you, you are not a real nomad. Please let us not look comfort in the wrong places. There is a difference between being inspired and being brainwashed. I think you are one of those sistas who have a pic of D'Angelo on the wall and stare at him 24/7 just to be inspired by the brother. Wake up and get real sista. Why do we always hide behind this fake rhetoric of "black is this" and "black is that". We are GEELJIREYAAL, get that through you D'Angelo head. Wake up and start milking the camel.

muuuuuuuuuu! (The Camel has spoken)

Hibo   

Baaha: I know what u mean, bro/sis. But I wasn't looking at it from that prospective.. Maybe looking at it it is dambi.

Jaber: I did say someone forwarded it to me........its not like I am calling it my own....FYI I am known to be original. Second.. what u believe doesn't necessarily count for my believes. If u have some much despise for the blacks... that is something u will have to overcome on ur own. I am B-L-A-C-K & P-R-O-U-D.

Qawdhan: As far as u go..........I will simply ignore what u have just posted...but will certainly say this " Learn how to get ur point across without being offensive"... Whose picture I have hanging in my bed is a personal choice....NOYB.

Pig   

Originally posted by Hibo:

Qawdhan: " Learn how to get ur point across without being offensive" B]

I was just telling you that your game is kind of anti-nomad Black...black....black...is all I hear every sista screaming.

Jaber   

Hibo

illaahay ha kuu sahlo nayaa.........u somali chicks have ceased to amaze me long ago......wallaahay at times I wonder if u lot have any maskax at all?!!

what is this black&proud cause u r wasting ur time on?.....r u a neo-black-panther?....Xaliimo if what u need is to get closer to one of the BIG(physically speaking) BUT small(mentally) BROTHERS

am pretty happy with my somali nationality,my sense of being a nomad. I don't need to sompare myself to some black nut who always whines about the-man(the white-man)trying to hold him down.....but when he gets the opportunity to successed he much rather sleep under a tree,eat a banana and hunt ***** for a living!!

do us all a favor and move ur garbage to where it's needed. to one of em websites....may I suggest a few?

blackplanet.com

blackvoices.com

bet.com

blackwebportal.com

and am sure u'll fine ur potential brother there..........as for this site.......like my somali brother Qawdhan put it best we r G.E.E.L.J.I.R.A.Y.A.A.L

Hibo   

Qawdhan and Jaber so what exactly r the nomads. Correct me if I am wrong but geeljirayaasha r not a race of their own.

I don't see anything wrong with being black and proud, while looking from a religious prespective this posting may be wrong but other that it is an inspiration to many ppl.

Maybe " waynu ka yar duwanay" but that doesn't count for all of Somalis. Eeg inta somali dad moodow ah- inta cas naftirkeeda -in the eyes of those other nationalities- waa dad modoow.

Wake up and realise inaynu dad madoow nahay and stop putting down dadka madow.

Pig   

Baaha, Somalidu waa inay ahaataa waxay ahayd markii Soomaaliya la joogay. Madowgana madow ayaanu ku sheegi jirnay, anaguna Soomali ayaan isku sheegi jirnay. Marka, yaan la isbadalin marka halkan la yimaado. Hadii la rabo raceka aan ka soo jeedno, waa mid iyadu aan u baahnayn baaris oo ah inaan madow nahay. Sheekada dumarkani wadaan maaha mid ay RACE uga hadlayaan, waa mid ay dhaqanka madowga ku xalaaleysanayaan. Tii waalan ee iila timaada sheeko K-Ci and JoJo ayaan jeclahay iyo D'Angelo ayaa halkan ka booday, waxaan la dhaci budh. Hawd ayaanan ku celin.

Jaber   

Qawdhan lol allaw yaa hawd ku wada celiya amiiiiin dheh

Baaha

Don't sell me this we r all black BS....cause aint buying the xaar......we Somalis,Ethiopians,Egyptians r called the Afro-Asiatic race.....a mixture of both worlds....it is interesting that we r discussing this...let me do a little more research on the subject and I will get back to u soon..

Hibo   

Qawdhan ur point taken laakin you know what we believed when we were back in Somalia doesn't work here sxb. Maybe dadka madow waxaynu uu naqanay madow cause we were ignorant and thought that somalidu waa race gaar ah oo cid walba ka duwan. Sure enough waynu ka cas nahay oo ka qorqornay but that is as far as it goes. At one point when I was living in Asia I realised that to everyone else qof madow waa madow doesn't matter inaad ka cas tahay or not. The kids at school would see someone who was from say Kenya and then they would come up to me and say maa abaaha ba. And the strange thing is in Somalia most ppl think in aan ahay mixed race. We should realise inay madow and stop these attitudes we use otherwise we will the prove living of the somali saying that goes "dacawaadi taalabadaydii ka tagday tii nabigana gaadhi wayday"

Jaber waxaa inaa hooday waxaynaan ahayn ayaaynu is moodnay. looking at somalinet I realise that the attitude adapted by most of the somalis is that they are not dad madow and at times the kind of the lanuage they use is so full of racism. Imagine cid aan ahayn Somali coming across and ppl will be wondering oo yay is moodayn inay yihin. I am sure we will be the laughing stock of this time.

BTW i don't buy we are the afro-asiatic race crap.

Steve   

Let us wait for some research on this. I, like Jaber, will provide some literature on this topic. It seems to be very interesting.

Jaber   

Hibo Black iyo Baaha

sorry I've been busy .....but here is what I have come across......we r what they call the HAMINTES...........got it the Hamites....

African people of caucasiond descent who occupy the Horn of Africa(chiefly Somalia and Ethiopia),the western Sahara,and parts of Algeria and Tunisia.They are believed to be the original settlers of N Africa.The Hamitic cradleland is generally agreed to be in Asia-perhaps Aribia or possibly an area farther east.The Hamites entered Africa in a long succession of migrations,of which the earliest may have been as far back as the end of the pluvial period.They are commonly divided into two great branches,Eastern and Northern.The Eastern Hamites comprise the ancient and modern Egyptians.the Beja,the Berberines,the Oromo,the Somali,the Dankil,and most Ethiopians.The Nothern Hamites include the Berbers of Cyrenaica,Tripolitania,Tunisia,and Algeria,the berbers of Morocco;the Tuareg and Tibu of the Sahara;the Fulbe of Western Sudan;and the extinct Guanche of the Canary Islands.

I also recommend a book titled"Black spark White fire"by Richard Poe a half Mexican half Jew writer..

Baaha

walaal understand me........I have nothing against dadkan madow it's just that we r two different people......color doesn't mean a darn thing.people change evolve!...kala af....waynu ka dhaqan duwanahay .......dadkan shaqa iskumalihine ha u nacamlaynin inan yar oo ku kurtay FUBU clothing kuna riyoota Ja Rule iyo shaydaan baas

Hibo   

As far as Jaber and Qawdhan r concerned this is what I got to say to u:... First of all, U can't judge a book by its cover, by that I mean, U can't possiblely know, what I stand for....or symbolize. When I forwarded this poem, what I had in mind was the idea of us appreciating blackness...nothing more.

Jaber: Inaad ku dhahdid baaha ma aheyn inan yar oo FUBU ku dhex kortay ha qiimeyn hadalkeeda. Anigu run ahaantii hadii la eego da'deyda saa uma weyni, hadaad adiga aabaheyn la egtahay. Balse what counts is the way we carry ourselves, as they say age is nothing but a number. Waa ka duwanahay madowga, laakiinse we share the color with them. Aniga kumaan oran dhaqankooda qaado, ama mid ka guurso. I am proud Somali, and a proud black. And pls.. READ between lines to grasp.......the actual meaning behind the written words...

Baaha: U r absolutely right bro.........thnx for standing by.