Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

Khalij Arabs being warned about their current ways..

Haatu   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Haatu everyone claims to be Ahlu Sunnah wal Jamaaca dear
icon_razz.gif

Dee that's the problem; and some people fall for it too. :D

Ibti, You are still not on the same page as me. Reciting alhamdu and understanding the meaning is quite different. Anyone can recite it a five year old and 50 year old, but how many can tell you the meaning of "ihdina siraadal mustiqiin"guide me to to the straight path for example in that particular surah??? only a few dear and not the average muslim I assure do a survey you would be surprised just among teenage SOmali girls or boys who pray five times a day or maybe even try older age groups. The Somali community is a classical example, they memorise the Holy book yet have no idea what they are reciting, and I believe that is what Ayan is finger pointing at.

All I am saying is about time we (as the Somali community) stress more on the understanding of the qu'aan as opposed to memorising it.

Haat, me referring to you as Sheikh is called an example of sarcasm dear so dont get too excited and Hamza Yusuf is clearly more knowledgable than you. Soo iska Aamus. :rolleyes: