Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Noor-Habibi

Naden   

I think that Mohannad fella has awoken the Arab female love psyche. No longer is the unwashed, girthy, vulgar dude of the desert the object of every woman's desire. Enter manicured Mohannad, with his metrosexual, high emotional intelligence self.

Hi JB 042.gif

Johnny B   

** Johnny hugs Naden so tight she screams ' let go you idi*t, its Ramadan' **

Nadennnnnnnnnnnnn, 042.gif xage ka baxde ?

Regarding the Arab female love psyche you nailed it right there,i don't believe much in Ngonge's choice, Sheik Moe's son is the typical you described earlier, black hair/black ayes , traditional dress and last but not least an i-can-buy-you-from-your-Dad' attitude.

Mohannad, on the contrary represents the most desirable yet somehow forbidden. partly because of his European looks but decisively of his Arabic/Islamic culture.

I wonder what Arab men dislike in NOOR ( the character)?

For years Arab men have drooled over Pamela Anderson and the mouth watering Cindy Crawford at the expense of disgruntled Bedouin women. Muhanad the Turk is perhaps the sweetest form of revenge.

However one begs to question is it because of Muhanad’s blond hair and blue eyes that they seek the pleasure of or is it a deeply ingrained inferiority complex. It is not a lie that east perceives western society being better and more advanced to the extent that even the physical body of the western man/woman has become more attractive.

Could it be that in a 100 years time a Chinese man or woman will be the object of desire, or 200 years from now a Somali Geeljire. For only couple hundred years ago most poetry from the middle east described beauty as golden skin with silky dark hair.

***scratches his head and walks out***

Johnny B   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Material och nonsens!
:D

Then how come i think of dedicating an Arabic song to Cara whenever i watch a new episode of NOOR. icon_razz.gif

هارب من الأحباب هارب من الأصحاب

من كل مدينة وحارس وأبواب

هارب انا من بيت رائع تشتهي كل عين

كنا تحت ظله انا وانت طيور اثنين

الضحكة والدمعة نقسمها على شخصين

ولعبت الحدود السود بالقلب الرحيم

وانهار سقف البيت والحب العظيم

غيرة وبعد الغيرة شك وبعد الشك عشرة من جحيم

افتح عيوني معهم ليلة الأحزان

Blessed   

^ehem. Why do you watch it? Don't tell me for the story line and the engaging dialogue.

:D:D:D

And this Arab woman love psych thing is over rated..ONE womans story apparently gives insight into all Arab women. Bah!

My, my @ Fazaa3. Explains his vanity. :D

Johnny B   

Why do i watch it? has it ever struck you that i Johnny Jonathan Bravo have the need of emotional horizon-widening drama of love just like those Arab men who fill for divorce? well, if not, rethink again, actually those soap-opera dramas help young men like myself develop emotionally as i've suffered under the grip of the West's rational but boring world of don't-show-much-emotions-as-no-one-cares.

Simply,i'm in love with the idea of falling in love.

The story of one woman? c'mon, You're disregarding Hibak from Buroa who promised her younger brother 3 xtra 'laxox' ( her share ) in the morning if he adjusts the Sat-Dish so the picture gets clearer and she could see Mohannd's smile. yes she too counts. icon_razz.gif